It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Mobile phones alter human DNA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Wondering if excessive use of a mobile phone can cause prolonged damage to your health? Well, scientists have carried out studies which prove that the radio waves emitted by a mobile phone are actually damaging body cells and DNA. But for every scientist warning us of impending doom there seems to be another saying quite the opposite.

Mobile phones alter human DNA
The scientists behind the study said more research was needed to determine the actual effect of the phones on health.

But they said, as a precaution, people should not use a mobile if there was a land-line available.

There is an ongoing debate over their safety, with fears over potential dangers linked to mobile phone masts and the handsets themselves.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I guess the truth of the matter is, until people start showing obvious detremental side effects to using mobile phones, they will continue to be popular, most especially to the pop culture generation.

I'm sure in 20 or so years we will be hearing of high profile law suits claiming for health damage, in the same way that smokers and eaters of fast food are making claims today.

Related News Links:
Potential health hazards of mobile telephones (REFLEX)
Q&A: Mobile phone safety
Phone radiation openness demand

[edit on 12-21-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Maybe that's why Americans seem to be getting dumber? Their brains are fried from being connected to cell phones all day long. You see them everywhere....in their cars, in stores, restuarants, etc. I always wonder who in the hell needs to talk on the phone so much? I wouldn't doubt that cell phones are doing something to people. Maybe, if it weren't for the damage cell phones have done to peoples' brains, they wouldn't have voted for Bush.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
COME ON MODS>>>
DEJA VU ANYONE?

new topics

join