It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Relativity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Imagine my surprise when I found on the internet, some notable scientists have been warned against denying GR. So it Seems there is definitely some reason to keep the GR dogma alive by the ptb, whether of this earth entirely or otherwise.
www.anti-relativity.com...
Visit the link, an interesting read indeed.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

And with "some notable scientists have been warned against denying GR" you mean Louis Essen? Or is there anyone else who claimed this too?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

There are many scientists who hold the idea that Relativity is but a theory, and that for instance lenght contraction could be explained using electrton orbital deformation due to acceleration.

Scientists Challenging Mainstream Theories

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
All of the notable scientists mentioned in the op's link have been dead for decades. GR is a theory. It has been expanded on and updated many times to account for new observations. It is not perfect, but it is the best model we have. It explains most everything we know about matter and how it reacts with the forces that we can measure.

There are thousands of trained scientists working with these formulas every day. When something in GR is found to be less than descriptive of an observation, the math will be poured over and corrected as it should be.

There is nothing wrong with challenging accepted tennets of any theory, as long as you bring your work and show why you are questioning the tennet.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
True but being warned against denying GR is an entirely different aspect.
imo the scientists of today are just afraid of losing their careers or jobs, if they deny GR.
We all know that walter gerlach also in all likelihood was warned of dire consequences, that he gave up on the Nazi bell or his research, after he was debriefed by the british and the americans
a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Based on my limited knowledge didn't Albert Einstein believe his own theory was flawed and dedicated a large portion of his life developing a better/more applicable theory.when that was proved wrong and the GR formula proved correct ( at the time) did he then class it as his biggest regret. ( pretty sure it's for that theory). It just shows that is all just "relative truths" as particle physics proved many of his notions incorrect

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
With regards to being warned not to deny GR...I think it is simply the scientist in question was not being funded and paid hansomly to dedicate time and resources towards research not applicable to the project he was given. He was more than likely warned not evoke propoganda on colleagues and disrupt the dogma in the work environment

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Nonsense. You'll win a Nobel prize for coming up with a better theory than relativity. Fact is, relativity has a LOT of experimental data supporting it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It explains most everything we know about matter
a reply to: Woodcarver
Yes, and unfortunately for us, that is about zero.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
With regards to being warned not to deny GR...I think it is simply the scientist in question was not being funded and paid hansomly to dedicate time and resources towards research not applicable to the project he was given. He was more than likely warned not evoke propoganda on colleagues and disrupt the dogma in the work environment
That's a lot of assumptions right there mate. That is not what it says on the link in the op.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
mathematics that leads to energy production and novel interactions with the fabric of reality could be deemed a "national security risk".

by "could be" i mean "is".

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There was an experiment that I heard of somewhere regarding photons being measured as arriving at a certain point. There was a certain randomness of the photons striking the plate at different times although they were released together. I cant remember a lot about it , will look for that experiment again.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Nonsense. You'll win a Nobel prize for coming up with a better theory than relativity. Fact is, relativity has a LOT of experimental data supporting it.
Yes I do have a theory that is opposite to GR. In fact e = mc2 proves GR wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The amount of info we have or don't have about all of existance is unquantifiable.
However, it is not anywhere near zero.

There are plenty of formulas that are set and will never change. You only need to account for whatever variables you encounter. I think most peoples problem with science is that they don't realize how much actual work goes into any theory, or that think a theory is no better than an educated guess.

There is lots of competition in the academic world. Making a discovery can lead to fame and fortune. Making claims that are not backed up with solid data and repeatable can ruin your name or at least humiliate the person/team.

Lots of people who do good science make mistakes. But the wonder of well performed science is that all the data is recorded and can be scanned over by others who can reproduce the work and release their data as well. If they find an anomaly or that something was overlooked or even fudged, it will be apparent.

Plenty of scientists are bought and paid for, but again the data is there to look at if any one cared to see it.

If any one has a problem with science, it's generally because they don't understand it.

a reply to: donktheclown

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Which is why we have special reletivity to help acount for the many variables that GR isn't able to account for.

GR is not the end all be all formula. It is very basic and is meant to be expanded on to account for variables.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Then propose a coherent hypothesis that explains all of the observations that GR accounts for along with meaningful predictions that can be tested that GR cannot account for, wait for the data to roll in and collect your Nobel.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If GR isn't true:

- GPS would be out by miles every day. Because time dilation has to be taken into account when programming the software.

- we would ever have been able to send the Rosetta, cassini and Voyager (and countless ) probes to their locations

These are just 2 of the countless, proven , testable reasons why GR is correct and works.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

The Doube Slit Experiment. One of the groundbreaking experiments in favor of Einstein's "spooky actions at a distance".

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
True but being warned against denying GR is an entirely different aspect.
If someone denies relativity is consistent with observation, it's a reasonable warning for them.

If someone says relativity agrees with observation in most cases, but it's not quite right in others, and here's how......they would be doing the same thing with relativity that Einstein did with Newtonian physics.

When you overthrow the old model, you have to explain how it can be wrong yet appear to be right in so many observations. This is exactly what Einstein did with Newton's physics.

A lot of scientists feel relativity can't be complete because of the prediction of infinite density in a black hole, etc, so not only would they accept a better theory, they are actually looking for one. But it's really hard to come up with a new theory that matches all previous observations and experiments better than the current theory.

Some people like you deny that relativity matches observation, and frankly that's not going to get you very far based on the evidence you've cited.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

Not the one I had in mind , but a very interesting experiment. Showed light behaving as both a particle and a wave until observed and it went back to a particle (if I remember correctly) Sort of proof of concept for Schrodinger's cat .
The one I was thinking of laid the groundwork for the concept that the speed of light is not a constant .

edit on 11America/ChicagoSun, 19 Apr 2015 11:50:15 -0500America/Chicago430115015 by here4this because: Clarify

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join