It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olivia Wilde Isn't Apologizing For That Photo Of Her Breastfeeding

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

Is this what Americans think ?
Pulling lame MSM films as a question in this thread is not mature debate.
Comment and open opinion is in my mind.
...Maybe I'm nuts.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

...Maybe I'm nuts.

Debate about a non-issue?

The only people that seem to be upset about it is those who 1) are ashamed of their own bodies and thus jealous, or 2) not getting any.

edit on 19-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

...Maybe I'm nuts.

Debate about a non-issue?

The only people that seem to be upset about it is those who 1) are ashamed of their own bodies and thus jealous, or 2) not getting any.

That video is exactly what the debate has been about.

So he didn't like being shown what we are saying?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Don't understand what the big deal is, this is simply another example of female attention seeking behavior. The only difference is that Olivia is a top-tier sloot, so it makes the headlines.

The photo was a subconscious message that she is seeking a dominant male to protect her and her child, while also satisfying her with his raw masculinity. Her current partner is likely an borderline-impotent beta who lacks the traits associated with high levels of testosterone, and his pheromones are likely not pleasing to her.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
The person I kept addressing was saying that "he was pleased with top less laws".

Maybe it was a Freudian Slip on his part.

Nope, just glad the biggest gang in town (the government) allow both males and females to go topless without fear of prosecution.
Perhaps you love your sexist laws and police state...good luck with that.
edit on 19.4.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connell
Don't understand what the big deal is, this is simply another example of female attention seeking behavior. The only difference is that Olivia is a top-tier sloot, so it makes the headlines.

The photo was a subconscious message that she is seeking a dominant male to protect her and her child, while also satisfying her with his raw masculinity. Her current partner is likely an borderline-impotent beta who lacks the traits associated with high levels of testosterone, and his pheromones are likely not pleasing to her.

Jason Sudeikis has a lot of testosterone.

There's nothing impotent about Jason Sudeikis.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Jim Carrey...Canadian. Some guys probably thought that was hilarious.

Well, Canadian or not, do you think maybe it was meant to be over the top? Just a little? Like perhaps it proves your point?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The person I kept addressing was saying that "he was pleased with top less laws".

Nope, just glad the biggest gang in town (the government) allow both males and females to go topless without fear of prosecution.

Uh huh.

And when was the last girl you met in the pub? How much did you spend on the last girl to get to see them?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Jim Carrey...Canadian. Some guys probably thought that was hilarious.

Well, Canadian or not, do you think maybe it was meant to be over the top? Just a little? Like perhaps it proves your point?

Well, wouldn't most guys, Canadian or not, think it is hilarious?

You were saying that it might be doing American men good to go to Hooters to be desensitized. So they could do this?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Uh huh.

And when was the last girl you met in the pub? How much did you spend on the last girl to get to see them?
Are you drunk or off your head or something?
What the # kind of question is that???
You must have a crazy perception of men based on horrible men in your life. I feel sorry for you and wish you goodnight as Monday tomorrow lol.
Have a cup of tea and chill out, not all men are bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connell

Jason Sudeikis has a lot of testosterone.

There's nothing impotent about Jason Sudeikis.

Doesn't look like it to me. A woman like Olivia Wilde is rather seeking a man like this:

1.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Uh huh.

Are you drunk or off your head or something?
What the # kind of question is that???
You must have a crazy perception of men based on horrible men in your life. I feel sorry for you and wish you goodnight as Monday tomorrow lol.
Have a cup of tea and chill out, not all men are bad.

I didn't say you were bad, I just said you were a hypocrite.

In a discussion about breastfeeding, you are the one defending the laws of top less, because it pleases you to see them.

You diverted the discussion from the purpose of breastfeeding in public to what pleases you. See?

If it pleases you to see women top less, then why don't you save that for conversations with men in a less public forum, but please don't pull "because it pleases me" into a discussion about breasts for breastfeeding.

You took it away from breastfeeding to sexualizing because it pleases you. Then when I questioned that, you then went all mushy about it.

But here's the thing, would you feel appropriate when it comes to 13 year-old girls breastfeeding a baby in public? Not saying that is ok for 13 year-old girls to have babies, only that it happens.

Bu the discussion makes it sexual because it is pedophilic to think of 13 year-old girls in that way, and yet they have the same capability of grown women to feed babies.

So it can't just be viewed as simply that, if it is not appropriate to think of 13 year-old girls in that way. BTW, I would assume then that it is not legal for 13 year-old girls to go top less.

That is only right. But all the arguments have been about sex or breastfeeding, and if it is viewed only for the purpose of breastfeeding, then there should be no problem for very young mothers to breast feed in public, but we can't even address that issue, because sex is attached to it.

I say, as a woman, given the fact that 13 year-old girls have babies and breasts for feeding them (not that it is good or right, only that it happens), let's see if the issue can be addressed without attaching sexuality to it.

Can we talk about this in a mature way? If it can't be addressed in any mature way, then perhaps as adults we are having problems separating sex from natural, biological facts.

Fact...13 year-old girls have babies and breasts..

Are we capable of discussing it without it being pedophilic?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
I saw the 13 year old question and stopped.
You really must be off your head (Madchester) and I'm happy to stand by all my posted words, in this thread, and everywhere I've ever posted online since 1996.

edit on 19.4.2015 by grainofsand because: Word to words typo

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Nothing to say?
...ah of course not because you appear to be full of #.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I saw the 13 year old question and stopped.
You really must be off your head (Madchester) and I'm happy to stand by all my posted words, in this thread, and everywhere I've ever posted online since 1996.

So you can't talk about a breastfeeding 13 year-old mother? I thought it was all beautiful and natural to you.

See, you can't think about it.

Come on, it is a fact of life, it happens, as sad as it is, it happens. So why can't we talk about it in a mature and grown up manner?

You are defending breastfeeding, but you can't talk about a 13 year-old mother breastfeeding?

Like I said, FACT OF LIFE. Can you discuss it or not?

edit on 4/19/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nope you imagine more bull#, I think a mother feeding her baby is beautiful no matter what age she is.
Try again with your man-hating observations which are clearly misguided.
Lame.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Nope you imagine more bull#, I think a mother feeding her baby is beautiful no matter what age she is.
Try again with your man-hating observations which are clearly misguided.
Lame.

Did you have daughters?

It is not beautiful for a 13 year-old girl to have to breastfeed, it is sad.

Yes, and let's see if you say that to her mother, "oh lady, your baby girl is so beautiful breastfeeding her baby".

But it is a fact of life, as sad as it is, it happens. I don't think the fathers of daughters on this thread would think the same you have about it.

I would be greatly offended if you said that about my daughter. But she has the same biological capability as a 30 year-old woman, that is why she needs to be protected.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They just might be.

I don't care if women do, my mother breastfed my siblings in front of me, nothing new about that. I have never really seen an immodest woman breastfeeding immodestly.

I really think it is a personal thing between a mother and a child, so as long as we don't intrude with our stares. But she has to do it, the baby comes first.

I hadn't thought about it before, but it seems likely. Some of that sort are seriously nasty people. I never saw anyone breastfeeding that offended me. The baby indeed comes first. I think the woman in the video (really never heard of her before this) might have had on some sort of halter dress, necessitating the method she used. I notice the babies, because, well, babies are great!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

We don't care, you are correct.

We just like our men to be honest. Some of them aren't so much, but we hold them accountable.

Indeed we do! I never heard any guy in person complain about someone nursing a baby, which is good, because I likely would have been a bit vocal in correcting them!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

They just might be.

I don't care if women do, my mother breastfed my siblings in front of me, nothing new about that. I have never really seen an immodest woman breastfeeding immodestly.

I really think it is a personal thing between a mother and a child, so as long as we don't intrude with our stares. But she has to do it, the baby comes first.

I hadn't thought about it before, but it seems likely. Some of that sort are seriously nasty people. I never saw anyone breastfeeding that offended me. The baby indeed comes first. I think the woman in the video (really never heard of her before this) might have had on some sort of halter dress, necessitating the method she used. I notice the babies, because, well, babies are great!

Olivia Wilde was on a tv show called House.

Did you see House where you are?

And I did think it would have been hilarious if it peed on her.
edit on 4/19/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join