It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China is purposefully destroying tropical coral reefs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Why are you getting up me , i was not defending them you twit .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Remember, everyone, how it is said by numerous politicians of a certain persuasion how we should be more like China. China is our model. And as China makes a play to become the new global power, this is what we can expect their care and feeding of the earth to look like, but hey, American is bad and so is Western Civ, m'key?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Well when people read the rest of the thread they see I didn't Single out China. But it does seem with this Time China is the only country Entombing libraries in sand.

I learned some new information today China is doing it actively to seven of the eight Reefs they possess in the Spratly's.

I already knew Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam have done things like that in the past.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Mind boggling in the rush to blame western allies people are actually going to defend the Chinese in this.

I would be outraged if my country did this, we should all be outraged if any country did this... Not everything is an East versus west issue.

The rush to defend China's actions stems from a syndrome called " tinfoil hat hissy fit".

edit on 19-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

This is where I remember hearing something about Australia blasting channels through the Great Barrier Reef(About 1:10):

What China is doing is horrible for the reefs and ecosystems they are destroying. We just have to realize that China is NOT the only country that is doing great harm to this planet.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh what the hell. You know I would think that for a fishing culture which has been so for centuries they would know the important part that coral reefs play to fish habitats. And for a country with so many mouths to feed this ain't to bright of a move, but hey governments world wide have not been known for there bright moves, there merely fish following the stream of money or yen or whatever in whichever stream it flows, Chinese governments none the less, in fact there more bot like.

But I suppose there counting on the lands there purchasing in Africa and americas and worldwide to feed there ever growing society. It should lead to some interesting scenarios down the line, I mean it only takes 10,000 years for these mass coral reefs to grow and help sustain the fish populations, I am sure they could wait it out once they destroy them. But hey they could always go on down to Australia or Alaska, but even those places are getting picked pretty clean. I can just see it now, some hundred years from now, the fish wars of the great seas. Maybe they will blame that on Obama or Putin or whoever is the new figurehead in charge of taking blame for that great fish fiasco.

After all what are presidents for if not distraction and taking blame, its what cuts there pay checks it seems. Round about and round about.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
A bit stereotypical eh! How about them Australians? Not like crocodile Dundee at all eh!

It would take a rap spoof to make anything stick in today's kids heads anyways.

Its just progress you know.

There planing on going to outer space and colonize other planets and stuff, I mean never mind that humans seem to die when they go over the next continent or even city over from a ity bitty germ, or even an insect bite, but ya, space. That's were its at, because a planet which is practically tailored made for you and yet you still cant life there and die from the silliest things just is no challenge...Thats the kicker, cue the drums, dum da dra dum dum.

We have yet to send somebody in local orbit for some months without coming back with all kinds of health problems and bones so brittle you can push them over and break a few. I wonder what there plan is in other hostile worlds, were the air itself may kill you in a second flat, much less all the other little surprises out there. I dont know, but I am sure it will be quite hilarious to find out.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You are clearly not familiar with world rap news.

While they do stereotype and have a little, their information is much less distorted than anything the Main Stream Media(msm) gives us.

I would encourage you or anyone to watch a few other of their rap news videos.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

This is where I remember hearing something about Australia blasting channels through the Great Barrier Reef(About 1:10):

What China is doing is horrible for the reefs and ecosystems they are destroying. We just have to realize that China is NOT the only country that is doing great harm to this planet.

Seriously???

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Now if they had world METAL news you might have something...
RAP is garbage .

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
Ah its not bad, but they should have a polka dance version of world news as well. Just because...Well why not.

Besides I dont think they can wipe out all there coral reefs, and if they do? What the hell do they need with man made sand islands anyways? Those things dont last very long as well like everything else made in china. But you know, well with all this drama on here we may end up going to war over water rights or fish rights or who knows what. At which point all those fancy warships may just become some pretty big sitting ducks with current satellite targeting systems and what not, which could lead to some new steel grade reefs for them fishes to spawn and do fish things in. Pretty much all the sunk boats from the titanic to others have ended up as new homes for them sooner or latter.

So you see, the circle of life goes on, hakuna matata and all that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join