It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does evil generally triumph over good?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Trying to view life through the good/evil paradigm is akin to blocking all your senses, cutting off the blood flow to your brain, and then claiming you know the truth about anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

This pretty much sums it up, IMO.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blastoff
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

This pretty much sums it up, IMO.

Who are the good men and what defines them as "good"

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

That's a good question, but I believe we all have our individual answers inside us.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Blastoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

In a way, you've kind of already answered your question in the OP.

And that's Money triumphs over Everything

You can look at it from the very top lording their power over the 99%
Or you can see it from the wealthiest person in the trailer park who gets more say than others

Part of the problem is the wealthy that do "good" actions, pretty much give a great deal of their riches to any number of various "good" causes, where the wealthy that do the more "evil" actions tend to purely re-direct their money into whatever is making them richer and more powerful.

So in this way, EVIL can be considered selfish and Good selfless.
But with good being selfless, their actual monetary riches usually diminish over time, leaving them less powerful than the ones who have selfishly built upon their wealth.

Now, hopefully, whatever causes the good have donated to spreads more good choices and makes actual improvements in the world. There are actually numerous incidences of this. Unfortunately, money sometimes runs out.

But the selfish wealthy have only strengthened their vaults and get to manage a far more consistent, steady run of the actions we know as evil in perpetuity.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No, the good become what they need to become. It's a high price but someone has to pay it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I used to matter of factly think that good would prob. win over evil in the end. Its good after all, rt? Then I took into account of all the evil people and events in the world, and when they succeeded...even for a moment...they triumphed.

Now Im of the opinion that if there is anything in the world and beyond thats positive and good...or if you believe in a GOD....no matter how bad or evil and terrible things get...if there is a "good"...then it would have to prevail over evil in the end.

So....confusedly....Im not sure. I think as long as there is both....there will also always be a balance.

Ive also heard it said if there was no evil or bad in the world...man wouldn't appreciate life...and take it for granted.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Does evil generally triumph over good?

Down here it does.

The trick is not to succumb to it, not go along with it and yes, not fight it. Whether you go with to or fight against it you fall into evils trap.

Just be the little good that you can wherever your are.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Socrates, in Protagoras, a man that knows good cannot choose to do evil, so no one intentionally chooses evil knowing it to be so.
This can be used in explaining the morality of Heinrich Himmler. He was head of the Gestapo, Reichsfuhrer of the SS, Minister of the interior, and overseeer of the death camps in WW2. He believed and said it many times he and the rest of Germany have the duty to kill the Jews. On the other hand, he would punish with the threat of death any of his men he caught stealing from the Jews. "We had the moral right, the duty", Himmler insists, "to kill this which wanted to kill us. But we do not have the right to enrich ourselves."
He remained a moralist to the end. Himmler had a twisted and dark morality, but he did not think what he was doing was wrong, bad, wicked, or evil.

So in answer to the OP question, yes and no. some people see it as evil prevailing, and some see it as good prevailing. But what matters is what you do to enrich your your own life, because you have to live with yourself.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Sillyosaurus because:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Read the Psalms written by David. They aften go into this subject, how the evil always seem to triumph over the righteous. Its important to know, that their reward is limited to this age where Satan rules earth. But, in the last Judgement, everyone (great and small) will have to answer for the works of their flesh, rather than resting their faith in Christ, who shares the gifts of His rightousness with His flock.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Its also importand to distinguish between Divine Righteousness and good-evil. Divine Righteousness is the absolute form of what humans like to think of as good, the only difference is, its rooted is justice, love, and forgiveness. Good-evil is what every human is now born with, and it comes from the Knowledge of Good and Evil. In this context, good and evil are two sides of the same coin...arrogance. People have waged wars and eradicated entire cultures for the justification of their own good. In a like manor, nations have risen against nations to "stop the spread of evil". In reality, one man's good is another man' evil. In light of that observation, it is clear to me that no man can learn Divine Righteousness. It must be given upon faith in Christ.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Interesting, you say that this is the age where Satan rules the Earth. So when will the age of Christ be?
You seem to be a believer of life after death and karma. Maybe it is true that the earth is just
an illusionary plane where humans congregate.

I have read texts from ancient indian, chinese or western philosophies and it is actually eerily similar what their
thoughts about the humans world is about. All of them agree that there is life after death, one has to pay his dues
and that there are different planes in life, you evolve to higher planes by doing good and move lower to planes that are more illusionary and filled with desires if you do bad.

Maybe the evil doers only triumph in this plane of existence but when their time is up they would go to a place where more suffering exists. I have always thought that life is fleeting, maybe it was designed to be this way. 70-80 years seem a lot as a child but in a blink of an eye it passes in a moment's notice.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The Age of Christ as King will come at the end of the 70th Week. From my viewpoint, that is 7 years after the Rapture of the Church. After the 1,000 years of Christ's. Kingdom, Satan will have one last shot at decieving humanity (50 years from my research), then the final Judgement will come. Once everyone is Judged (Righteous or good-evil) then Christ's Kingdom will be handed to His Father and peace will abound for eternity. The Eternal State will begin with the destruction of the universe, and the creation of a more elaborate one.

There is a spiritual realm, so in that context, you can call the Atomic realm an illusion or hologram.

The Final Judgement is not what I would call karma. Its based on faith vs works. Did you rely on the work of Christ on the cross as payment for our sins, or did you rely on the works of your good-evil nature??? That is the criteria.

There is much controversy over the timing of these events, but my research leads me to believe Christ will establish His Kingdom in 2023. I have multiple threads on the subject. Here is one if you're interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People will default to saying, "Didn't Christ say no man knows the day or hour of His return?" To that I say that Jesus will cut the final day of the tribulation (of the 70th Week) short for the sake of the elect (Matt 24:22).

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Good triumph but it sometimes takes thousands of years

God is ok with it because it is immortal

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Not if it is up to me!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join