It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ouija Board: Who is listening?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have always wondered that when someone uses a ouija board and makes "contact", who are they making contact with?

Is it the dead, the spirits/demons, or something else?

If it is the dead, then you would have to believe in an existance after death. And this existance being able to formulate rational answers to questions.

If it is spirits as in holy spirits or demons then why do they choose only to visit us when we are at a seance? Why not when we are shopping for groceries, or at a football match?

Also why do they possess the power to see into the future?

Can they manifest themselves? Can you become haunted?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.




posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think its a lot of CRAP, Could not give a RATS arse, Going to try it out this week-end if you dont here from me again you know the SPIRITS or DEVIL got me........



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just like most items of divination I don't believe the true nature and workings are/can be known.

While I don't necessarily believe the boards to be evil or anything of that sort...I do think that was has to be careful when messing with things they don't understand.

The mere fact that it's possible that the board could be used as a vessel of possession or could be a causal factor in a haunting should be enough to at least warrant caution if not avoidance.



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am totally against this "toy"...you can read my thoughts on it in the other thread here on this subject....to me, it really doesn't matter what type of entity is "listening" it something that shouldn't be played with.
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I am totally against this "toy"...you can read my thoughts on it in the other thread here on this subject....to me, it really doesn't matter what type of entity is "listening" it something that shouldn't be played with.
www.abovetopsecret.com...


Thanks for your comments LadyV. Can you tell us why you think that they shouldn`t be used. Did you experience something bad or know someone who did?

I have been reading that thread, but not many people are discussing their experiences, so I thought I would create a new thread that would just discuss peoples experiences.

I would be very interested to hear good or bad stories.

Cheers



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am not into that type of thing at all, although alot of people that I have known and smoked with have told me lots of stories and alot of those same people used to do really bad things, such I will not discuss but, anyhow.

I DO BELIEVE that there is good and evil. No middle ground. I think that somethings are good for some people and some things are good for others. But you yourself know what you are suppose to be doing in your heart and I believe that is what we should all go by. Whereas it might be ok for me to listen to a certain type of music but not ok for my Father.

Don't play with something that you don't know about ...

"What comes in will be used, and sent out of us." --- This is the mowst truthful statement I haev ever heard. No matter who you meet look at them look at thier friends and see how they react with each other. anyways ... Deuce !



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheObserver
If it is spirits as in...demons then why do they choose only to visit us when we are at a seance?


Because you're asking them over for dinner and guess who's on the menu.


Originally posted by TheObserver
Why not when we are shopping for groceries, or at a football match?


They're there too. You don't see them? Look closely...no, not with your eyes. Visual only happens cursory.


Originally posted by TheObserver
Also why do they possess the power to see into the future?


Thinking temporally is a human thing, not a demon thing...


Originally posted by TheObserver
Can they manifest themselves?


Yes, though I'd strongly advise against it.


Originally posted by TheObserver
Can you become haunted?


Yes. Those who open the door don't know how to close it.


Originally posted by TheObserver
Please share your thoughts and experiences.


Check yourself and what you pursue. There are consequences to the pursuit of evil and rewards for the pursuit of good. Pray, train, study. God bless.

LadyV's cross-referencing thread above is a good one to check out if you haven't already.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by saint4God]



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheObserver
I have always wondered that when someone uses a ouija board and makes "contact", who are they making contact with?

Is it the dead, the spirits/demons, or something else?

If it is the dead, then you would have to believe in an existance after death. And this existance being able to formulate rational answers to questions.
If it is spirits as in holy spirits or demons then why do they choose only to visit us when we are at a seance? Why not when we are shopping for groceries, or at a football match?
Also why do they possess the power to see into the future?
Can they manifest themselves? Can you become haunted?
Please share your thoughts and experiences.


Well upon my own learnings recently, I have had somewhat of a revelation

people may argue with me, go ahead.........

Theres within you 2 people, the doer and the thinker...
for the most part they never see eachother, they work on a kind of letter system, where the thinker sends information to the doer via dreams, coincidences, and indirect methods, somewhat guiding the individual but leaving them right before the decision to go the way they choose.
But when the doer is concious of the thinker you can control it, if you understand how... Where this all fits in is; when you jump the barriers (setup for your protection) and confront the thinker directly the thinker is unprepared for direct speech and only has the information you give him via your 5 senses, so he relates them in that way and 9 times outta 10 its still indirect and metaphorical because you haven't gone through the degrees properly... I'll give you a crude example of how we as humans try to influence the thinker... (the doer confronting the thinker) it just shows how we give our thinker mixed signals of our understanding... (keep in mind this is a "crude" example)

You don't want to forget something so you repeat it over and over again... Just like a CHANT.... and most people will tell you they're doing this so that "I" remember, well whose "I"... You're talking to someone right? a spirit? lol

or a different scenario (even more crude)
You're driving in your car (you're trying to avoid fastfood) so everytime you drive by a fastfood and have a craving you jolt yourself with electricity or you punch yourself in the face real hard, so everytime you see them your thinker will associate those cravings with the pain you endured...
Thats just some examples of how we give our thinker really outrageous ways to convey messages... We confuse ourselves so deeply, than jump right infront of ourselves using drugs and ouja and other things...



posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Observer, I also posted to that other thread, but did not relate this experience: A group of us at a party ( boy/ girl middle school age) used the board. We contacted a spirit that gave us his name, and we began asking the usual questions for our age group.

One of the boys that was watching began to act oddly. He began to giggle, almost hysterically, and to stagger about. He would not answer our questions, or even speak to us, only responding with more giggles. ( This behavior was totally out of character for him.)

When our chaperons noticed his antics, we related the details, mentioning the name of the spirit we had contacted with the Ouija board. One of the women looked shocked, and said that she had an uncle by that name who had died an alcoholic. She also said he would have giggling fits "just like that!" when he drank.

We tried in vain to get the boy to stop giggling, and to get him to talk to us. I remember being very 'uneasy' about his behavior....but by the next day he was back to his old self.

When we questioned him, he claimed to have no memory of his antics of the night before. I never saw him display behavior like that again....and it was not like him to lie about not being able to remember it. I think it's very possible that he was temporarily possessed



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your responses so far, I think there are some interesting theories out there.

I am slightly drawn towards dnero6911's theory, as it seems to me to be more logical. I know that people will say that I should not apply logic to something as chaotic as ouija, but logic has served me well so I`ll continue to use it.

I have heard it said that we all have a spiritual guide, which coincides with dnero6911's theory of the doer/thinker. This guide has a name and it is not necessarily the same sex as the person. Apparently you can call this guide using ouija and it can guard you against "evil spirits". Now I don't know whether evil people have a good guide or bad guide, but let us not complicate things.

When we sleep at night this guide speaks to us and helps us using dreams. It is the only time of the day that we are quiet enough for it to communicate with us.

So maybe when someone uses ouija, they are contacting these "inner people" from the real people. Some are good, some bad, some funny, some annoying. Pretty much the same as people you meet in everyday life. This would explain many stories you read that seem like possessions. Some people possessed by "bad" some by "naughty" spirits.

Sorry if it seems like I am rambling, I am just trying to make sense of it all. Please continue to share your thoughts and experiences, and I hope that we can get the views of some more people (if they can tear themselves away from talking about war, politics and blowing stuff up!).



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
While I always "keep an open door", I am very much inclined to think that the Ouija board works as a mean of self-hypnosis. Don't get me wrong: many of those of use it are completely honest and really think they are communicating with the dead ones, the spirits or whatever. Maybe it's so. But I think that their subconscious is coming out, giving the answers by taking a limited control over their motory functions. Something akin to sleepwalking, if you like. For example, if you are sure the Ouija is a gateway to hell, the "spirit" will tell you he/she is the devil, usually a top ranking one (Lucifer, Mephistopheles, Satan, etc) and will act exactly as you have been taught the devil would act. If you are sure it is a gateway to realm of the dead, a familiar dead figure (for example your long-gone grandfather) will manifest himself/herself. He/she will tell you exactly all those thing your mind knows about it (even those things you don't remember in "awakened" state). Some people are completely taken over by the experience and think they've become "haunted" by the spirit. This is a serious condition that often needs professional help to heal. Consider that the vast majority of those who use a Ouija board is made up of teens, seeking cheap thrills and easily impressed. I remember that one of my schoolmates told us he made contact with the devil using a Ouija board. He became quite obsessed with the thing, until we felt that we should do something (he had some family problems, so he was probably a "fertile" ground). We convinced him that the Ouija was the "gateway" and that he needed to destroy it. He burnt the thing and, all of a sudden, he was healed of his obsession. Then there are the "urban legends" about this or that kid/gal that used the board and killed himself/herself, or asked the spirit to spell the name of god and had the nearby windows burst in splinters. Of course, nobody has direct knowledge of these persons, it's always "a mate told me" or "it happened in that school".



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi New here but been loving this site for a while now. I have had many experiences of the Ouija Board and I consider myself a believer. My sister and I did one once and the board spelt out the seven deadly sins (this was before Se7en) and I can honestly say I didnt know what the seven deadly sins were at that stage, we also asked the board where the spirit/energy was is spelt out Ottaman, I had a toybox in my room at that stage and my sister and I never ever referred to it as that. Finally it spelt out Manic Street Preachers, and lo and behold that band came on TV next we had the volume turned off. This may all sound inconclusive and I am not saying that the board is a tool for the dead or conclusive proof that the afterlife exists. I often wonder if it some sort of portal for another dimension or even 'alien' contact. All the messages though always seem to be dark messages like demon, satan that kind of thing. Rising Soon was another common message.



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheObserver
Thanks guys for your responses so far, I think there are some interesting theories out there.

I am slightly drawn towards dnero6911's theory, as it seems to me to be more logical. I know that people will say that I should not apply logic to something as chaotic as ouija, but logic has served me well so I`ll continue to use it.

I have heard it said that we all have a spiritual guide, which coincides with dnero6911's theory of the doer/thinker. This guide has a name and it is not necessarily the same sex as the person. Apparently you can call this guide using ouija and it can guard you against "evil spirits". Now I don't know whether evil people have a good guide or bad guide, but let us not complicate things.

When we sleep at night this guide speaks to us and helps us using dreams. It is the only time of the day that we are quiet enough for it to communicate with us.

So maybe when someone uses ouija, they are contacting these "inner people" from the real people. Some are good, some bad, some funny, some annoying. Pretty much the same as people you meet in everyday life. This would explain many stories you read that seem like possessions. Some people possessed by "bad" some by "naughty" spirits.

Sorry if it seems like I am rambling, I am just trying to make sense of it all. Please continue to share your thoughts and experiences, and I hope that we can get the views of some more people (if they can tear themselves away from talking about war, politics and blowing stuff up!).


What I would say is it's them, just themselves everyone has multiple personalities, everyone different when they're mad, or jealous or envious..
different manurisms and stuff like that... Naughty spirits is just that part of you, everyone has the equal ability whether you want to believe it or not to be seriously physcotic, seriously errotic, seriously neurotic, seriously perverted.... anything... really and honestly, and all of these are aimed at one another, which is what THEY use to control us mainly, yet they expend their energies being that way all the time, but when that evil stumbles upon the wrong person they won't be expecting the devastation....
These evil thoughts and naughty spirits or whatever come in waves, because thats how its supposed to be, even Jesus was tempted until the night of his death, which is when he struck down satan....Try to think of it this way, which is supposed to be symbolic I hope you can grasp it.

Why would you want thieves and murderers, jealous and envious people in your temple?
Would you not want Jesus in your temple to heal the sick? and cleanse the evil?.......
Now your body is the temple..... Do you understand?



posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by safeasfcuk
Hi New here but been loving this site for a while now. I have had many experiences of the Ouija Board and I consider myself a believer. My sister and I did one once and the board spelt out the seven deadly sins (this was before Se7en) and I can honestly say I didnt know what the seven deadly sins were at that stage, we also asked the board where the spirit/energy was is spelt out Ottaman, I had a toybox in my room at that stage and my sister and I never ever referred to it as that. Finally it spelt out Manic Street Preachers, and lo and behold that band came on TV next we had the volume turned off. This may all sound inconclusive and I am not saying that the board is a tool for the dead or conclusive proof that the afterlife exists. I often wonder if it some sort of portal for another dimension or even 'alien' contact. All the messages though always seem to be dark messages like demon, satan that kind of thing. Rising Soon was another common message.


I myself have been able to desire to see a music video, even one that hasn't been in rotation for YEARS and switch to the channel and have it just beginning.. I've even been able to do this several times in one day... All a Ouja board does is allow you to reach your Thinker which knows all...



posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The Skeptic and The Ouija

I am a skeptic. I would need a spirit to sit down beside and say "Yes, there are things beyond your mortal knowledge that exists" for me to be a believer. Something recently happened to me about a year ago. Here are the vitals.

My grandmother will have nothing to do with Ouija boards and having one in the house we rent from her is prohibited. Except I have a 17 year old sister, Em. Em's friend bought a brand new commercial Ouija board and brought it over. Em and two friends used it in our kitchen one night trying to contact a family friend that was recently murdered two blocks away. They claimed it was working and got freaked. I would have nothing to do with it. Em got scared when it spelt out the name of our Uncle whom the other two friends did not even know existed. He also lived in this house once, (And is still alive and well) But was a close friend of the person she had in mind to make contact with. They stop using it.

Fast foward to the next weekend. Em and three other friends. The Ouija still in the household. The female friend had a drink. An innocent alcoholic beverage. She threw up. Almost passed out. Started speaking in tongue and swearing and getting violent. The two male friends got scared. We started to hole up in a room meanwhile, this female was speaking in unidentified languages and throwing things, knocking things over, drooling and stripped down to her underwear. I tried giving her water, but she spit it and cursed me. She was possessed. At 4am the toilet overflowed into the basement and flooded the main floors hallway. As we were dealing with this female and the toilet while the young boys were holed up in a room, I looked down to see the Ouija board. I said to Em, 'GET THAT THING OUT OF THE HOUSE.' She threw it into the backyard in the snow. Almost instantly the toilet stopped overflowing. The young girl gathered her clothes, walked out and went home.

My sister refuses to speak about any of this openly and I am a step closer to the beliver side of this subject of Ouija's being gateways to something.

The girl, we later found out had been off pills for depression. But she is certainly no psychotic and I had seen her drink her face off before and be fine. She is not a drug addict and was about 15 at the time.

I thought I'd share this since I'm looking for people with simalar Ouija experiences. Also, I am a medical student and work in a hospital and am scientifically oriented, although open minded about everything. I'm not just a hick whose seen a UFO after a night of drinking.



posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Who are they making contact with? Depends on who's waiting and wanting to contact the user. Usualy the lower ones though, nothing you'd want to or choose to contact. Mostly they will lie to you.

The dead/spirits/demons AND something else - they are all energy. There are those who never lived as you and I are, those who were just people like you and me, good and bad and misschivious and those looking to give trouble. They are all there. But the ones that can give you good information, truth and contact you look for - those are the ones who 99% of the time won't be contacted this way.

You asked why they choose only to visit us when at a seance and not when we are shopping or at a football game...They do visit us at the game and at the store. They are always there. The seance that is real, not a hoax (never been to one, no clue if they are real - but let's assume they can be real)...anyway...the reason you 'think' they come to visit there and not at home or at the store is only because there is someone there (medium) that can show you or give you the words or fellings or pictures they show. It's not them not appearing or visiting, it's you not being aware.

The see into the future and past as if it were the present. They are not always allowed to give you all the info though :-(



posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A ouija Board is clearly and simply a doorway to your soul for Satan.



posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I believe that you are contacting evil spirits, familiar spirits which can mimic deceased family members, and also lying and deceiving spirits. They might tell some truth, and mix lies with it. When I played with it, I had a terrible, creepy feeling, and I was uncomfortable. I don't think anyone should play with the Quija Board.




top topics



 
0

log in

join