It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID Card Regime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
As a lot of you may know, there is a new ID card regime in Britain (not Great anymore) and I'm sort of worried, anyway, a friend gave me this website and it raised a lot of questions,

management.silicon.com...

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
To be honest i dont see what all the fuss is about, I think the info they have is nothing that they could not get hold of anyway.

Your NI number pretty much covers most of it,

The only Gripe i have with the ID card is that we have to pay for it lol.
They want to give me one then fair enough.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm not really in favour of ID cards in this country, but it'd be nice to see them do it properly, like they could make it mandatory for anyone buying alcohol, cigarettes, solvents or knives to show their ID, whatever their age. On the ID card, have a chip like the one on your cashcard which holds an encrypted key. When you want to buy something controlled (like the stuff I mentioned) you've got to plug your ID in, like you do when you pay with chip and pin and it'll verify that the card is not a forgery.

If they could do something like that with it, i'd probably be in favour because it would have some tangible value to society. As the proposal stands now, it just looks like another layer of government crap to make our lives more difficult.

And we've got to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A chip means they can track everything you do every item you buy, andthese ID Cards are meant to stop terrorism, I don't see how

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
check out this thread in politics all about the id cards

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

dh

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The ID card will no doubt be RFID powered by the time it's public, and will therefore identify where you are from GPS or cell phone towers
It's a gateway to the subdermal chip which will be introduced because of the amount of fraud, loss, forgetfulness, counterfeit, destruction involved from the start
As the enslavement of society, with the crash of the stockmarket and the sudden unavailabilty of any transactional methods occurs, after all your ID card/chip will be your credit and debit facility linked to the banks and corporations, so your anger will be quelled by the forces of the state

Hmm - happy you'll be with your little chip telling you how to think and feel and what to buy or just to hang yourself from the nearest beam, cos that's the way it's going, folks

top topics

join