It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enemies of Compassion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: TwoRavens

If one isn't praying for things to get better, then what is the POINT of prayer?????????????

To express praise, love, gratitude.

“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.”

-Meister Eckhart

I don't know, if the only beings there are out there are the ones that listen only to 'thank you' and ignore the 'please' then I'd say there is something wrong. But that is my personal opinion. And yes, opinions vary and everyone has a right to have one, and words can have different meanings for different people.

👣

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In the article, it says this: "There is a vast difference between reaching out for comfort and trying to manipulate someone into feeling sorry for you and taking care of you." Something like this can be very difficult to do when someone may have tried to do so multiple times in the past only to be taken advantage of or have doors slammed in the face.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't know, if the only beings there are out there are the ones that listen only to 'thank you' and ignore the 'please' then I'd say there is something wrong. But that is my personal opinion. And yes, opinions vary and everyone has a right to have one, and words can have different meanings for different people.

Out there? What about in here? God is both inner and outer. But I digress.

Prayer can be very beneficial. Just be ready to take no for an answer. In sufi circles they say, 'There's prayer, and a step up from that is meditation, and a step up from that is sobbet, or conversation.'

👣

edit on 945Saturday000000America/ChicagoApr000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
All I know is god will probably strike me down with lightning or something soon because I think we can do better.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

All I know is god will probably strike me down with lightning or something soon because I think we can do better.

Haha! Well, watch out with what you visualize - it can be like a prayer, a negative one rather than a positive one.

We CAN do better. We are responsible for creating tremendous problems here on Earth, and we need to make real changes.

No Creator-God is in charge, so we can't blame God for what we have done. There is no way the Divine could create such a mess. It is up to us to take care of what we have done.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'm not even going to bother to watch it, honestly, for this reason. Anyone who ever tells me that PITY is a BAD thing is a LIAR. PERIOD.

simply because Pity is the KID SISTER of Compassion, and is not an evil thing. That is my own childish understanding. Why do we take all the emotions and say they are negative? Why is it supposed to be so damn wrong to feel something for another human being..or another being period? Why is it wrong to want to be INVOLVED and CARE???

I am sick to death in my very soul of 'non' attachment!!!

sick of it. ATTACHMENT IS NOT A BAD THING!

Because outrage is easy and true compassion is hard and most people can't tell the difference.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Even forms of self-pity can lead to self-compassion

Pity is only a automatic feeling of empathy

I think the good lady, as an advanced Zen Buddhists, is trying to gear thinking towards inner perfection as the goal and secondary attributes as a replica for the real thing should be avoided by practitioners of high level spirituality

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Pity is only a automatic feeling of empathy

I'll have to disagree with that.

3. Pity Vs. Empathy ~ Pity is feeling that another is in trouble and in need of help as they cannot fix their problems themselves, often described as “feeling sorry” for someone. In contrast, Empathy is distinctive from Pity, because it is the literal sharing of emotions between two people. In the act of seeing through another’s eyes, into their unique perspective, wherein one shares the emotions, experiences, and thought progressions of the other person, a connection is forged, unlike that of pitying another.

empathicperspectives.wordpress.com...

👣

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

I don't know i somehow have a problem with these enlightened self-help-sellers. The true problem is when people don't know themselfes, that's all there is to tell the difference. Pity is a bad feeling, not helping anything and just belittles the "object". Empathy is indeed a handicap a mark you bear for life, more or less and doesn't focus purely on "i feel so sorry for you" like pity does but it shares the path to get there. It is hard to feel pity for humans when you see them as what they and their lifes are: Products of a quest for truth, beauty and happiness, however one defines that for him/herself. So if you feel with someone, it more often than not causes feelings of anger, because from the outside all our problems are much easier to detect than they are to admit.
Like some guy i know, drinks way too much, because he is so unhappy in love, while she doesn't want to because he drinks too much, she told him, he has to drink less. It is #ing easy for me to say, dude you drink too much, but next to impossible for him to hear that without anger.
An empathic person goes up the walls for the main reason it is self denial. One and one path leads to enlightment the end of the ego being in the way and # like that: being empathic with yourself, who am i, why do i react to this and that in this and that way, what made me like i am and if i would change that, what other parts of me would suffer which i could actually need. The biggest failure from all spiritualists and religions and so on is the same reason Marxism doesn't work, it's basis is an ideal human and that's just something never, ever happening. Impossible, and i bet the moment when Buddha arrived at Nirvana was when we thought: Screw it i am the biggest asshole of all times, but at least i tried!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

And I know ONE THING. If we had MORE 'MORAL OUTRAGE' in THIS world, there would be LESS suffering in it! But to 'tune out' is soooo much 'better'. THAT'S A LIE.

Uh, the US is ripe with 'moral outrage' constantly.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I do know one thing. Apathy is the worst evil and 'sin' of them all.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
but who cares, right? I mean, isn't that karma, that everyone gets what they deserve, even if they are sick of the entire game and want to walk out of the movie because it SUCKS?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

What is apathy? Do you see anyone in this thread advocating apathy? If you think you do, then maybe it's time you watched the vids in the OP.

Don't make me twist your arm. 💪

👣

edit on 795SundayuAmerica/ChicagoApruSundayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sorry, I do have to live in reality. The hippy love scene worked wonders huh?
edit on 19-4-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i'm sick of things that can be seen on a screen but not touched. and not felt with the heart.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

Sometimes things on screen can be felt with the heart.

You could probably use a hug. Unless you're in Minneapolis, I can't help you with that. I'm not rich, not famous, not powerful. All I can do for you is radiate compassion toward you, pray for you, and lead you to vids that I think will help you. All of which I've done. 🌹

👣

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Compassion is to help an absolute stranger.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Compassion is to help an absolute stranger.

Somebody finally nailed it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
there are no strangers. everything is related. it's just that some relations can be real ass holes. some can be dicks. and some pus sies just get fuc ked all the time. Team America was right..

I'm just a pus sy is all. Just another pussy getting fuc ked.

that's reality..compassion? I think what is most important with me with compassion is being believed..and then being helped...

and I do appreciate the help here online. It's just not enough. Without a friend in person to talk to..not someone professional..but a friend...

but here I am typing on a screen. I made it through last night because I fell asleep. I already know what to do on 420 without weed.

Should I write a letter to the white house complaining about the veterans administration and cannabis laws? And if I do..who would pay attention to it?

and what would it take for them to actually read it?

and if that maybe saves the lives of veterans..24 a day by the way I believe..estimates are from 22 to 26 a day..but I will say this..I think it's 24..one on the hour every hour..

and yet we put them on hold and hire telemarketers and even when seen are overmedicated and mistreated and misdiagnosed..

almost like we are deliberately sacrificing veterans to the machine..you know it would really be cost efficient to not have to pay wounded veterans, wouldn't it?

just some food for thought.

where is the compassion for that?

I mean, all the people with bumper stickers that say 'support the troops' should be forced to have their phone available to any veteran who needs to call them anytime day or night..

but bumper stickers are so much easier than real action..

and if we could STOP SUICIDES OF VETERANS JUST BY GIVING THEM CANNABIS??????/

what then..well then all the big pharma companies would go out of business because there wouldn't be money to be made
and there would be a lot more people walking around..

but compassion for them???

no..just words on a screen sometimes..that's all I feel compassion is.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
it will be really interesting to see if I have anything to write about compassion tomorrow. if there is one. I mean..we just live for today, all of us, right?

it's a good day to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join