It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Vapers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Jeez, i'm so wanting to switch to a vape, but this thread just seems to emphasise that it is some bloody complex and technical biz to actually find something that you "enjoy".

So....

Can someone from the UK make a recommendation for some kit that isn't so complex and would be comparable to smoking Drum Gold or Amber Leaf?

Ta Muchly!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Jeez, i'm so wanting to switch to a vape, but this thread just seems to emphasise that it is some bloody complex and technical biz to actually find something that you "enjoy".

So....

Can someone from the UK make a recommendation for some kit that isn't so complex and would be comparable to smoking Drum Gold or Amber Leaf?

Ta Muchly!

To just get started i'd recommend going to a local vape shop (if there is one close), and get yourself a starter kit. They people who work there will be able to hook you up with something that suits your needs

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

All I can recommend is what I have , it's a Kangertech EMOW , all it is is a stick battery with a juice tank on top but it performs well and is easy to use , the battery easily lasts me a day , I picked it up from Amazon for £32.
There are plenty of videos on youtube that explain the ins and outs , it really is easy.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thank you, i love my Drum, so i do.... and most vapes i have tried (other folk's kit) were a bit meh really, but i know i have to bite the bullet, sniff.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I find tobacco flavours aren't even close to the real thing, i ended up getting every other kind but tobacco haha

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: smirkley

The con is the nicotine travel isnt near as efficient. So you vape harder and stronger and more often to get the ol receptors properly tickled. Many vapers tend to bum cigarettes here and there to get the body better prepped for the travel to the brain.

Absolute nonsense.

Actual it isn't nonesense. It is in fact a science.

But on the other end doctors prefer the vape over cigarrettes as the additives are cancer causing. Let alone the emphysema and other bad things.

The important focus is is it being used to help quit, or to just get your fix.

But facts are facts and science isnt based on nonesense.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

I've smoked Egyptian fruit/baccy mixes in a Shisha, i could adapt to that while i hopefully cut myself down dose-wise and ultimately quit.

On an aside, a chum of mine adds, err, exotic oil to his mix and takes pleasure in using it near the police.
edit on 18-4-2015 by skalla because: typo

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I smoked for 40 years, and wasn't able to quit until I discovered vaping...

That was 6 years ago last month!

I've since collected quite a wide variety of mods, atomizers and tanks.

Too many to list...But right now I'm using a Cloupor mini (genuine) with an Erlkonigan (clone) tank.

Also buy my juice in bulk and mix it to my liking, It's a lot cheaper that way... my last purchase was 2 liters
of 50/50 pg/vg @ 24mg for $30.00 each.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Thanks AS. i went and looked at a couple today and realized I am clueless. I believe they had the EVOD for $70 Can so it's in the right ballpark pricewise. They also had some that take cartridges that look like cigarette filters for quite a bit less but I had my doubts and decided to hold off and do some research so thanks for the pointers.

Now after smoking outside almost exclusively for the last year if I sneak one in the attic the smell is nasty. I wish I could quit cold turkey but after so many failed attempts i know that's not feasible.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Thanks AS. i went and looked at a couple today and realized I am clueless. I believe they had the EVOD for $70 Can so it's in the right ballpark pricewise. They also had some that take cartridges that look like cigarette filters for quite a bit less but I had my doubts and decided to hold off and do some research so thanks for the pointers.

Now after smoking outside almost exclusively for the last year if I sneak one in the attic the smell is nasty. I wish I could quit cold turkey but after so many failed attempts i know that's not feasible.

My advice is -do not- go for the ones that look like cigarettes. They're alright. But they're not ideal. You will have a much easier time using the evod
. I find that the cig-a-likes just make me want to have a cigarette(the look exactly like them, i wanted to get away from that), also they are more pricey in the long run! as you have to keep buying cartridges (unless they're refillable)

Don't feel bad, i tried quitting cold turkey 3 times, patch once and champix twice (lucky i didnt get many side effects). Vaping is the only thing that actually worked. Haha.
edit on 19/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I got a smpl mech mod clone and a genuine mutation x v3 a few weeks back and I've only smoked a couple cigs a week since. And I smoked 3/4 a pack a day. I'm just vaping my 6mg juice non stop. I was hoping this would be cheaper then buying 3 packs a week but it's about the same. Oh well I can smell better and take deep breaths.

Only problem with vaping is it's already becoming a hobby. I started trying some builds doing my own wicks etc. great that's the last thing I need is another hobby.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Former pack a day plus smoker quit cold turkey about six months ago. Stopped in a local vape store one Saturday afternoon and haven't had a single cigarette since.

Started off with an Innokin MVP 2 and a couple of Aspire tanks and a couple great flavors of juice at 18mg. Still have and use it but also have two Itaste iStick 50W box mods with Aspire Atlantis tanks and my nic level is down to 6mg.

Health is better, lungs are better, things taste better and I don't smell like an ashtray. I couldn't be happier.

There is a huge e-cig forum with lots of information and I like to visit spinfuel for news and reviews. Vaping is one of the best things I've done for myself in quite a while.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh only once or twice have I had an urge to light up. That was only when I burned some herb though. Otherwise it hasn't bothered me one bit. I will say though I had to find the right vape for me to begin with. I also regularly go and hang out at the shop and try all the flavors. I've probably tried around 50 flavors in 2 months and only really enjoyed 5. Also, the more watts it puts out the better the flavor in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'd like to throw out there VG only flavors are way better tasting and smoother than PG only or mixed with PG flavors. PG is a bit harsher as it is an alcohol base if I'm not mistaken. VG is basically vegetable oil.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla you should go to a local shop that has good feedback and just sit down and talk to them. Get some info and ask them if they have any ones you can test. I would honestly recommend going with at least 15 watt battery. Once you have your hardware it's basically unscrew the tank, unscrew the bottom of the tank upside down, drip in liquid and screw pieces back together! It's a pretty easy process. I could probably do it in the dark as most people could after a few times. Sorry for multiple post guys. Just REALLY want people to switch over to vaping as it was the only thing in 12 years of smoking to help me quit. 2 pack a day for 3 of those years, pack a day for the other 9. Cheers to vaping!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I quit smoking tobacco about 4 days ago and i think that you need to have strong character to stop smoking.

Or to you use some other alternative like vapors or e-cigarettes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join