It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 700 migrants feared drowned after boat capsizes in the Mediterranean

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As to the thread in general, this is a sad situation but worryingly for myself i am almost at saturation point with it. I hate to admit it, i am almost at the stage of shrugging shoulders to this type of tragedy (which i admit is appalling considering nearly 700 people are possibly dead).

Libya is a tragedy but no one really saw it coming. Having worked in Libya, i can tell you that none of the people i met would have imagined it turning out as it did. In point of fact, the only people that saw it coming are the armchair doom merchants / know it alls that like to crow "i told you so" after the event.

I can certainly say from my experiences in Libya that getting rid of Ghaddaffi was a popular move for the vast majority of the population. However, if you could have showed them the alternative (as has transpired), it is possible they would have chosen to remain in a police state rather than this current descent into anarchy.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: 3danimator2014

No. You are wrong!

I don't belong to any Religion.

I have 'Free' Will and prefer to have my own 'Spiritualism' and beliefs. I prefer to have a mind of my own.

yes... as I said before and i'll repeat for the 3rd time 'there are places coser to Libya where there is a ot less risk and no wars going on so why don't they go there'??

Yes, its sad children had to die but its nobodies fault except their parents for putting them on these boats!

life will not be much better in Morocco.

Brown people, who needs them eh?

Have you lived in 'Morocco' yourself? How do you know what ife is like there? I never hear of any problems coming from there in the News!

Look.. I just saw another boat go down off the coast of Greece. Is this going to be a daily occurence now? Al those children face death when they get on these boats. I admit that it is sad for the children to die this way but the Parents should be more Intelligent!

Maybe planes should go in and take them to a safer area but as I said we have enough here in England already.
edit on CDTMon, 20 Apr 2015 09:47:08 -05000000003009x108x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

No. You are wrong!

I don't belong to any Religion.

I have 'Free' Will and prefer to have my own 'Spiritualism' and beliefs. I prefer to have a mind of my own.

yes... as I said before and i'll repeat for the 3rd time 'there are places coser to Libya where there is a ot less risk and no wars going on so why don't they go there'??

Yes, its sad children had to die but its nobodies fault except their parents for putting them on these boats!

life will not be much better in Morocco.

Brown people, who needs them eh?

Have you lived in 'Morocco' yourself? How do you know what ife is like there? I never hear of any problems coming from there in the News!

Look.. I just saw another boat go down off the coast of Greece. Is this going to be a daily occurence now? Al those children face death when they get on these boats. I admit that it is sad for the children to die this way but the Parents should be more Intelligent!

Maybe planes should go in and take them to a safer area but as I said we have enough here in England already.

I dont need to have lived in Morocco to know that life for migrants will be better in western europe than there. I read the news and am educated. Thats how i know.

I just cant believe the bloody cheeck of these people wanting a better life then facing starvation, death and rape....yuck. Just keep them away from us right fellow Brit? Go Farage!! (sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As a matter of fact I don't like 'Farage'. I don't like the way his big head looks!

And UKIP are all about keeping the East Europeans out anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I agree open door immigration isn't the answer for us nor Europe as it would only further increase tensions within the native populations ... understandably I think , immigration has got out of hand over the last decade or so thanks largely to freedom of movement throughout the EU , at the moment it feels like the United Kingdom of Eastern Europe here.

That doesn't mean that we should ignore the plight of these people or harden our hearts to their suffering it is down to the leaders of our countries to find a solution , we need to put as much effort into rebuilding countries like Libya as we do changing their regimes , we need to finally get a grip of the festering sore that parts of Africa have become and as an international community sort the problem out , South Africa has a big role to play here and it's time they stepped up to the plate.

Don't blame the victims blame the useless politicians who have brought us to this point.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You should like him..you and him share the same ideology. Contempt for less fortunate men/women

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
700 Refugees Flee War Torn Libya Thanks To Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton's legacy is spelled out here by Alex Jones

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They aren't from 'Europe', 'Libya' isn't in Europe!!

And anyway you know what i said was in haste as I was mainly talking about those 'African Muslims' who were brining their ideologies with them and killing people on their way to Italy... killing 'Christians' actually. We don't want that here in England and i'm sure they don't want it in Italy.
edit on CDTMon, 20 Apr 2015 13:27:09 -0500u3001x109x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Nope, more like - Gosh, 700 on this boat, 4 or 500 on that boat ... add up all those boats and pretty soon you have an army, even subtracting the women and children. Why aren't they fighting for their better bloody life and changing their own damn country?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because they are not as cute and tough as you are?

"Calves are easily bound and slaughtered, never knowing the reason why. Why don't you have wings to fly with, like the swallow that learned to fly."

They should have learned to fly. Can't. Own fault.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

By the way.. I just looked it up and my country sends way more aid per capita than the US does.

We send about 5,7 times as much. How you like them apples?

Ahhh... in fact, it seems wider Europe itself sends way more aid too, about twice as much as the US.

Did you just take it for granted that the US sends the most aid?

86,66 billion vs 31,55 billion.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Could not give a rats turd...

Do not want them here

Do not need them here

Do not want even more people who actually believed it was OK to drown a bunch a Christians because they would not pray to their damned allah

They no doubt would find their merry way to a very over populated UK...

No thanks

If you are going to be stupid enough to get on a rickety boat, packed like sardines on high seas then definitely do not need that kind of lack of intelligence... We have enough toilet cleaners and baby making machines already.. So no thank you..

And if you are that cowardly that you would rather run away than make things right in your own country then you dont deserve to come to a country where we have defended it with our blood..

I call it natural selection at work

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvanB
Could not give a rats turd...

Do not want them here

Do not need them here

Do not want even more people who actually believed it was OK to drown a bunch a Christians because they would not pray to their damned allah

They no doubt would find their merry way to a very over populated UK...

No thanks

If you are going to be stupid enough to get on a rickety boat, packed like sardines on high seas then definitely do not need that kind of lack of intelligence... We have enough toilet cleaners and baby making machines already.. So no thank you..

And if you are that cowardly that you would rather run away than make things right in your own country then you dont deserve to come to a country where we have defended it with our blood..

I call it natural selection at work

I would rather take these people and live with them in the UK than people like you. And you
think that they can just make things better int heir country and are cowards for runnign away. HAHA...the ignorance runs deep with this one.

And obviously , all 1.5 billion muslims are terrorists in your eyes...so ignorant it hurts. if anyone lacks intelligence, its people like you mate. Stupid defined.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nope, more like - Gosh, 700 on this boat, 4 or 500 on that boat ... add up all those boats and pretty soon you have an army, even subtracting the women and children. Why aren't they fighting for their better bloody life and changing their own damn country?

of course, its so simple!! Why dont they get the pampered westerners who know nothing of hardship aqnd war to tell them what to do...so easy!

Just get over it guys! Geez! We protested one sunday for 4 hours when it weas raining...we know about hardship!

i cant believe that grown ups think like you do.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

I have to say that's probably the most callous and selfish post I've ever read on this site, if not the internet.

For starters we bombed their country and turned it into a basket case. But it's okay for people like you (who probably supported such actions in the first place) who can just sit back and applaud and not have to face the consequences on a daily basis.

And you have the gall to call them cowardly? Well I hope you feel proud of yourself. I doubt you can even imagine the hardships these people face everyday to want to risk their lives like that.

I feel sorry for you. So wrapped up in your own world with no empathy.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I feel bad that those folks may have drowned, especially the children who really don't have any say in the matter.

With that being said, The West cannot shoulder the World's poor anymore because if this suicidal open gate policy continues it will collapse the Western Nations like it already has began doing. ~$heopleNation
edit on 21-4-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

You have your N. Africans and we have our Latinos.

But as for foreign aid, we seem to spend most of ours in Sub-Saharan Africa.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
a reply to: EvanB

I have to say that's probably the most callous and selfish post I've ever read on this site, if not the internet.

For starters we bombed their country and turned it into a basket case. But it's okay for people like you (who probably supported such actions in the first place) who can just sit back and applaud and not have to face the consequences on a daily basis.

And you have the gall to call them cowardly? Well I hope you feel proud of yourself. I doubt you can even imagine the hardships these people face everyday to want to risk their lives like that.

I feel sorry for you. So wrapped up in your own world with no empathy.

And the ridiculous/sick thing is he got lots of stars for his hate rant

(post by THENATIONALIST removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by THENATIONALIST removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join