It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI caught distorting evidence for decades. The tip of the iceberg?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The FBI distorted results of hair identification analysis for decades

When you start scraping off the veneer of America the meme, it can get very ugly, very quickly.

When something like this gets exposed, you can be certain it's just the tip of the iceberg. The FBI isn't what people think they are.

I want to see the racial composition of these cases. Maybe some truth digger out there will do that.

Based on FOIA documents I've read in the late 50's and early 60's, I am increasingly convinced that the FBI has been engaged in a formal program of racial apartheid in the US. I hope it's not the true but more and more information is leading me to this understanding.

Some troubling markers coming from the forums. Some deep racism and fascism entering the flow and strangely, these narratives are systematically and skillfully nurtured. Not just random ignorance. I'm talking teams of avatars. If I am correct, my writing these words will get attention --and not the good kind. Star it if you think this information might be dangerous.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The sad part is...

This shouldn't surprise anyone in the least.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Not at all surprising that any wing of LE will twist and bump up the quality of evidence..if they think they are right god help you.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just goes to show that everything needs to be questioned, and the FBI knew about the flawed system from their own forensic investigators since 2002, who reported 11% findings on hair samples were rubbish, and that was probably an ad hoc survey. Who knows what they might have missed back then.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I would not doubt that they fabricate evidence. Look up the case of Leonard Peltier. It's a real eye opener on just how corrupt they are.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Gee I wish I could give you a hand full of stars for that one example alone .In Canada the revealed documents call it the Indian problem but it's all part of the same Euro/American establishment .Which I believe leads back to Rome and the workings of the Jesuits and their workings through out the world ....by hook or by crook ....

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This first angered me years ago when it was first exposed. The worst part is the hypocrisy of the judicial system is exposed, by the fact that there are still states that do not allow new post conviction DNA analysis entered into the judicial system. My feeling is that they fear it might discredit the earlier DNA testing.

But 0P it seems like you used this platform to launch these accusations.............

Based on FOIA documents I've read in the late 50's an early 60's, I am increasingly convinced that the FBI has been engaged in a formal program of racial apartheid in the US. I hope it's not the true but more and more information is leading me to this understanding.

When exactly did they launch this program? Was it before or after the FBI launched its campaign against oppression in the south during the 60s? When they attacked the KKK and also brought charges against local law-enforcement for civil rights violations.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Just watched this latest and thought it fitted here .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can sympathize here. Sometimes you just want to get cases taken care of already. Even if it means sending people to their deaths without "proper" evidence. It takes a long time to back a case with THAT level of evidence and just like anybody at any job, these guys get tired. No biggy.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This:

“It is critical that the Bureau identify and address the systemic factors that allowed this far-reaching problem to occur and continue for more than a decade,” the lawmakers wrote FBI Director James B. Comey on March 27, as findings were being finalized.

Is a farce.

The FBI's systemic failure is the simple fact that they feel the need to justify their jobs and maintain the perception of infallibility. It goes back to Hoover, and the completely unethical manner in which he conducted the affairs of his position. The well was poisoned from day one.

Now, we have FBI finding young and mentally unstable people, and talking them into participating in a "plot" that the FBI devises, plans, and executes every step of. Except the part where the kid takes orders to do something that amounts to entrapment. This is the FBI we are talking about: they will manufacture crime to pad their stats and create mystique. It has nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with perception and psyops.

I have dealt with the FBI a few times when they are digging into a former employee for security clearance. I am always underwhelmed by the interaction. Typically it is a huge ego in a suit that talks about meaningless stuff that I barely understand the context to, trying to pretend they are going through the formality of "small talk". it is uncomfortable, and usually ends with me asking, "Just what, exactly, are you here for". I don't have all day to sit and make small talk with a suit who obviously has no interest in engaging in conversation that I find interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass...
Based on FOIA documents I've read in the late 50's and early 60's, I am increasingly convinced that the FBI has been engaged in a formal program of racial apartheid in the US. I hope it's not the true but more and more information is leading me to this understanding....

How did you manage that when the FOIA wasn't in effect until 1967?

Or did you mean recent FOIA documents regarding late 50's and early 60's?

edit on 19-4-2015 by paradoxious because: can't spell FOIA.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Here is some more iceberg.........

dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI
dodgy FBI

edit on 20-4-2015 by Sublimecraft because: link

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seeing as Hoover hated just about everybody from Jews to Communists to blacks, are you remotely surprised? Do an ounce of research in to him as the FBI director and things like this are utterly common.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hoover?
I believe we're speaking a bit more currently than this just being about Hoover.
Perhaps this is one of those "counter allegations" your signature alludes to, no? lol

Seems to me the article was talking about more than just Hoover.

The Justice Department and FBI have formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an elite FBI forensic unit gave flawed testimony in almost all trials in which they offered evidence against criminal defendants over more than a two-decade period before 2000. Of 28 examiners with the FBI Laboratory’s microscopic hair comparison unit, 26 overstated forensic matches in ways that favored prosecutors in more than 95 percent of the 268 trials reviewed so far, according to the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and the Innocence Project, which are assisting the government with the country’s largest post-conviction review of questioned forensic evidence.

So 26 examiners...
"The two decades before 2000"....seems to me Hoover had been long gone for a while and this isn't about Hoover.
.....systemic, the corruption is.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

well Hoover did start it all off, and the general direction of the FBI was created by him. The culture....that is Hoover's culture.

Is it him that did it, though? Or is it a result of him, and everyone else in a suit coming from the same machine and mindset?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The latter...imo.

I knew what Shamrock was getting at.
Just thought it was a little too "Hoover based" and it seemed to downplay the role others have played in distorting evidence, blatant corruption, etc etc etc....

At the end of the day, each person involved makes their own choices...though I do understand the compartmentalized nature of things as well, so....

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

You're distorting words. Your own quoted text doesn't say "the two decades before 2000" it says "in a more than two decade period before 2000." Don't misquote text to bolster an argument.

Even accepting your misquoted text puts the very beginning of the two decades in to the late 70s and early 80s. When was Hoover no longer the director? 1972. Meaning that well into the 90s and 00s there would've been agents that came in under his directorship and would've been very much a part of the culture he instilled.

Was Hoover long gone by 2000? Yep. Were the agents who were hired under him? Nope, not by a long shot. Even in 2000.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Based on FOIA documents I've read in the late 50's and early 60's, I am increasingly convinced that the FBI has been engaged in a formal program of racial apartheid in the US. I hope it's not the true but more and more information is leading me to this understanding.

THAT is a known fact! Hoover was a racist and did not try to hide it. MLK and Malcolm X where both watched closely because Hoover thought them a threat to the status quo.

And then they have that racist picture hanging at the Bureau. There are talks that Hoover is/was half black, one of the reasons for his hatred. I recommend everyone take a unfiltered look at Hoover. The FBI was born grimey, no suprise they haven't changed.
edit on 20-4-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
wow, government agencies telling porkies. who'd a thunk it?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Every conviction with falsified evidence should be nullified.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join