It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more nightmares thanks to this verse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is my first thread ever.. Please be kind to me

First of all: I'm a muslim, I have had a lot of nightmares in my life but since a year ago I was having terrifying nightmares on a daily basis.

After some research I have discovered that a lot of this nightmares are caused by demons (a.k.a the evil ones among the jinn kind). I had episodes of crazy demonic attacks in my dreams. After a long while of having those crazy dreams (2-3 months) I unconsciously trained myself to recognize a nightmare and to wake up as soon as the nightmare was going to start.

As soon as I woke up I recite something that would make me feel something I never expected. Whenever I wake up from the nightmare I immediately recite Ayat al-Kursi verse 255 of the second chapter (Surah) of the Holy Quran, Surat al-Baqarah and every single time I would feel this undescribable extreme pressure in my chest almost not able to breath for +/- 6 second until I reach +/- the 3th sentence of this verse and then the pressure dissapears and I'm fully able to continue sleeping without having a nightmare that day. I am fully awake and able to move my body so this is NOT a sleep paralysis.

It is as if this thing wich I think is a demon is burning inside me while I'm reciting this verse... And in as-Saheeh (strong narration) it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘The Shaytan flows through the son of Adam as the blood flows through his veins.’” This narration confirms for me that that demon would enter my body when I am having these nightmares and explains for me why I would feel a physical effect when I recite Ayat el kursi.

What is ayat el kursi? (you might be thinking)

Translation and linguistic 'miracle' explained in this 7 minute video.

A well known hadith on ayat el kursi:
Narrated Abu Huraira (strong narration) : Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah’s Apostle!” Then Abu Huraira described the whole narration and said: That person said (to me), “Please don’t take me to Allah’s Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to your bed, recite Ayatul Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.” When the Prophet heard the story he said (to me), “He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan.”
Sahih Al-Bukhari – Book 61 Hadith 530

These episodes of nightmares started when I didn't knew yet I was supposed to recite it before I was going to bed, I swear to you I haven't had a single nightmare when I recited this verse before I went to bed. However I have these nightmares every once in a while when I forget to recite it, it's not a guarantee I will get these demonic nightmares but the chance I will get them is a lot bigger. This night I had one of those, I didn't recite ayat el kursi, it was 4 months ago I had my last nightmare.

Every single time a nightmare starts I feel this dark presence wich always sets an alarm off in my head, it automatically wakes me up instantly. Again I immediatly recited ayat el kursi, felt this weird strong pressure in my chest almost not being able to breath for 6 seconds orso...

I want to end this thread with one last thing: How my 2-3 month long nightmare episodes ended.
My last nightmare attack was a little bit special because I didn't had a single nightmare since then:
A normal night around 3-4 pm (as usual) I felt this dark presence again while I was dreaming. I immediatly opened my eyes, but this time I wasn't scared. I smiled (because I knew the bastard was there again and I knew what will hurt him) and I recited Ayat el kursi and felt the pressure in my chest again while I was smiling... lol since then he was gone for a couple of months hehe.

This verse is my weapon against evil entities that enter my bedroom while I'm asleep... If you are having the same problem I just described you should try to recite this verse before sleeping or if you want to feel the crazy pressure in your chest, recite it immediatly after waking up from your nightmare lol. I advise you to recite it before sleeping, what do you have to lose?

Transliteration:
Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoom; laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawm; lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil ard; man zallazee yashfa'u indahooo illaa be iznih; ya'lamu maa baina aideehim wa maa khalfahum; wa laa yuheetoona beshai 'immin 'ilmihee illa be maa shaaaa; wasi'a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda wa la ya'ooduho hifzuhumaa; wa huwal aliyyul 'azeem

And if you wanna hear it with its transliteration:

To end my first thread:

I know the majority isn't a big fan of Islam or any other religion, but I'm here to share this with the openminded people that suffer a lot of nightmares not knowing what to do to get rid of them. If you think everything I just typed is complete utter bull****, I am perfectly fine with that

I am sorry for my unstructeral story, I hope it was worth reading lol.

Peace
edit on 18-4-2015 by ElectricFeel because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm one of the posters that cannot stand religion and am an atheist.

If that verse brings you comfort at night and takes your fears away, that's wonderful!
It's a pretty sounding song-like prayer. I can see why you like it.
Great that you shared it. I hope others that need it, find the comfort you're offering to them.

Editing to add: This is a public forum. Post as much as you like!
edit on 18-4-2015 by gottaknow because: added info

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

While I respect your right to your beliefs, this is pretty easy to explain from a rational/skeptical point of view. Anxiety causes certain patterns of cognition to repeat themselves as your brain 'checks in' on the issue. For most this causes more anxiety, compounding the issue and making it repeat again and more often. A placebo is all it takes to break this cycle, because you 'believe' it worked and the anxiety starts to subside.
Look up intrusive thoughts, thought disorder, or generalized anxiety disorder to get a better understanding of how this vicious cycle works. The issue isn't and was never the dream, it's the extraordinary meaning you assign to it.
edit on 18/4/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/4/15 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I have never had a nightmare. I am in my 50s. As a child, whenever my dreams would start down a path of darkness, I would change them to something pleasant. I have done this my entire life. I can restart a dream or continue one from days ago.

Thank you for sharing your info!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I too had real bad nightmares for many years, they were always about what I had seen and happened to me, it was only when i accepted the horrors had happened and i refused to give them any power that the nightmares stopped . I believe nightmares are caused by unsolved things in our lives. The main thing is that you have found a way to stop them. Take care of yourself and be safe

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard
I'd applaud you if I could. Unfortunately, people would rather embrace bullcrap that confirms their own belief systems rather than accept a completely rational explanation that dispels any supernatural account for what occured. I have debunked these sort of anecdotes over and over by pointing out that through even a small amount of research into the phenomenons of 'night terrors' and 'demon possessions', one will easily find that people from vastly different cultures have 'banished' the invading so-called presence(s) by calling on 'spiritual' entities and deities from a wide range of belief systems that have nothing to do with the Abrahamic religions.

But people don't want to think outside of their small boxes or do the research for themselves, so it's pointless to even bother really.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
When my kids would have a night mare we would repeat this scripture and it gave them a lot of comfort:

"For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind."

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Great first thread!

Ayatul Kursi is one of the most magnificent and most beautiful versus in the Quran.

Thanks for the reminder of it

...and unto you be peace

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Your stuff work and so does Jesus

If your intentions are honourable

Prayer works

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Wow, thanks for sharing mate.