It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I turned a blind eye to a thief at a supermarket today...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Did you know that a Judge, by law, can lie to a jury about this? He can direct the DA and the defense to not say anything about it and hold them on charges if they do. He can even directly lie to the jury and tell them it is not allowed. Both of these rulings come from Supreme Court cases.

No, I didn't know that. I knew that it's discouraged and that jurors are seldom (if ever) informed of this possibility... but no, I had no idea the Supreme Court ruled jurors could actually be lied to about it. Shameful.

I'll have to do some research about that too now. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The stores themselves are a bunch of thieves... Just look at the rate at which the price of groceries have risen, and compare that to salaries and raises.

It's the reason I now keep chickens for eggs, and will be growing most of my own produce.
On the bright side, it did help me discover how to do some pretty amazing stuff with couponing to save, but I still see way too much money going to just feed us.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

For what it's worth, OP, I think you did the right thing. I'd hate to be starving myself and finally manage to get something only to be arrested and thrown in jail for not wanting to eat out of a garbage can. I always try to envision myself as the other party and make a decision based off that. It's served me pretty well in life so far.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join