It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I went to sports car forum, and kept debunking it. Normal people don't do this

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: MensaIT3

sarcastic insinuations are obvious enough.... this entire thread is about calling anyone who disagrees with your point of view a shill..

I thought, as you are new to the site, you might need reminded of those rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Bla blah

You are deflecting, misrepresenting and spinning

I can see why you wrote that even if you are unpopular you will keep at it

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Are we to believe everything we read because someone said so or that it was on the internet so it has to be true??
I for one like to challenge myself and others to verify most everything.
But hey, if you want to take everything at face value…..

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

I wrote in my OP how stuff that is over the top gets treated by these individuals the same as the stuff that's real

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

And what if you were on a car forum where a large section of the community kept posting pictures of bikes, and saying that they were in fact cars with four wheels and were made of matchsticks by elves rather than made of steel in a factory?

Oh, look! Here is the old "strawman argument," sometimes the only possible tactic, of those that want to repress the transmission of common thought and discussion not approved by TPTB or consensus reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Dung ding ding

Give that man a cigar

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

sarcastic insinuations are obvious enough.... this entire thread is about calling anyone who disagrees with your point of view a shill..

I thought, as you are new to the site, you might need reminded of those rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Bla blah

You are deflecting, misrepresenting and spinning

I can see why you wrote that even if you are unpopular you will keep at it

Blah Blah Blah?

lol... no wonder people debunk you to the point where you felt you had to make a thread about it!

You call anyone who disagrees with your point of view shills and claim this site is rife with them, (no proof or anything) it get explained to you that denying ignorance is the motto of this site, a motto which is adhered by with all the old-timers of this website, and shown to you logically why someone who doesn't believe in a thing might go and debunk others when they lack evidence in that topic..then the T&C's are explained to you so you are informed..

and you say Blah Blah Blah???

Evidence... evidence... evidence... fact .... fact....fact...

I happen to have been on ATS a good while now, and my husband has been here longer (we actually met here on ATS) I do know personally some of the members of the site who debunk things, and feel as if I know many more.. and all who do regularly debunk hoaxers (and ignorance in general) on this site, are normal people just like you, all from varying occupations ect.. for whom truth is their first love..

You, being new.. have no facts, no evidence, only your words and your opinions ... and all you can say is blah blah blah..

deflection and misdirection - those of us here with even minimal intelligence knows who is guilty of that..
edit on 19-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

People like you (and I didn't call you a shill) try to shut down threads like these with extreme posting

I am not gonna play that game

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well I you subscribe to fb you seem like a likable guy/girl. One tends to "like" a lot there.

As for here.. Some people just post anything to debunk as some others just post anything they believe.

I used to think "Really?" when I read that. Nowadays I just skip it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

No, people like me try to have a rational discussion with people like you...

Sometimes though.. I do wonder why I bother... perhaps because I have hope I am speaking to someone with at least minimal intelligence for whom rational thought and discussion will actually mean something..

I'll see about going to find someone else for whom such things might be more appropriate then...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: skalla

And what if you were on a car forum where a large section of the community kept posting pictures of bikes, and saying that they were in fact cars with four wheels and were made of matchsticks by elves rather than made of steel in a factory?

Oh, look! Here is the old "strawman argument," sometimes the only possible tactic, of those that want to repress the transmission of common thought and discussion not approved by TPTB or consensus reality.

OP posted a hypothetical scenario, which i asked a question about rather than misrepresenting his argument.

So i've not created or added anything to his argument to attack. I have asked him a question, which it seems neither of you understood.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i do spend a lot of time on car forums and if someone someone's in talking garbage they will get
debunked no difference.

we know a very large percentage of what gets posted is to varying degrees utter crap
the problem is people on here disagree about which percentage that is and there
are "intrested partys" pushing in both directions regardless of the subject.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

ATS is a discussion forum, not a blind acceptance one.

The things discussed here generally are matters of opinion and not fact.

Just because you may believe something, it doesn'ty mean its real, or that others share your opinion.

Anyone seeking blind acceptance on issues they write about needs to start a blog and disable the comments section on it. That way its a one way diatribe, however on ATS, things most certainly do not work that way, and never will do.

Edit to add - implying that people that don't automatically agree with you are some how paid not to is insulting, childish and immature. It simply belittles any point you may choose to make because you'll always fall back on the cheap "shill" accusation when a conversation isn't going how you want it to and frankly, the concept is stupid.

No two people see things exactly the same way - even lovers, best friends or twins have different views on some things. Do you imply to your friends that they are somehow paid to see things differently from you?

edit on 19/4/15 by neformore because: spelling and more thoughts.

edit on 19/4/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/4/15 by neformore because: spelling!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Say what you will

People notice things

And that my powerful friend, is beyond your power to stop

If this was China and if ATS was the great firewall then yes it could all be taken care of

But a free open site like ATS will never be able to stop people noticing things

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You notice what you wish to biased to your own personal viewpoint - which in this case appears to be a stubborn refusal that other people don't see the world in the same manner as you do.

Thats your problem to overcome, and trying to blame others for your own shortfall is a world-class case of digital ego.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

No two people see things exactly the same way - even lovers, best friends or twins have different views on some things.

But, but, but... I thought every time he pats me on the head and says "Yes, dear" that he agrees with me!

edit on 19-4-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That's like I always thought she was angry when she spanked my ass when I was naughty right?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The very nature of a site like ATS is discussion and debate(sometimes heated) about issues ranging from the mild to the wild. It's a conspiracy forum! We are a microcosm of civilization. A cross-section of a society that has become a global society in cyber-space. Everything you find out there, for the most part, you're going to find in here, too. The whole beauty of a site like this is the myriad of perspectives we have access to. Inevitably, someone is going to think of an angle to a topic you haven't considered. You don't have to agree with it. Just consider it. Forms of the dialectic are played out every day here on ATS.

Are there those who have an interest in seeing certain topics viewed a certain way, or not at all. You bet. So what. That's another perspective to learn from. You're not seeing the forest, because the trees keep getting in your way.

And yes. This is a paid post.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here to let everyone know, that the FBI have just informed me that MensalT3 is a defective A.I that has gone rogue...

Debunk that!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....two pages already.

so pretty much no one will read this, but whatever. The OP has a general point in there has been a leaning towards multiple elbows flying and a more "negative" form of debunking in the past yr or so.

Whatever happened to taking an issue apart in a thoughtful calmly respectful way? If something is flawed despite everyones opinions it'll fall apart on it's own in time no matter it's source or lack thereof. Sadly in a rush to be right, or heard or be first lots of topics are instead crashing & burning in nastiness.

Suppose it's just another internet cycle and the pendulum will swing back?
Hope so.

Reading's been pretty skimpy

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's not what I am talking about

If you went to car forums and kept telling people that all cars are stupid and wrong

That's what's happening on ATS day in day out

It is exactly that. Some present with rude, hostile and aggressive behavior that destroys any chance of communication.

They don't come to discuss, they come to destroy. Spirited debate has been replaced with bullying and verbal attacks. It is not a requirement in life that you have to agree with everything some says or does nor is it required that they have to agree with you.

People that disagree don't have to be disagreeable. It is not mandatory that someone has to change their mind. If a thread is found to be offensive to one's sensabilities or insulting to one's intelligence, a quick click of the mouse readily corrects that problem.

Since this is ATS, it makes one think maybe there is something else behind the persistence and the vitriol that shows up in threads like this one.

Or has society decayed so badly that communication has become obsolete?

<< 1    3 >>

join