It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bublé' in hot water for Instagram post

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't usually get goaded into posting sensationalist stories that lack substance, but I'll make an exception this time. Why? Because the deeper issue behind stories like these needs to be discussed.

Here is the story that caught my attention. In short: singer Michael Buble's wife took a picture of him somewhere with a woman in the background who happened to be wearing short shorts, and after seeing the photo, he posted it on Instagram with the caption "There was something about this photo lu took, that seemed worthy of Instagram. #myhumps #babygotback #hungryshorts #onlyinmiami #picoftheday #beautifulbum".

Given the myriad of Social Justice Warriors (SJWs) posting on social media, I'm sure you can imagine the sort of backlash he has received. Since the post, he has been called "sexist" and a "misogynist" and was forced to issue an apology. I'm sure this temporary annoyance will not harm his reputation as a talented signer or lead to a boycott of his work, but the stigma now associated with him as being supposedly sexist will haunt him for a time to come.

The deeper issue of course, is that while the number of these types of stories increases, there will eventually be a strong push for law reform in regards to posting anything that might be considered "offensive, sexist, misogynist" etc.. It's already happening with "racist rants" on public transport.

Who wants to live in a society that punishes you for thought crimes? After all, you cannot control all your thoughts and feelings and while it's true that you are not forced to post stuff that could be considered offensive, you should not have to walk on egg shells worrying that something you think or say could be deemed offensive by others. That is not the definition of a free, civilised society.
edit on 17/4/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
She was wearing shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house. She wouldn't have worn shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house if she didn't want people to notice that she was wearing shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house.

She got a lot more attention than she bargained for. So do "The People Of Wal-Mart" I don't see the SJW witching and moaning about those people.

Nope. It's what gets the most attention. Nobody cares about The People Of Wal-Mart so acting like you're taking up for them does not get you the attention that taking up for a woman who wore shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house does.

The young lady got the attention she wanted. SJW got the attention they wanted.

This is what we like to call a win/win scenario.
edit on 4/17/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't get the controversy? What did he say that was so upsetting?

ETA: Wait...he isn't allowed to notice a nice butt on a woman? I don't want to live in this world anymore.
edit on 2015/4/17 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yaaaaawwwwnn.. another pointless firstworld problem ... its no wonder society imploding over there with all the pointless rubbish people waste time getting worked up over ..

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He was admiring what she had put on show and now he's being crucified for it. More ridiculousness from the PC crowd and the SJW crowd. Just something to get uptight about when you can't find anything else, is my guess.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

People can't be upset in a free society?
I don't agree with the people that it was all that bad.

I do think he wanted a laugh at her expense but what ever.

This is the double edged sword of social media and having a million people following you. You do in fact need to walk on eggshells.
et: I should say sometimes you do, cause you don't know how the million will react.

edit on thFri, 17 Apr 2015 21:40:28 -0500America/Chicago420152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm trying to figure that out myself, but by adopting the mindset of a SJW I can venture a guess: sex objectification of women, bullying, harassment, mockery etc..

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No offense to the OP, but this is what the world has become. Stupid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

She was wearing shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house. She wouldn't have worn shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house if she didn't want people to notice that she was wearing shorts that shouldn't have been worn out of the house.

OMG girl !

You always have a way with words !

Damn near pee'd my pants laughing at how you so bluntly stated them there facts... as facts.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's the truth!!

People kill me, dressing to kill and then crying foul when someone notices. It's beyond ridiculous lol. Leave the house with 5 inches of cleavage showing then becoming offended when the bag boy didn't look you in the eye first....

On the bright side I am glad someone remembered that I am a woman. I fully expect someone to come in later and scream about how sexist I am before they see your post.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
He violated political correctness laws.

Burn him at the stake!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

They are in denial of the important going on elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Who cares? Really who cares? This cr%p is for people that don't have their own lives. They probably have way more to worry about in their daily lives that they ignore and use this kind of cr&p as a reason to ignore what they should be paying attention to. These are the distractions that people get so consumed with when in reality they should learn to mind their own affairs, which are probably a mess.

Edit: This is why the World is so f%#&%d
edit on 24249Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
*sigh*

People need to stop thinking their opinions are more important than anyone else's.

Just because someone does something you don't like, doesn't make them wrong, it just means your little world-view is wrapped around your head too tightly to accept someone else's choices.

"It takes an educated mind to entertain an idea, without accepting it". -Aristotle.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh FFS. I'm sick of this bullcrap, she has a nice ass. I'm a woman, and that's a nice ass. There, now any feminist that wants to complain can have an aneurysm because I don't care. Baby got back & knows it or she wouldn't wear those.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What a terrible human being.
How dare he.
That is like something Hitler would do.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

If all people with instagram accounts were flayed alive and then thrown into a pit of wolves, we wouldn't have any of these silly things to bother us.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You know, it is actually a necessity for her to have a bottom because otherwise her legs would fall off.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You know, it is actually a necessity for her to have a bottom because otherwise her legs would fall off.

Ack.. just choked on my beer .. good one ...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
While I don't think this is a huge deal at all (I don't think he should have gotten crucified for it), I did like the comment one of his followers had, asking him if he would have said to her face what he put on Instagram for millions of people to read. Well, would he have? The point being, don't say something about someone that you wouldn't be willing to say to their face. It's something I try very hard to live by (don't always succeed, but I try), and maybe others should too. Just sayin'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join