It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe We Have It ALL Wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Take a look at these samples of skin from a lizard and a snake and a human....the similarities are hard to ignore....so Maybe we did not evolve from monkeys and that is why the "missing link" that everyone tries to find doesn't exist...they have been looking in the wrong place!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You should have put up a pic of a monkey's skin as well to compare .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Only if you ignore all of the genetical evidences and such.

Flakes of skin are shed from most biological entities, and they follow a simple path.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Looking at the state of the world, I am still aligned to think upside down hanging super aggressive apes must've been our genetical ancestors. Snakes and lizards are much too benevolent creatures.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I tried to find one but there wasn't one that was similar to these.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think hominids evolved from some sort of biped raptor dinosaur. Apes could have split off long ago from this group or maybe they are just blending with us somehow.

Humans have a body sugar different than most other mammals other than our friend the mouse. So why is this. Fish do not have this sugar nor do birds or reptiles. Just every other mammal including the monkeys and apes. There might be one monkey that does not have this sugar either but I do not know what it is.

So the basis of our construction is like very few other mammals. That sounds strange to me.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

any idea what the genetic makeup of a snake or lizard is? these are not flakes of skin....can you tell me which one is human?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are comparing macro to micro. If the level of detail was constant, it would appear that we have evolved from elephants, lol.

I think we're both grasping at straws here.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You could be right...I just thought looking at these skin samples and how similar they are, the notion we evolved from apes doesn't seem logical...as far as looking for a missing link.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Interesting thought. My take on it is those are, in biology terms, analogous structures . There are many such examples, such as butterfly wings & bat wings, a dolphin's flipper vs that of a penguin, etc. It's the phenomenon where different, unrelated species, find the same "solution" for an given evolutionary "problem."

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I wasn't comparing micro to macro...I was just looking for similarities...but I was sure someone would bring the "elephant into the room"...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Snakes hang from trees too...and they are much more conniving and sneaky than monkeys or apes. plus, don't forget our tongue...and our vertebrae seem to emulate that of a snake...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherStacks

You are way to smart for me...could you simplify your point for us dummies please...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I wasn't comparing micro to macro...I was just looking for similarities...but I was sure someone would bring the "elephant into the room"...

The first two pictures are examples of macro photography.

The third example of human skin was taken with an electron microscope.

Watching humans walk around from a high altitude would look similar to watching ants crawl around in your backyard. The way you are presenting the pictures makes them look comparable, but in reality they are nothing alike.

Maybe we all evolved from pine cones because they look similar.

edit on 19-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fatherstacks is right. Many animals not closely related, share similar looking features such as limbs, hair, eyes, skin. Thats not the best way to dileneate relation.

Like all vertibrates have a backbone. Of course when you compare any vertebrate with another you will find similarities. So we classify them as vertibrates. The relation between humans and reptiles is much closer that the relation between humans and nonvertibrates like snails or octopi.

Even though our skin and reptile skin appear different, they are comparable in some ways. And at some time in the distant past, the line between mammals and reptiles was not so apparent.

So in a way, it is good that you can see the similarities in skin across a wide variety of animals. That fact is because we are distantly related to all life on this planet.

I'm fairly certain that the human genome can be set to produce scales without introducing any outside DNA.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The OP author is correct . Remember ,if you follow Evolution , everything has a common ancestor . The earliest creatures on Earth were reptiles predating hominids for millions of years .It is possible we inherited and still retain genetic code from each of the previous branches
edit on 11America/ChicagoSun, 19 Apr 2015 11:19:18 -0500America/Chicago430111918 by here4this because: Clarification

After all , an embryo in the earliest stages does have a tail of some sort.
edit on 11America/ChicagoSun, 19 Apr 2015 11:20:23 -0500America/Chicago430112023 by here4this because: same

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
anyone remember that poem about the blind men and the elephant? this discussion brings it to mind.

www.constitution.org...
edit on 19-4-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: FatherStacks

You are way to smart for me...could you simplify your point for us dummies please...

Why don't you clarify your point? I'm pretty slow at times. Are you saying humans did not descend from a common primate ancestor and we have a different evolutionary path? Or are you trying to make some profound statement that humans have a far more ancient ancestor and the whole "missing link" bit was just a distractor? If it's the latter, than I all one can say is "no #," that's fairly self-evident. If it's the former then please expound upon that a little more.

edit on 19-4-2015 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This post right up here ^ tells you all you need to know, yet y'all are still running on about it. It's a FALSE COMPARISON that LEADS you to believe snake skin and human skin LOOK the same, therefore they must be related. So first we have a false comparison, then we have a "leaping lizard" conclusion that does not follow from the evidence presented anyway.

This is an example of the poorest "science" imaginable, and it's why ATS tends to suck at providing anything of value.

Really, people. This is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
The OP author is correct . Remember ,if you follow Evolution , everything has a common ancestor . The earliest creatures on Earth were reptiles predating hominids for millions of years .It is possible we inherited and still retain genetic code from each of the previous branches

After all , an embryo in the earliest stages does have a tail of some sort.

That package of DNA instructions are alive and well in "ALL" of us. It is what makes us so "Predictable".

And, I might add, Controllable.

Not being allowed to "Know" our origins, in essence, keeps us ignorant of how that DNA package can be manipulated, managed, covertly, and at long distances controlled, similar to how a Air Liner can be controlled remotely. For our bodies are actually mechanical, flesh and blood vehicles that allow us to inhabit the firmament, and almost exactly how the little grey put it "Meat Bag".

At one time in my life I thought Psychiatrists were on the level of Gods who could find the answers hidden deep in our psychic. No, I was wrong. They are the police, Judge and jury of our reality. If your thinking goes against the control program, you have a disorder and could be classified as a threat to mankind. But if you are a free thinker, outside of the control program, you are the threat, to the controllers (hidden owners).

That DNA, works both ways.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join