It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's - Why do we assume Aliens when Human Origin is more plausible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

jacques vallée and chris aubeck wrote a book called 'wonders in the sky' about ufo sightings from antiquity to 1879

link

i'm sure that many reports from modern times can be attributed to human activity of one sort or another though
edit on 19-4-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I really do despair sometimes at answering these posts.
Listen very closely again. ALL that means ALL modern aircraft (including the new F whatever number it is) depend on thrust technology. Drones, stealth, fighter or bombers all use thrust to keep them in the air. That meansalways going forward, the odd vtol just directs this thrust downwards. That is it! Whatever fuel or drive is used it is used to provide thrust.
Then there is the Avro car. What an awful lot of hoohah over a gloryfied hovercraft. It is NOT a flying saucer, never was, never would be, it just happened to be round. But just like the Horten it was an aerofoil shape for flight.
Now as for Nazi Ufo technology. There is NO EVIDENCE for ufo technology and that includes the "bell". These are all stories that have been perpetrated in recent times and that includes pictures and drawings.
The most infernal lie that is spread is that the PTB say they are more than 30 years in advance of todays technology. A load of BS with no evidence to prove it except peoples imaginations seeing something and having no idea what it could be and the authorities tacitly "it might or might not be one of our secret projects" giving the viewer a nice answer "it's one of ours".

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

These craft have been photographed and reported long before World War 2. They certainly didn't have the technology then. But if they were all our craft how do you explain the beings in them that come from contact episodes and abductions? Some of them are clearly not human.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The point being made, that this is human technology, is in fact the absolutely worst possible explanation for this technology.

Just look at the state of the planet what with pollution and poverty etc.

So if in fact it is earthly technology...I leave that to each and everyone's conscience.

I am sure, as a politician, scientist or industrialist that I would have a very hard time explaining sitting on this.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I understand the point you're trying to make but there was one case in the 50's where ufo's were filmed flying past the whitehouse, and it doesn't really make much sense to fly 'top secret' military aircraft over the whitehouse for all the world to see.

Another misconception is that ufo's have only ever been reported since the end of the second world war. This isn't correct at all, there are reports dating back to the ancient greek times and probably even before that.

Fighter pilots that fought in the second world war used to call these objects foo fighters. If it were german technology then why didn't they use it while they had the chance???

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Decades of sightings and reports and photos and witnesses and dead cows and crop circles and ....what am I missing??? Oh yeah I know, one piece of testable evidence on a table before me.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just because something looks like "technology," doesn't mean that's what it is. Additionally, people had a much lower literacy level in the past, and they sometimes expressed themselves differently than we do now, and they had a different concept -- or no concept -- of objective reporting.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Even if our Science currently has Reverse polarity devices, they would never have the the ability that most of these sightings explain or things i have personally witnessed.

I once watched a shooting star pass by me in a flash heading south, and in less than several seconds it passed in from of me again heading north, then arched its pattern and zipped into infinity leaving a momentary trail. it had to be traveling no less than a 600ft a second, completely resembling a meteor moving inside earths atmosphere.

Just the Gs alone when it turned before it disappeared would have liquified a human...We do not possess this technology, and if we do, we cant fly it, at least not in earths atmosphere at that speed.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has the technology to fly through the sky at 1,000 mph while making hard right angle turns and stops without slowing down.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Clearly UFOs are both Earth-based craft and non-Earth-based craft. There may or may not be another, older Earth-based species with high technology but there certainly are amazing craft of our own making, perhaps with some help or purely of our own.

I have witnessed 3 triangular craft rise from the western part of Ft. Riley and silently fly over my campsite and glide into the distance before shooting off at incredible speed. All 3 had a for lack of a better term, Predator cloaking on the underbelly but after passing I could see a faint glow at the rear of the craft that dramatically increased in brightness when the 3 craft accelerated. There are constant sightings of these craft in Manhattan, Junction City, Milford & Milford Lake and Wakefield, all towns located near Ft. Riley. I believe these craft to be of Earth-human origin but it is entirely possible if not probable that the technology was either reverse engineered, given to us in trade or some combination of the two.

That being said, it is completely logical that beings not of this world would come here and for myriad reasons. As far as we know, Earth is the only planet in our region of space with liquid water and life, so it makes sense that any beings traveling through this region would make a pit stop here in order to pick up resources. Water, food, a hospitablel planet to make repairs and a semi-intelligent species with which to interact for whatever reasons. If there is an older Earth based species with high technology with a civilization under the surface or in the water, ET species may trade with them on a semi-regular basis.

Based upon the millions of accounts of abductions, it's pretty clear that at least one ET species is interested in humanity, probably for reasons that we will never know. Maybe we are a food source for them, or maybe they can develop medicines for themselves based on our immune systems or maybe it is a genetic breeding program. One possibility that I never hear about is that we are being genetically manipulated over time to develop a warrior species to fight wars for them. Why fight wars for yourself when you can create and nuture an intelligent species that loves war, then when you get the bugs worked out you uplift the species and point them in the direction of the evil beings that threaten all life in the galaxy? If you really think about it, our entire history has been nothing but warfare, we were born into and for nonstop war.

tl;dr - UFOs are both humans and ETs.
edit on 4/20/2015 by LowTechRedneck because: sausage fingers

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

There's plenty of evidence. Every US government agency holds files on ufo's but wont release them to the public because apparantly it's "a matter of national security".

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, OP, I got one thing that will shut down your ENTIRE theory.

The 1897 Aurora, TX UFO crash/sighting.

1896-1897 there was a rash of sightings all over the US, and this one was well publicized.

Also it was long before WWII.

There are many more from before WWII as well.

Nice theory, but it doesn't hold water.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Why secret government project, it's more likely something current or natural misidentified.

Many on here claim to watch the sky on a regular basis but when you see the claims made and simple errors that is another issue.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

though I agree with you...skeptics will usually turn to "eyewitness testimony is unreliable"...therefore...the Aurora case is nothing more than a zeppelin. Case closed for them.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: poncho1982

though I agree with you...skeptics will usually turn to "eyewitness testimony is unreliable"...therefore...the Aurora case is nothing more than a zeppelin. Case closed for them.

But all the OP is talking about is eyewitness testimonies.

I'm just showing that eyewitness reports of UFOs exist before WWII, and the capture of these mythical German miracle machines.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Where is the human missing link?

Why do humans, and only humans, have genetic coding for speech while its not present in our supposed evolutionary process?

Why do Adam and Eve have belly buttons in pictures?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Further, in 1979, Time magazine interviewed Etta Pegues who claimed that Haydon had fabricated the entire story, stating that Haydon "wrote it as a joke and to bring interest to Aurora. The railroad bypassed us, and the town was dying."[3] Pegues further claimed that Judge Proctor never operated a windmill on his property, a statement later refuted as part of the UFO Hunters episode, which found the base of a windmill constructed around the well.

Aurora, UFO Incident

Can you provide more information? From what I have been able to find, it seems like nothing more than a publicity stunt to bring tourist to the town, preformed by a known jokester.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: poncho1982

Further, in 1979, Time magazine interviewed Etta Pegues who claimed that Haydon had fabricated the entire story, stating that Haydon "wrote it as a joke and to bring interest to Aurora. The railroad bypassed us, and the town was dying."[3] Pegues further claimed that Judge Proctor never operated a windmill on his property, a statement later refuted as part of the UFO Hunters episode, which found the base of a windmill constructed around the well.

Aurora, UFO Incident

Can you provide more information? From what I have been able to find, it seems like nothing more than a publicity stunt to bring tourist to the town, preformed by a known jokester.

I really don't see the need to defend an ancient eyewitness, but OK.

If you had read a little further in that WikiPedia article, you would see this :

"Further, the remains of a windmill base were found near the well site, which refuted Ms. Pegues' statements (from the 1979 Time magazine article) that Judge Proctor never had a windmill on his property."

So...yeah.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bentwaters UFO (Rendlesham Forest incident Dec. 1980), Sgt. Jim Penniston stated that when he touched the UFO a binary numbers code enter his head, that code said more about the vehicle was a time machine not aliens, earth-folks from our future! a reply to: RoScoLaz4

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Your OP is interesting, however i doubt we are the only intelligent space capable life in the universe, so aliens most likely have the ability to traverse the universe, not to difficult when you think about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join