It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian opposition parties form anti-Putin alliance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: dragonridr

We should trade off.

Those in opposition to Putin there can come live here in the west and the people in the west who love Putin can move to Russia.

Everyone would be happy.

Hell have each move into the others houses and take over their jobs and social life.

I would pay a buck to see that.

The fact that the west will let just about anybody in especially if they work for cheap and Russia is very picky who they let in, would be a pretty good indicator of 'where it's at'.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

or the fact they cant cope with mass immigration since there isnt enough to go around.

Also they dont like people that are too different. Russia is for Russians. Screw the modern world, right. The developing one too. They care.

Where its at,....probably where everyone is flooding at the gates to get in even if to live as second class citizens...like the west.

I dont see swarms of immigrants trying to live the Russian dream, or trying to become citizens of the federation like they are for the EU.

edit on 4 18 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

or the fact they cant cope with mass immigration since there isnt enough to go around.

Also they dont like people that are too different. Russia is for Russians. Screw the modern world, right. The developing one too. They care.

Where its at,....probably where everyone is flooding at the gates to get in even if to live as second class citizens...like the west.

I dont see swarms of immigrants trying to live the Russian dream, or trying to become citizens of the federation like they are for the EU.

The only people flooding the west is from the third world. I suppose to them the west is a small step up.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Even if that were true...which it is not. I still dont see any noticeable migration into Russia, where it is most certainly NOT.

LOL

The worlds leaders and professionals of all industries, including the east come to our education centers and stay for our jobs in the fields they study here.

I dont even know how you can hold a contrary opinion founded in logic or backed by facts. I am at a loss....

???

EDIT TO ADD:
I guess the west is a step up compared to Russia where outside of Moscow, third world conditions prevail.

They still dont have running cold AND hot water in some places for crying out loud! Even our most backward and rural areas have that much....

Have you ever been to Russia?

I have not but know a few people that have.....they talk. And no they dont love the west and hate the east. They went for work and were offered to stay but said screw that, since even the best offer was not competitive enough compared to their home countries in Europe.

Not to mention that Moscow gets old from what I hear and there really isnt much else to see thats worth a damn.

But yeah....Russia is above the west as far as living standards and development.

This is comedy...pure gold.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Even if that were true...which it is not. I still dont see any noticeable migration into Russia, where it is most certainly NOT.

LOL

The worlds leaders and professionals of all industries, including the east come to our education centers and stay for our jobs in the fields they study here.

I dont even know how you can hold a contrary opinion founded in logic or backed by facts. I am at a loss....

???

EDIT TO ADD:
I guess the west is a step up compared to Russia where outside of Moscow, third world conditions prevail.

They still dont have running cold AND hot water in some places for crying out loud! Even our most backward and rural areas have that much....

Have you ever been to Russia?

I have not but know a few people that have.....they talk. And no they dont love the west and hate the east. They went for work and were offered to stay but said screw that, since even the best offer was not competitive enough compared to their home countries in Europe.

Not to mention that Moscow gets old from what I hear and there really isnt much else to see thats worth a damn.

But yeah....Russia is above the west as far as living standards and development.

This is comedy...pure gold.

There is no mass migration to Russia because it is too difficult to get in. People are not going to the west due to a high demand of the western way of life, they are choosing the west simply because it is easier to get in, get money and send it back to their homeland. Most have no ambition to live our way of life. That much we know for sure.

Because western governments allow foreigners to take over certain job sectors and push down western-born wages, you give them credit?

I cannot see you position. I really do not understand it. What do you value as a "better" way of life here in the west. What do we have over Russia?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Oh and BTW. I am 35 and I grew up in rural Canada with no plumbing. AND I WAS HAPPY!

Maybe you value fruity things like powder for your nose in front of a nice vanity. Just know that not everyone is like you.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah I like running hot water, electricity that doesnt go out....functioning plumbing. You know vanity

And as far as easier getting in....the West has two huge oceans between it that kill many thousands that try to float over to the US OR Europe....and a desert that kills many thousands from getting into the US....yet people try.

Russia has land connections to some of the most impoverished parts of the world, yet people dont go....

Also, Professionals tend to FLY IN to countries they go to live in. They arent flying to Russia in waves thats for damned sure...LOL

As if the obstruction of natural barriers is what kept people out of Russia. LOL

Enjoy. Have the last word or whatever.

You just argued that the quality of life and pay as being better in Russia than the west.....enjoy!

(post by AdamuBureido removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yeah I like running hot water, electricity that doesnt go out....functioning plumbing. You know vanity

And as far as easier getting in....the West has two huge oceans between it that kill many thousands that try to float over to the US OR Europe....and a desert that kills many thousands from getting into the US....yet people try.

Russia has land connections to some of the most impoverished parts of the world, yet people dont go....

Also, Professionals tend to FLY IN to countries they go to live in. They arent flying to Russia in waves thats for damned sure...LOL

As if the obstruction of natural barriers is what kept people out of Russia. LOL

Enjoy. Have the last word or whatever.

You just argued that the quality of life and pay as being better in Russia than the west.....enjoy!

First People do cross the border into Russia. However the catch is they are treated diffrent. Even hostile by the public and usually end up leaving do to little opportunity for non Russians. As far as rural areas yes most westerners would be shocked if they travel outside major cities. For the most part most areas have running water but a lot of farm areas do not. Russia is a country caught in two worlds.

People in cities want western lifestyle they enjoy dining out dancing clothes and we'll all the stuff of the modern world. In rural areas things havnt changed much for over a hundred years there is a clash between these two lifestyles. So Russia is an odd mix of people that want to be more like the west and see capitalist as there rile model. And people who believe Russia should return to their roots basically the poor. The poor far out number upper and middle class. So in Russia it's a 3rd world country were many want more. People on major cities are no diffrent than any European city well except they can't make a decent pizza. Trust me I looked but it's the upper and middle class that's a threat to Putin.

These are the ones that were protesting in the streets only a couple of years ago.For now nationalism will keep them at bay but only temporarily.

We see Putins starting to have control issues again people don't realize these position parties are really risking their lives to speak out. Many people aren't willing to take the risk including family I have there. It's easier to play the game and pretend your for Putin than risk his wrath. We see he isn't above killing people and that 2 as the point he was trying to make and the message was received.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

We should trade off.

Those in opposition to Putin there can come live here in the west and the people in the west who love Putin can move to Russia.

Everyone would be happy.

Hell have each move into the others houses and take over their jobs and social life.

The fact that the west will let just about anybody in especially if they work for cheap and Russia is very picky who they let in, would be a pretty good indicator of 'where it's at'.

We've talked in the past you see things from a middle eastern slant but let me ask a simple question would you want Russia in charge of the middle east? What was there approach in afganistan for example did they try to make friends with the people or did they dictate to them like overlords. Russians are not known for a friendly demeanor and they treat there immagrents with disdain and mistrust. If you are not white things in Russia are hard I've seen it racism is severe there. And things are acceptable there that would get you arrested in western cultures. My uncle stopped me from getting involved in a situation on the street of Moscow afraid my German passport wouldn't protect me from the authorities. But I watched 5 Russians beat down 2 black men in a club because they came in for a drink.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

We should trade off.

Everyone would be happy.

We've talked in the past you see things from a middle eastern slant but let me ask a simple question would you want Russia in charge of the middle east?

That is too big of a question. If it is one or the other, sure, let the US police the ME, they have all the credit with the petrodollar and all. But talking to and treating the world like idiots, like we can't or should't see (for our own benefit?) what is really going on here, is unacceptable.

Russians are not known for a friendly demeanor and they treat there immagrents with disdain and mistrust. If you are not white things in Russia are hard I've seen it racism is severe there. And things are acceptable there that would get you arrested in western cultures. My uncle stopped me from getting involved in a situation on the street of Moscow afraid my German passport wouldn't protect me from the authorities. But I watched 5 Russians beat down 2 black men in a club because they came in for a drink.

Here in Vancouver there was a gang of young men that beat up a homosexual. It happened more than once. A gang of Vietnamese teens jumped and killed an east Indian boy.
Is Vancouver known globally as a racist and homophobic city given it's violent history?

Racism is everywhere. If we are going to start sanctioning nations who's people commit hate crimes then it boggles my mind why we would be so close with the India, China , Israel, .SA etc.

(post by Expat888 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well let's bring this full circle and back on topic. In the article they mentioned anti Putin groups banding together. Now I know there is alot if groups that don't like Putin for many diffrwnt reason's. Some they see him as a threat to civil liberties. Than other groups don't like the way he's handling capitalist reforms Russian capitolism is diffrent and they take free market economies to the extremes. You can literally find someone to do anything for money. The only thing that prevents certain things is fear of the government.

But i think the real danger is igniting the middle class again. These people hit the streets before and now they are seeing their wages cut pensions disapear and savings go up in smoke. These people wanting the Amarican dream so to speak. So what happens when the people want change will it be violent since Putin is shouting down other ways to express themselves.
edit on 4/19/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Yes Vancouver is getting bad but you missed the point of the story. I was going to intervien on there behalf. My uncle was worried I'd be arrested not for fighting. He was worried that I'd be taken to jail with them and just like he called it the police came in picked the two guys beaten to a pulp and arrested them. There is no fear of the police in Russia for doing anything to immagrants or gays for that matter. People will beat someone up post the video bragging and the police look the other way.

This is why nationalism is dangerous because it leads people to believe they are somehow protecting Russia from deviants etc. And this means they have the right to do what ever they want to a non Russian. We see it even in foreign policy. It's ok for Russia to invade it's neighbors because Russia needs a buffer zone to protect itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Sorry OP

This thread is BS, more accurately BBC BS

Those 2 parties are like two small bugs getting together

No real power no real support from people

But of course guys like you and Tadaman and Rocker wouldn't know that because your info comes from western MSM

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Read post above

edit on 19-4-2015 by MensaIT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Read post above and follow directions

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

This thread is BS, more accurately BBC BS

Care to provide anything that shows the OP differently, because just calling it BS doesn't do it?

But of course guys like you and Tadaman and Rocker wouldn't know that because your info comes from western MSM

Unlike all the truth coming from Russian media.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
they not teamed, they stuck as dogs

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
hasn't putin got a 90% approval rating or something like that. I watched a program on the rising nationalism in Russia and the guy is seen as a hero over there , especially among the young. It was bbc so not russian propaganda. The rise of far right nationalism in Russia is scary, well it scared me. His army of young supporters are a bunch of violent thugs, who would eat the obama youth for breakfast. They feel they are being humiliated by sanctions and seem to hate the west with a passion.

Seriously, my money is on him. He says what he means and means what he says. Not too many men can say that. Yeah I know there will be a lot of softies out there but, he is a strong man and there's no getting over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join