It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Vapers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Great timing on the thread AS as I've promised myself Ito quit t'baccy and switch to a vaper. I have about a half pack of coffin nails left and am planning on picking something simple up tonight and then finding a better model later if i can stick to the plan. Hopefully some seasoned users will post some good asvice on what to get without me breaking the bank more that I already do.

S&F

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Thanks for that info,
That actually makes perfect sense. I don't think e-cigarettes have that same debilitating addictiveness as those chemicals used to transfer the nicotine faster are not present. *claps*

Once a smoker, always a smoker i guess. I don't think i'll ever be a full time smoker again. I've dropped my nicotine strength over half in two months, and intend to quit vaping at some point to.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
Great timing on the thread AS as I've promised myself Ito quit t'baccy and switch to a vaper. I have about a half pack of coffin nails left and am planning on picking something simple up tonight and then finding a better model later if i can stick to the plan. Hopefully some seasoned users will post some good asvice on what to get without me breaking the bank more that I already do.

S&F

A starter kit (i would get a Kangertech EVOD, or EMOW starter kit, or an Aspire starter kit) will run you somewhere up to 60 bucks. Then you buy the ejuice, depending on the price where you're buying it could range from 10 - 20 dollars for 30ml. When i first started i was vaping about 5ml a day max. So that 20 dollar bottle would last me 6 days. A pack of cigarettes a day cost me 11.50 (70 bucks a week easy).

I've since found a place to order from where i get 50ml for 20 bucks so it lasts even longer.
edit on 18/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Just wanted to pop in here a bit. I don't smoke or vape. I haven't smoked "regularly" in nearly a decade. It doesn't seem I was ever addicted in the traditional sense, I only smoked socially and dropped it when I found out I was pregnant. I have puffed a few times since, but never more than one.

That being said, as nasty as cigarette smoke is, I relish being around it at times. My mother and brother still smoke and sometimes it's nice just to be around them. But abstaining from joining them isn't hard at all.

I'm am very thankful I didn't struggle to quit. My mom has tried several times, always loading up with vapes, but she hasn't kicked it yet.

For those who say they went to vaping and never went back, do you miss lighting up?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I've had maybe two or three smokes in the last 2 months. Most of those in the first month. Do i miss it? Not overly. I dont smell bad, my breath doesn't reek, i breathe better. The act of vaping itself gives you the physical addiction of putting it up to your lips and inhaling. I dont miss spending 70 dollars a week on stinkies.

I don't have to go outside to get my fix. Smoking is more socially accepted than vaping is, but people will get used to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread.

I haven't had a cigarette in 31 days. I can notice a BIG difference in my health already

As far as all the vaping jargon you guys use I have no idea wtf your talking about!
LoL

All I know is I went into a local Juicy Vapor store and said I wanted to quit, he asked how much I smoked and recommended 12mg 'maxi tobacco' juice.
This is the one I have, except in black.

It seems to work great and the volts, I think that's what they are
, are adjustable up to 5.0.

ETA: I just figured out the volts and amps are adjustable, lol. Turned them both up and it puts out a cloud now

Works for me.

As far as those saying its still nicotine, whatever. Either you have never smoked tobacco, or........

Thanks again for the thread OP

edit on 4 18 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AzureSky

Do i miss it? Not overly. I dont smell bad, my breath doesn't reek, i breathe better.

I know right??

I cant believe how I notice the smell on others now! To think I smelled like that and never even realized it.

edit on 4 18 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: AzureSky

Do i miss it? Not overly. I dont smell bad, my breath doesn't reek, i breathe better.

I know right??

I cant believe how I notice the smell on others now! To think I smelled like that and never even realized it.

I smell things better/worse in general now haha. When i walk in my apartment i know right away when the cat # on the floor or something like that. I smell all kinds of things i didn't before. My farts have become more ungodly too.

Pizza tastes even better though.

That's a pretty decent kit you got, It's fairly easy to learn what common vaping technical terms are! Here, try this website. Its just a glossary

www.tasteyourjuice.com...
edit on 18/4/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I can so relate about the pet odors now, as soon as I walk in I know if something is 'wrong'. Well, that and the guilt look on the culprits face

Thanks for the link

I do enjoy vaping so learning a little more about it is a plus. S&F for the thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

made the switch last summer. Took some time getting pissed off why I was getting hot e-juice in my mouth and why it wasn't vaping consistently until I realized not to overfill it. Now that I've got that down, no turning back. I will admit however, I'm not really a "non smoker" because in my mind, I've just switched methods. I will still smoke a cig but I prefer my vape. Can't stand the smell of smoke anymore as opposed to before, didn't mind it at all. Saving $300 per month and if any GOV tries to step on my VAPE, we will all go underground. E-juice can be made on your own. F@#$@# the Gov.

ETA: oh yeah, can't forget to mention my night cough in bed is completely gone.
edit on 18-4-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You know the funny side effect of vaping is two fold. Pro and con.

The pro is no tar and additives.

The con is the nicotine travel isnt near as efficient. So you vape harder and stronger and more often to get the ol receptors properly tickled. Many vapers tend to bum cigarettes here and there to get the body better prepped for the travel to the brain.

It is a catch 22.
edit on 18-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm glad you made this thread. I was going to but there's an old one (at least a year old) and it seems dead now.
I was using an itazte MVP 2.0 with an Aspire BDC, I drilled out the holes on the sides and and started using coils from an Aspire BVC in it, got pretty decent clouds, for what that tank is.

Now, I'm using an Itaste MVP 3.0: it's 6-30w or 3-9v I loooove it. The battery life is crazy annnd I you can charge anything that you have a USB charger for. (MVP 2.0 broke so now it's a back up cell charger.

For my tank I'm using the Joytech Delta II and boy is this thing cool. It's 0.6 ohms. Good for 20-45w and had adjustable air flow AND juice flow options. There's also an optional RDA coil you can get for it.
I've also been using the Aspire Atlantis and I very much like that too, but I have a soft spot for Aspire they make great products. But it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the Delta II has.
I also have a Patriot RDA a co-worker gave me but I haven't been using it much. The Delta does the job nicely.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Two and a half years ago I picked up a cigalke. Never touched a cigarette again. Then it was a Twist and an T3 with 18mg nic. Now, I make my own NET's and use either a Sub-tank or a K4 with nickel coils and temperature controlled DNA40. I'm down to 3 mg and plan on going to zero nic by the end of the year. Two PAD to zero nic. Never felt better.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

The con is the nicotine travel isnt near as efficient. So you vape harder and stronger and more often to get the ol receptors properly tickled. Many vapers tend to bum cigarettes here and there to get the body better prepped for the travel to the brain.

Absolute nonsense.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I never understood the modding .. Two months after I started vaping I was off it . completely nicotine free .. Use it as the tool to quit not as a crutch as see so many people fall into .. Still was hell for two weeks while I was quitting.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

Use it as the tool to quit not as a crutch as see so many people fall into

Some people enjoy vaping , I know a couple of people who vape 0mg nic because they enjoy the flavours and just vaping , they find it relaxing.
I enjoy nicotine as people enjoy whiskey , this way I can enjoy it without the grim reaper looking over my shoulder.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Quiting smoking is pretty easy I've done it 6 or 7 times.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I haven't actually tried to quit smoking, but I've cut down significantly after finally forking out the cash for a decent set up.

I had those eGo pens, and didn't really enjoy them at all. They were just a novelty and I went back to smoking analogs full time after a few days.

A month ago I decided I wanted to try them again and didn't mind spending a little more. I was hoping to pick something up for times when I can't reek of smoke. I went to the local shop and picked up an Aspire Sub Ohm battery and Aspire Atlantis tank. Loved it.

Went back and bought another tank and battery.

Went back and bought a Seven 22 with a Kangertech monster tank.

Got a few more tanks so I wouldn't have to worry about running out of juice and could have a variety.

I'm now using an Innokin MVP 3 with the Kangertech's and Atlantis tanks. My favorite by far. I love this thing.

I don't smoke cigarettes nearly as much, I breathe better, I smell better, I enjoy being able to puff away at night in bed and just in the house in general. It's almost like a mini hobby too. It's fun trying new flavors and I enjoy the process of cleaning the tanks and switching stuff around. I don't think I'll ever start dripping, but you never know.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've been cigarette and Vape free for two months now I just dropped it cold turkey it was not easy and I still have moments now but it's Been worth it.. you guys can do it it's all really a mental thing

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It starts with ego pens. Then you realize you need more and off you go into hobbyville.
I love it too, if i had more money to spend on vape things i would. But for now what i have is great, and i'm ordering a half dozen more flavours to try out next week. The variation in flavour is what helped me quit in the first place. Pick a flavour and someone is bound to have it.

As for dripping.. I'm probably going to get an RDA soonish, they're relatively cheap. It would be an "at home only" vape that's for sure. Don't drip and drive!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join