It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. House passes estate tax repeal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: links234

a reply to: intrepid
How do you know they don't need it? Maybe they are trying to keep their businesses above water, retain more of their earnings for later expansions, add additional employees to their work force, etc. etc. etc.

In the specific case of the estate tax, they don't need it because their parents are dead and are leaving them with more than $5.4 million dollars. This isn't about making a monthly payroll because you were a little short last month on revenue. If you are someone depending on your parents dying so that you can keep your business afloat then maybe you shouldn't own a business in the first place.

This is about mommy or daddy leaving their $5.4 million estate (non-liquid asset) to you at a measly, one-time 7.7% tax rate.

Thinking small. Do you think $6 million dollars is a lot of money for a small business owner that would like to grow the business, create more jobs, modernize their facilities and equipment, etc.? You do realize that a SMALL business can be one whose receipts are under $21 million with employees up to 1000. His/her family inheritance may be his/her make-or-break it relief.

If you look at the rate that is in place an inheritance of 6 mill would be taxed under $50,000. If they need ALL 6 mill they don't deserve to be in business.

Secondly, where do you think they are going to make up the shortage from? Uh huh "lower classes".

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is only the beginning folks

Once they cut ALL things for the poor the GOP will go about reducing ALL taxes for the rich

They are ONLY in politics to protect the wealth of the rich

That's ALL they are concerned with

NOT SO QUICK!

It isn't just the GOP that you believe hates the poor and middle class!

Pennsylvania just got a new Progressive/Democrat for governor and let me share with you what he is putting taxes on!

Caskets!
Movie tickets!
Higher Education Meal Plans!
Home Health Care Services, (Yea, taxing the sick along with the dead?)
Cable Television!
Nursing and Residential Care!
Museums and Historical Sites!

The list goes on and on and you can find his whole plan HERE
Stop PRETENDING the Demoncrats are any different than the Rebloodlicans!

They BOTH cater to the wealthy! How the Hell else do they come up with the money to get elected?
edit on 18-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

How do you know they don't need it? Maybe they are trying to keep their businesses above water, retain more of their earnings for later expansions, add additional employees to their work force, etc. etc. etc.

In the specific case of the estate tax, they don't need it because their parents are dead and are leaving them with more than $5.4 million dollars. This isn't about making a monthly payroll because you were a little short last month on revenue. If you are someone depending on your parents dying so that you can keep your business afloat then maybe you shouldn't own a business in the first place.

This is about mommy or daddy leaving their $5.4 million estate (non-liquid asset) to you at a measly, one-time 7.7% tax rate.

Thinking small. Do you think $6 million dollars is a lot of money for a small business owner that would like to grow the business, create more jobs, modernize their facilities and equipment, etc.? You do realize that a SMALL business can be one whose receipts are under $21 million with employees up to 1000. His/her family inheritance may be his/her make-or-break it relief.

If you look at the rate that is in place an inheritance of 6 mill would be taxed under $50,000. If they need ALL 6 mill they don't deserve to be in business.

Secondly, where do you think they are going to make up the shortage from? Uh huh "lower classes".

RIGHT THERE!

You admit that instead of taking care of spending waste or budgeting, government would rather harm the lower classes!

Government does not care about the "people".

Government only cares about government.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

RIGHT THERE!

You admit that instead of taking care of spending waste or budgeting, government would rather harm the lower classes!

Exactly and if you think that's going to change you're mistaken. So bringing it up is pretty moot.

Government does not care about the "people".

Government only cares about government.

Oh it cares about people. Monied people.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And yet you want to perpetuate the problem by endorsing policy that would reward the poor behavior of government.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

And yet you want to perpetuate the problem by endorsing policy that would reward the poor behavior of government.

So you're cool with it when the gov't decides to recoup this revenue from YOU?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If they need ALL 6 mill they don't deserve to be in business.

What a load of horse pucky! All small business are not kool-aid stands. Sheeesh!!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I agree and also wish that the money would be spent more wisely and efficiently. But the only reason people can become ultra wealthy in this country is because they have benefited from how this country is structured.

I kind of lean towards a famous line from John F. Kennedy in my feelings. " ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" I have Benefited and looked for every tax break I could so that I might amass more wealth. ( not that I am ultra wealthy as I said I will fall on the bottom tier)

I have absolutely no problem at all paying it back in the end. I don't mind leaving money to my children and grandchildren. But I would rather they use what money is left to help them benefit in the same way I did. Not sit on their ass and live off the inheritance that is one reason why my will benefits everyone equally they will receive working capita but they will not inherit a fortune.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

In concept, you are right. Taxes are bad in almost all forms.

But if the point here is that our government should "do the most good"....it is obvious what they consider the "most good".

While this is a measure that should be passed....the crickets are chirping in the palms of 99.98% of Americans. That is hardly "most good". But, you don't amass a $2bil campaign warchest by pissing on wealthy people.

This isn't a class warfare story (although it could be if people lacking insight discuss it). This is a thread about systemic cronyism.

I am glad the wealthy are getting the death tax repealed. It was nonsense to tax the same income twice. But what about the dumb taxes I am paying.....where's MY reprieve?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What a load of horse pucky! All small business are not kool-aid stands. Sheeesh!!

If you need 6 mill to keep you business running or make upgrades, instead 5.65 mill, you shouldn't be in business.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Exactly correct...monied people.

If i see Obama on the street and want to say "Hi", he will walk right on by. But if i want to say "Hi" and I have an open checkbook in my hand.....

that is the difference. If you want an audience with these people, you have to buy a ticket for 5 figures to a fundraising event.

The folly of Citizens United: money doesn't equal free speech. Money just equals an ability to purchase an audience. That isnt speech.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

If you need 6 mill to keep you business running or make upgrades, instead 5.65 mill, you shouldn't be in business.

As I said, horse pucky. You think too small, imo. It doesn't matter anyway. If a family earned it, it should stay with the family to do as they please.

Maybe you would be less prejudice and more tolerant if they set up the Intrepid, Mrs. Intrepid, and Baby Intrepid Foundation and give it all to "the lower classes" (as YOU put it)......of course, that would be AFTER Mr. Intrepid gets a couple of million in salary, Mrs. Intrepid travels to places "for information gathering purposes", and Baby Intrepid gets administrative pay, the offices are plushly furnished, and other sundry expenses are doled out. There might be a couple of percentage points to give to the "cause" of the "lower classes".
edit on 18-4-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So you're cool with it when the gov't decides to recoup this revenue from YOU?

Nope. But then again, I protest by endorsing people who don't want to continue taxing instead they want real, actual spending issues resolved.

I'm not solving anything by placing the onus on the wealthy. That's class warfare.

That's also a tacit approval and passing the buck, and confirming that government solutions are the best.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Posting emotionally tends to lessen the impact of one's message. I, for one, have NO idea what you said or how it could be in the least way relevant.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

Posting emotionally tends to lessen the impact of one's message. I, for one, have NO idea what you said or how it could be in the least way relevant.

Not emotional here. Reasonable and rational.....and, of course, you didn't. Try rereading. Totally relevant. Maybe someone can explain it to you.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am glad the wealthy are getting the death tax repealed. It was nonsense to tax the same income twice. But what about the dumb taxes I am paying.....where's MY reprieve?

We won't get our high taxes repealed because they have in mind what they want to spend.

Not what they need to spend.

What they want to spend.

And wasteful spending is actually figured into that.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I have a problem of giving to an organization that cannot handle it's finances.

Would you donate to a charity that spend everything you gave it on fine wines and caviar?

Yet we have people who gladly encourage paying MORE to an organization (government) that does just that!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn’t say Democrats were saints

It’s a matter of degrees

There are degrees of everything in life

A man who robs a bank is a bigger thief than a person who steals a pencil

I didn’t say they hate the poor

I said they are in politics ONLY to protect the interest of the elite wealthy

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn’t say Democrats were saints

It’s a matter of degrees

There are degrees of everything in life

A man who robs a bank is a bigger thief than a person who steals a pencil

I didn’t say they hate the poor

I said they are in politics ONLY to protect the interest of the elite wealthy

How many times has "the lesser of two evils" changed tides?

The sand is "We the people" who are manipulated and molded by the manipulation and corruption destroying this country!

BTW? The lesser of 2 evils? Is still evil!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The estate tax, called by opponents the 'death tax,' is a tax specifically aimed at preventing generational wealth accumulation and, in modern times, hindering the growing wealth gap. The president has threatened to veto the bill if it makes it to his desk.

With the staggering failures of public aid programs and government in general for several generations, the only thing left is bitter jealousy and vile animosity.

The bureaucrats always have to blame someone else.

At least the "wealthy" are self sufficient and don't add to poverty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join