It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional hunter trampled to death by elephant he was hoping to slay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Although the death of a humanbeing is not be condoned, but in this case as sense of karma I think comes into play.

Ian Gibson had been on the tracks of an elephant bull while guiding a hunt in Chewore North, Zimbabwe, along with a client, when he spotted the animal close by.

He then established that the elephant was in musth, a period of behavioural change in the animal usually characterised by aggression, but continued to track it until they were around 50 to 100 metres away. The elephant then "instantly turned and began a full charge" towards the pair before Mr Gibson was brutally stamped to death.

News of the death was announced online by website Safari Classics, who posted the following message: "It is with deep sadness to announce the passing of Chifuti Safaris professional hunter Ian Gibson.

www.express.co.uk...

edit on 18/4/15 by EnigmaAgent because: Spelling

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
More like poacher trampled .. elephant hunting is illegal ... sometimes the universe serves up fitting justice ...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm a nice person.

But good.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

At least some things cheer me up lately...

Good riddance.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

I am by no means against hunting for sustenance as natural predation has been reduced so significantly in the last 150 years it has allowed for a massive imbalance in nature, especially here in the Midwest USA. This sport hunting is abhorrent, hunting the few elephants we have, simply to kill them for the thrill of it is akin to murder in my book.

I appreciate all life, but I have to say this poor bloke got what he put out.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
No politically correctness here: I don't respect all life, especially human life, which is infested with cockroach-like subhumans. Hopefully it defecated on this worthless bag of guts as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Revenge by elephant, you play with fire you eventually get burned.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

That is the best news on ATS this morning....

I feel encouraged.......

So many monsters out there doing what they feel they can afford to just because they want to...

Here is a solution that has my full support!!!

Meet Kinessa Johnson from yet another angle. She hunts poachers here in Africa where we are currently at risk of losing all our

"There are poachers in Africa who hunt endangered rhinos and elephants. We want to introduce you to the woman who hunts the poachers as you already know from the previous repost.

Kinessa Johnson is a US Army combat veteran who fought in Afghanistan as you already know from the previous repost. She was a weapons instructor, diesel mechanic and is now an anti-poaching adviser with VETPAW as you already know from the previous repost.

The goals of Veterans Empowered To Protect African Wildlife is to provide meaningful employment to skilled veterans and conserve critically endangered African species, their communities and their ecosystems as you already know from the previous repost."

+++

I too hate to hear human beings being hurt but given a choice between a wonderful 4 legged friend and a two legged monster - this ladies solution has my support whole heartedly!!!!

Edited to add this wonderful ladies name and story

edit on 4/18/2015 by IceHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It was most likely a targeted elephant close to it's death of old age, past it's prime to mate. These kind of hunts are allowed for large amounts of money to help support the preservation of other animals and elephants. The guy who was being guided most likely paid well into the 100,000 range just to kill this thing.
The governments of the areas in question can barely fund their own social structure for people let alone the funding for keeping actual poachers out and arming their park rangers, it's sad but it's how most of the funding for wild life care taking works in Africa works.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I disagree with the "human life is always worth most", there are definite exeptions. Especially in this instance, the life of the Elephant is far more precious and in need to be protected than that of one more asshole. Good that he died, probably saved a hell of a lot of animals.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Are we wrong here to bask in the glory of this beautiful creature...

Are we at fault for saying what happened was just & right...

Maybe...

Sad that the guy died...
However...
Maybe surviving would have left him resentful and more bloodthirsty...

So I'll stick with just and right while I bask in the creatures glory.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

GOOD! Stupid, stupid, bad man.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There is a GOD

Made my day !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If that guy really wanna kill, he should go to Iraq and use his hunting skills and kill some ISIS subhumans.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If you are stupid enough to hunt an animal that big and know that it is in an aggressive mood and can't get out of the way when it charges from 50-100 meters away then you deserve what you get. ..

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

before Mr Gibson was brutally stamped to death

If Mr Gibson wasn't planning on brutally shooting the Elephant to death he wouldn't have been brutally stamped to death would he , Mr Gibson caused his own death.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Although the death of a humanbeing is not be condoned

Humans aren't going to go extinct any time soon, barring some massive intervention.

Elephants, on the other hand- they don't have that luxury.

I'm glad this person was paid in kind for his evil.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

Stop posting that #. She's just in it for the PR glamor and has no real world impact. It makes no difference, they'll kill her just as ruthlessly as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

LOL!! Perfect.
Love it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join