It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, The Gods, And Mental Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would like to share today some thoughts of mine on spiritual/mental reality, God, and the Gods. First of all, I posit not that the material reality is an illusion, but that it is only one layer of reality. The most surface level. There are deeper layers, of increasing subtlety, from the gross mind to the subtle mind to the infinite and transcendental. These layers of reality, however, are not altogether separate, and they do interact with and effect one another. God is an adequate enough term for the infinite and transcendental, I think. But I mentioned 'The Gods,' what of them? The Gods possess more definite characteristics, and thus are less transcendental. The Gods are created by God, or are manifestations of the potential creative forces of God.

The Gods are the archetypes. They are the intangible forces at work in reality. I say intangible, but that which is intangible in our physical realm is very real and tangible in its own. Let me say that, our mental realities, are realities. They truly exist, in their own realm. When we dream, we enter these realms. But do not think that they are temporarily created while we sleep. No, they are always existing, always active. It is simply another plane of reality, which we become temporarily aware of while we sleep. Every thought we have, every mental activity, is a reality of a higher plane. The Gods represent all possible creative forces. Any number of separate things, actions, events, can, when properly understood, be seen to share a creative essence. A certain meaning and energy. These meanings and energies are the Gods, as they can be seen underlying all that which occurs in our physical reality.

This polytheism does not contradict the idea of God. The Gods are the first creations of God. The most raw manifestations. The activities of the Gods define all meaning in reality. Meaning and essence are defined by the Gods. It is our task to understand the Gods, to understand the forces at work in reality and our minds. And to learn to align ourselves with the Gods, so that they work with us. We put ourselves in tune with the forces which naturally exist, through which the world subsides and is given meaning. There's the idea that, we want to be interesting to the Gods. If we truly act on the principles of the Gods, work with them, they become interested in us, and they become increasingly manifest in our lives. Try to see this reciprocal process, and to align yourself with it. From God, to the Gods, to the mind, to the body. From the body, to the mind, to the Gods, to God. Understand that all that is of the mind is real, it is of its own reality. Understand that the mental reality is closer to the Gods, and thus closer to God, than the physical reality. Thus only through aligning your mind with the Gods, can they become manifest in your physical reality. And only then can God be apprehended. Listen to your dreams. Listen to your unconscious impulses. Understand them. See reality as something like a narrative. Notice the themes, and understand that these stem from the Gods, who are the creative forces of reality.
edit on 19-4-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't agree with some of what you've posited, but nevertheless, it's an interesting and thought provoking read. S&F.

edit on 4/19/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I am agreeing with the idea.

I know from experience with "the energies" that works (aligning yourself to the highest purpose) following the code of the highest gives you proof without the need of faith. The proof will be overwhelming when you are on the path.

I would call god the Oneness since it seem to be built up by parts (gods) just like a material body is a collective organism of cells working in symbiosis for the whole nurturing each other.

In some way we need to add the synchronicity nature of giving and receiving that happens when you get the attention of something(many somethings) on the other side of the veil helping out.
edit on 19-4-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I don't agree with some of what you've posited, but nevertheless, it's an interesting and thought provoking read. S&F.

I appreciate it, especially since it is not exactly your own point of view

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: TheJourney

I am agreeing with the idea.

I know from experience with "the energies" that works (aligning yourself to the highest purpose) following the code of the highest gives you proof without the need of faith. The proof will be overwhelming when you are on the path.

I would call god the Oneness since it seem to be built up by parts (gods) just like a material body is a collective organism of cells working in symbiosis for the whole nurturing each other.

In some way we need to add the synchronicity nature of giving and receiving that happens when you get the attention of something(many somethings) on the other side of the veil helping out.

Thanks for the contribution. I agree with what you are saying about the self-evident. When these sorts of synchronicities and forces manifest, it is, to you in your experience, undeniable. You just cannot write it all off as coincidence when you are experiencing, it is too much for that.

top topics

join