It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Trainers' Arrive in Ukraine for Operation Fearless Guardian

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, well. Sound familiar?

Nearly 300 U.S. soldiers have arrived in Ukraine to act as 'trainers' for the county's newly-formed National Guard as part of what is being called Operation Fearless Guardian.

The operation involving paratroopers will last for six months, according to a statement by the U.S. Army on Friday.

The article here:

www.commondreams.org...

...contains a link to the statement by the US Army.

As for those without a knowlege of recent history:

And Columnist and author Eric Margolis wrote earlier this year that the sending of the purported trainers was part of "the march to folly in Ukraine":

The US soldiers will just be for training, and the number of GI’s will be modest, claim US military sources. Of course. Just like those small numbers of American "advisors" and "trainers" in Vietnam that eventually grew to 550,000. Just as there are now US special forces in over 100 countries. We call it "mission creep."

The comments are worth reading.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is a BAD idea ,I think.
Unless the Ukraine people are backing this I don't see it as anything but unneccessary provocation that will put the US on a collision course with Russia.
I don't doubt we could take them on and win I just don't see it as wise.
I wonder what the people of Russia would say mostly.
THIS TIME if it does happen we would HAVE to rebuild the country after we bankrupted them out of the cold war.
edit on 18-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yaaawwwnnn.. same # .. different day ... as usual uncle scam sticking grubby little fingers in everybodies pie ....

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

this is exactly how Viet Nam started. first just "observers/advisers" to help allies. then next thing you know the US is fully engaged and taking the forefront of the war. a war i might add that was lost in the end. so could this be the next "Viet Nam" in the making?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Right I've got nothing against Yanks, my gradfather was one, I think you are good for the world, many Brits even back you in Iraq, Afghanistan myself included. Ok.

This move by the US government of placing 300 troops (whatever their role) into Ukraine is totally insane

Russia is a great country, like China, USA. It has its backyard, its near abroad. The Russian population also have their pride. This is not going to go down well with the Kremlin. It is two fingers to Putin and their will be a response in kind. Do you really want to poke the bear? This is as stupid as it gets. I am stuneed with the stupidity of the US government. Russia has to respond to this. I just hope the US government understands that there will be a response.

If Russia was to send a force of 300 Russian paratroops to Mexico or Canada to train their forces to fight US people how would the USA government react? Especially after the Russians had formented the overthrow of the previous regimes...............

This a a stupid move USA. I can only expect your big business military industrial complex is actively pushing for a new cold war, maybe the Russians want one too

edit on 18-4-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ukraine invited the US, and other allies, to assist them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Whether Russia likes it or not, Ukraine is NOT THEIRS. They do not get to decide what military allegiances Ukraine has, who goes there, who trains their military or who assists their people and government.

This is the fundamental problem with the thinking in Russia, and here amongst those resolutely critical of everything the US does - Ukraine does not belong to Russia. It does not have a say, it does not have any right to be dictating to any country who they can or cannot associate with.

The Russian mentality is that they have a "right" to all these territories, that they should all bow down to Putin and the Kremlin, that they are satellite states of the former USSR and somehow this gives them some claim of ownership. Let me say it again, Ukraine is a sovereign nation and Russia has absolutely no right to be b**ching about the US assisting an ally against an occupation and invasion of their territory.

And here's a novel idea... maybe, just maybe, if you don't want the US on "your doorstep", stop invading other countries, threatening other countries, and forcing those countries to move closer to the west for defensive reasons. Maybe if Putin had not invaded Ukraine and stolen a chunk of their territory, all these former Soviet states would not all now be clambering to get support from the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Ukraine invited the US, and other allies, to assist them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

USA were behind the coup in Kiev that deposed the democratic government. Now your guys in you ask yourselves to be let in. This is wrong and think about it from a Russian perspective, they are not going to be too happy about Yanks on their border in the ancestral home of their state. It is not going to go down well with Russia. Expect a response

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

edit on Sat Apr 18 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: post removed ....personal uinformation

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, they are in a war zone, shame is something happened to them.

It is OFFICIAL the US has DEPLOYED SOLDIERS to UKRAINE. Cannot deny it now, doesn't matter what their ROLE is, they are US SOLDIERS in UKRAINE.

America is now part of the Ukraine War. You picked a side, shame if it were brought home to your backyard by rebels.

Frankly, the sooner these SOLDIERS return in body bags, the sooner the message will be clearer to the US people.

edit on 18-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
a reply to: FyreByrd

this is exactly how Viet Nam started. first just "observers/advisers" to help allies. then next thing you know the US is fully engaged and taking the forefront of the war. a war i might add that was lost in the end. so could this be the next "Viet Nam" in the making?

Except this time you are up against a well armed military with a backbone.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Interesting this is NOT under the flag of NATO, but the US flag.

Given all the huff puff coming out of NATO, they seem to be sitting back on this one, officially.

edit on 18-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
USA were behind the coup in Kiev that deposed the democratic government.

Prove it.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Frankly, the sooner these SOLDIERS return in body bags, the sooner the message will be clearer to the US people.

You mean like all those Russian military returning home from their invasion of Ukraine and buried in secret, while their families demand answers?

As reported by RUSSIAN journalists who were threatened and assaulted when they attempted to investigate all the graves of the soldiers who were supposedly never in Ukraine.

Personally, even though the USA has sent troops to assist their ALLY in planning and training, and they're not there to fight, I hope every Russian soldier currently in Ukraine is sent back to his Fatherland in a body bag, maybe then Russia will learn not to invade other countries?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Right I've got nothing against Yanks, my gradfather was one, I think you are good for the world, many Brits even back you in Iraq, Afghanistan myself included. Ok.

This move by the US government of placing 300 troops (whatever their role) into Ukraine is totally insane

Russia is a great country, like China, USA. It has its backyard, its near abroad. The Russian population also have their pride. This is not going to go down well with the Kremlin. It is two fingers to Putin and their will be a response in kind. Do you really want to poke the bear? This is as stupid as it gets. I am stuneed with the stupidity of the US government. Russia has to respond to this. I just hope the US government understands that there will be a response.

If Russia was to send a force of 300 Russian paratroops to Mexico or Canada to train their forces to fight US people how would the USA government react? Especially after the Russians had formented the overthrow of the previous regimes...............

This a a stupid move USA. I can only expect your big business military industrial complex is actively pushing for a new cold war, maybe the Russians want one too

I agree with you. The US and Westerners would never accept this being done in Mexico or Ireland by Russia. And arguably, Russia has a right to be concerned and to take steps to counter the threat.

Obviously the US is threatening Russia through current moves in their backyard so to speak.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Interesting this is NOT under the flag of NATO, but the US flag.

Given all the huff puff coming out of NATO, they seem to be sitting back on this one, officially.

Just wait until Russia threatens a Nato member.
Remember the reason Nato was founded - an attack on one is an attack on all.
Nato is already preparing for a potential confrontation in a Nato country, if Russia gives it a reason to act it most certainly will.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

NATO is a defensive pact. Ukraine is not a NATO member. So why would this be under NATO? That said other NATO members have already sent trainers to Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Lol, I wish Russia would send 300 paratroopers to train Mexico or Canada.

Neither would want them, or their training.

It is Russia's own fault their neighbors don't like them.

How can you expect to systematically attack and annex your neighbors for nearly a century going now, and expect them not to turn to someone else for protection from your tender mercies?

It really is that easy to solve.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well, they are in a war zone, shame is something happened to them.

It is OFFICIAL the US has DEPLOYED SOLDIERS to UKRAINE. Cannot deny it now, doesn't matter what their ROLE is, they are US SOLDIERS in UKRAINE.

America is now part of the Ukraine War. You picked a side, shame if it were brought home to your backyard by rebels.

It is nothing short of evil that you are speaking of to want any life to end and 'return in body bags'. I wish no grief like that on anyone. And it is likely people with attitudes like yours..and men from this scene that are running the show right now, though, unfortunately.

www.youtube.com...

That is just a movie clip, and MK Ultra is just a story. But censorship is real, and so is history. So is today. I know that much. And sometimes no matter how many records are burned and destroyed or lost or people silenced, the Truth still will come out.
edit on 18-4-2015 by TwoRavens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Us putting 300 troops isn't up to Russia it's up to Ukraine and nobody's going to war with Russia.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

USA were behind the coup in Kiev that deposed the democratic government. Now your guys in you ask yourselves to be let in. This is wrong and think about it from a Russian perspective, they are not going to be too happy about Yanks on their border in the ancestral home of their state. It is not going to go down well with Russia. Expect a response

Can you prove that?

That was rhetorical, obviously you can't.

There is no evidence the US helped to overthrow the Kiev gov.

From all available evidence, it was a citizens uprising, in response to the gov that was in fact backed by Moscow, this can be proven, going back on its word to move the country closer to NATO and instead take it back towards Moscow.

Which the people do not want.

Who would?

Russia sucks, really bad, unless you are one of the oligarchs that can do whatever you want.

Since their country us actually ran exactly like the mob.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join