It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does evil generally triumph over good?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My question, does being evil makes you more powerful and in a sense than being good?
We can look at society to derive this conclusion, there are evil politicians, corporate fat cats,
secret societies and drug cartels all for their unselfish means of money, power and status and there are ridiculously rich
because of what they do while the masses suffer working long hours for a low wages.

The world's richest person is no surprise a very evil person (Sir Evelyn Rothschild) and he has trillions of dollars of wealth
stashed in gold vaults and hidden bank accounts. How did he get that kind of money? Through orchestrating wars and selling weapons to
both sides of the country. Spreading false rumours on the stock market and causing it to crash bankrupting the masses while making him immensely rich.

Drug cartels in Mexico are also incredibly powerful, so much so that the government and police are literally unable to touch them. Their business are worth billions a year and they have a whole army of well trained mercenaries some who are elite military personnel and defected to join them because of higher pay. Private jets, whole arsenal of weapons, the latest technology, you name it they have it or they can buy it.

So does good still triumph evil, or is the dark side too immensely powerful?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think it is life. You can be "good" and have everything you need. You can be "bad" and have everything you want. What makes an action good, bad, or evil? Honestly it is what director you are looking. You make your own lining, life. And you do what you can to do what is important to yourself. Good and evil are words. Take it as you will but matters is what you do.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 18-4-2015 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I believe good people get the # end of the stick .
Been evil makes you money faster , by not caring who you trample on .
I also think all billionaires are evil .
All the poor babies dying in the world , and I'm not just talking third world .
How can people who could really make a difference just stand by and not even be bothered is beyond me.
But I believe in karma , so what goes around comes around .

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

Your question: "Does evil generally triumph over good?"

The answer is NO...evil does not triumph over good...because externally goodness wins and evil loses.

The people that are rich or not rich and choose to be evil...when they die...their money stays here on earth in this 3rd dimension and they arrive at the eternal darkness of nothingness.

The good people arrive at a place of peace, white light and eternal goodness.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Society is decaying and in general its a safe bet that evil always triumphs till it becomes so bad wars are fought, people are killed.

Christians believe it will get so bad that only Christ can stop it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For the individual who only think of themselves and ego being manipulative and having a lower moral compass will in fact be more beneficial to fit in with the majority of people and getting the highest rewards on this level of being.

But the backside is that you will never reach the energetic body bliss if you are a person who so not have the higher level morality compass. The bliss and wanting symbiosis of all beings seem to go hand in hand.

I have my own idea of how the karma (debt of action towards others) work and I will not go Sir Evelyn Rothschild or similar route since I think I have understood the price everyone will have to pay for their actions. I do not believe in the Christian faith hell but believe there is a kind of hell we can all create for ourselves. My kind of thinking is for some souls more gentle than the Christian hell idea. But for some souls it will even be worse than the Christian hell idea.

We get in the end what we deserve. Some will create divine blessing for themselves, some will create future enslavement to debt that have to be payed back to be free. A 100 years on earth for some and blessings for thousands of years. A 100 years on earth for some a curse for million of years for some. Total objective ruling have no mercy. You get exactly what you deserve. Nothing less, nothing more. The balance in the ledger must be paid.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Look at who makes up most the politicians

I say you have your awnsor

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
I think it is life. You can be "good" and have everything you need. You can be "bad" and have everything you want. What makes an action good, bad, or evil? Honestly it is what director you are looking. You make your own lining, life. And you do what you can to do what is important to yourself. Good and evil are words. Take it as you will but matters is what you do.

I agree if we talk about subjective good and evil then I agree. I do not agree if we talk on objective good and evil. Objective good and evil is like a scientific formula that can be calculated by a logical mind by seeing how an action propagate thru society.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I believe good people get the # end of the stick .
Been evil makes you money faster , by not caring who you trample on .
I also think all billionaires are evil .
All the poor babies dying in the world , and I'm not just talking third world .
How can people who could really make a difference just stand by and not even be bothered is beyond me.
But I believe in karma , so what goes around comes around .

Some do try and make a difference.

Problem is unless you have power along with those billions your stuck.

Throwing money at a problem rarely solves anything as the corrupt governments suck up most of it.

Hence you need political power too, but those with money AND power tend to be the evil bastards like the rothchilds.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

There is no good or evil only differing opinions of right and wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Rich evil people have a price to pay. And it's constant paranoia, trust and loyalty issues, high taxes and the bull# that comes with trying to avoid them, no "true" friends, just a bunch of yes men, no woman, at least one that won't gouge him the back while sleeping and one who actually gives a # because she's an evil biatch too to be with him, constant territorial pissings and ultimately an empty soul. Oh and one more thing, the bigger you are, the harder you fall. Loose 400 points on the market = blowing your brains out.

Poor people are actually the happiest. Believe it or not, it's true. Nigeria was voted the most happiest at one point and if you ever went to Cuba, those people really know how to party. Your entire perception changes when your broke your entire life. Money doesn't buy you happiness but you park your yacht next to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Good and bad can be considered the same thing, but there is definitely good and evil.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No it doesn't, in my opinion. If I didn't live in a (mostly) free nation like England and lived somewhere like Sudan, DR Congo or Northern Mexico I might have a different opinion.

If we pull our perspective away from individual nations or people and maybe look down on Earth from a continental POV, it seems that most of humanity live good lives. This suggests that 'good' far exceeds 'evil' in the world and must, therefore, be triumphing.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

When I read your title my immediate thought was 'depends on how much money is thrown towards a desire'. But when I saw you give Sir Evelyn Rothschild as an example I know instinct was right.

What shows evil in my country is the giving of a respectable title of sir by our equally disgusting and evil monarchy to a man who deserves a very different title considering his tendrils crawl into every means of exploiting ordinary people.

When it comes to good surely that's that little voice or inner feeling most would claim to have had at some time or even regularly eve, that some act or thought is damaging to someone else. Also there's the inner glow of doing something gallant or simply nice to help someone else without being asked or even needing to bother.

I suspect evil has to be thought about or a conscious act whilst I do believe that goodness is actually a naturally occurring thing within humans. The pressures on life put there by men like rothschild and his ilk, who seek only to exploit, in many ways dictate our lives within the rat-race where our basic humanity gets challenged above our efforts to survive this ever more ghastly financial hold over us.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I like to say that there is no "good" or "evil". The world, you know, isn't black and white. It's the matter of perception.

And how do you define good or evil? Are the "evil" people ones that you disagree with, or the ones who the society disagrees? Or perhaps both?

“There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to seek it.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

Come on!

You are saying that someone raping child isn't necessarily bad because it depends on perception?

That murdering innocent people like certain armies do isn't bad because it depends on perception?

There are people in this world who are confusing us on what is good and bad.

To answer to the OP, bad is winning in my opinion. For now...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Yes, bitsforbytes, I must say I agree with your last paragraph.

Can't wait till the pendulum swings the other way. Hope it happens in my lifetime.

Kindest Regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Perhaps there is no such things as good and evil, its all about how we perceive the actions that we see. One mans evil is another mans good, What most people see as "good" is often something that helps to make the world a safer place so "good" can be seen as something that supports the survival of the larger amount of people. So I believe "good" will always win
edit on 18-4-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join