It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've missed y'all!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Howdy ATS...

This is actually my second introduction. I had an account here some time ago, but for some reason was unable to either login again (something I hadn't done for a long time) or retrieve my information, and so after months of lurking, I decided to once again join the discussion of this bright and vibrant community that I've always so enjoyed.

I'll say just a quick bit about me. I'm a Texan, born in Pennsylvania. I graduated from West Point and served as a helicopter pilot in the Air Cavalry (flew the OH-58D) with the 82d Airborne. A parachute accident and subsequent injury put me out of service after 5 years. I actually held an extremely high security clearance while I was in because of some work I did in intelligence, but don't let that mislead you into thinking that I know anything more than anyone here, most of my work was mundane analysis done many years ago and all highly compartmentalized.

After my time of service and some traditional white collar work I experienced a profound spiritual awakening (like so many of us here) and really abandoned a traditional life. I subsequently performed music professionally in Hollywood and then across the nation as a rather pervasive troubadouresque traveler. I've just arrived back in Fort Worth and am starting a new band here which I've decided to call THE ELECTRIC PRIEST, and hence describes the name I've chosen. I invite any interested to peruse my site at www.theelectricpriest.com if you'd like to see who I am or what my music is about.

Other than that I won't wax overly verbose in this introduction, other than to say I'm glad to be back and very much look forward to engaging everyone in the fun and interesting discussions that seem so relegated to this site and few places otherwise. I'll leave you all with one of my threads from my former incarnation. I probably posted less than 2 dozen threads while I was on here, but once when I was in the shower (strangely enough) something struck me that I felt so compelled to share with this community, and so I jumped out and penned the below thread with a tremendous response! It seems as though I was able to tap into something resembling truth both within myself as well as the world around, and to my great joy this community rewarded me with gusto and enthusiasm. Such wonderful feedback from such like-minded individuals was, to put it simply, self confirming. God bless you all...

The Electric Priest

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Hi, welcome back in here mate.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hi! I don't know who you are, but welcome back!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

once when I was in the shower (strangely enough) something struck me that I felt so compelled to share with this community,

Love those shower epiphanies, too . I get my best ones there.

Welcome back.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hello and welcome (back). good luck with the band from a fellow band-ee

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I look forward to your future words!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ha! I actually read that thread, it may have even been before I signed up. Good to see you back!

-Duck!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hi and welcome back. I went to your page. I like the music. What Woody Harrelson movie was the footage in Zager Sager from? I thought I'd seen all of his movies but don't remember that one.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Hey man! Welcome back.

We are glad to have you back bro. Much love.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey all...

My deepest apologies for not maintaining my introduction thread. I'm not able to get on quite as often as many that I see here, but I certainly do appreciate everyone's kind words and warm welcome (back). I shall try to do my part. Peace...

The Electric Priest

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Hi and welcome back. I went to your page. I like the music. What Woody Harrelson movie was the footage in Zager Sager from? I thought I'd seen all of his movies but don't remember that one.

Howdy...

Thanks for the compliment. That movie was called THE MESSENGER, which is also the name of the song represented. I actually wrote and recorded that song, based upon a true life experience, several years before the movie came out, and have never actually seen the movie myself. I was just beginning to experiment with putting video to my music, and the wealth of beautiful imagery made by Oren Moverman (director) and featuring one of my favorite actors was too enticing to ignore. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The Electric Priest

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Ha! I actually read that thread, it may have even been before I signed up. Good to see you back!

-Duck!

Thank you Duck! I thought maybe I was being a bit self serving by including an old thread in my introduction, but I so enjoyed the initial response that I received that I figured that ol' fruit might still have a bit of juice in her yet...
Peace...

The Electric Priest

new topics

top topics

join