It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Underground Tunnels Connecting Wal-Marts Throughout The South

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Who said it must have been kept secret all the time, at all costs? And who would bother anyway?

J. Ventura did some research on this topic (skip to 9:30):

More underground-roadtrip here:

Huge, pretty impressive btw. But I doubt Walmart has to sit straight on top of any entrance to use these tunnels, especially when they use them only for emergency-purposes. Why should Walmart conduct its daily business underground? I don't see any valid argument in all of this, but that's just me beeing in my head anyway.

I don't even see any point in trying to cover any of this up. It would be more than adequate to just keep the mouth shut about it, literally. You could keep things easily from public by simply not reporting them at fox-news or any other mainstream media, if you get my point.

edit on 19-4-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: Daedal

Well this LINK sure is interesting!

The five stores — two in Texas, one in California, one in Oklahoma, and another in Florida — were all closed on Monday without advance notice to shoppers or the thousands of affected employees. At each of the stores, the reason given for the closures — which are estimated to last upwards of six months — was problems with plumbing.
However, some local officials are questioning the veracity of this claim.
In Pico Rivera, CA, the City Manager tells CBS Los Angeles that he was blindsided by the closure, which affects more than 500 workers in the area. As of yesterday, he said that the city hadn’t received any permit requests from the store.
A Walmart plumbing technician, one of the 400 employees who could be out of work until the holidays, tells the station that the plumbing explanation lacks credibility.
“Even if they had to replace the whole sewer line, it wouldn’t take six months to replace a whole sewer line in that store,” he says.

"A Walmart plumbing technician"

Sorry, but what the hell is that? Is this guy an employee of the store? Some kind of facilities guy? A private contractor who has done work in that store?

Meh, the whole thing strikes me as much ado about nothing. If anything, they are losing money in those stores and they want an excuse to shut them down and pay out less to the employees. Watch. Over time the story will change, and they won't even re-open these stores.

The simple answer is usually the correct one, and the most simple answers revolve around money 99% of the time. Follow the money and you'll find your answers.

Walmart is a disgusting chain, always has been. It represents the worst of what America has become. Americans selling trashy Made-in-China garbage products to other Americans. The country would be much better off if the whole chain went down the toilet.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

As a former Wal-Mart manager, I can say with absolute certainty, that no, Wal-Mart does not employ their own "plumbing technicians", especially at the store level. All plumbing work is contracted out.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

As a former Wal-Mart manager, I can say with absolute certainty, that no, Wal-Mart does not employ their own "plumbing technicians", especially at the store level. All plumbing work is contracted out.

Thank you. You've just confirmed that the opinions of that guy in the article are more likely to be useless.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley
The simple answer is usually the correct one, and the most simple answers revolve around money 99% of the time. Follow the money and you'll find your answers.

And that's exactly why I see a high probability for Walmart, beeing just as greedy as Walmart, and thus most def part in every aspect of this. At least if you ask them.

Lots of profit in every inch of one of them tunnels... as long as some Black Budget will come up for this, ya know - national security stuff, there would be no need to think twice about taking cashloads of money for having any part in this. Why should Walmart pay for any infrastructure to build up their emergency supply-chain-services, or whatever hell of a deal may be part of their trade here...

Which coincidentally confirms the rest of your posting as well, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Congrats for that "former" in your postition as Walmart-manager, by the way. hrhr. Hell of a time, eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

And that's exactly why I see a high probability for Walmart, beeing just as greedy as Walmart, and thus most def part in every aspect of this. At least if you ask them.

Lots of profit in every inch of one of them tunnels... as long as some Black Budget will come up for this, ya know - national security stuff, there would be no need to think twice about taking cashloads of money for having any part in this. Why should Walmart pay for any infrastructure to build up their emergency supply-chain-services, or whatever hell of a deal may be part of their trade here...

As of yet I have see absolutely ZERO proof that these "tunnels" exist.

I doubt I ever will.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Congrats for that "former" in your postition as Walmart-manager, by the way. hrhr. Hell of a time, eh?

I think "Hell" would be an accurate description, yes.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

And it's not "one of them tunnels", it's "one of those tunnels".

For God's sake, learn some basic grammar skills.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

"A Walmart plumbing technician"

Sorry, but what the hell is that? Is this guy an employee of the store? Some kind of facilities guy? A private contractor who has done work in that store?

It's whoever is charged with cleaning the toilets. His name is usually
John or Mark.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: AgentSmith
You should check out the Greenbriar and in the UK the Burlington bunker. It's remarkable what you can do under people's noses without them noticing.

Both of these bunkers are in remote locations, well away from the prying eyes of the average citizen passing by or living in the area. In addition, Burlington was built within an existing quarry!

I get that people want to stretch the bounds of reason, but building a bunker on a private estate or in an existing quarry is absolutely nothing like building a "network" of tunnels underneath highly populated areas.

Hi everyone. I don't think this came up earlier in the comments, but I think the quoted comment is actually on to something. What if the entrance points to these tunnels were located in quarries? It would make sense. No one would question truck loads of material being hauled off. Most are fairly secure, with fences, plus the added security of it being a massive hole. Plus, any explosions large enough to trigger the USGS sensors are explained away as "quarry blast." Just check out the USGS earthquake reporting site and you see quarry blast listed as several reasons for the tremors. My search of all quakes under a kilometer deep in the US in the last 12 years came up with over 6000 results.
Now, if someone out there has more time and better resources than me wants to plot those events on a map they might find something interesting. If instead of falling close to fault lines they instead made a web across the US, they might see how far these caverns go...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Thank you. You've just confirmed that the opinions of that guy in the article are more likely to be useless.

Just to further clarify, who such things are contracted out to, varies by location. I won't give specific names, but in my store we used a small, local company for our plumbing, another local company for our HVAC, another for things like pressure washing our sidewalks. The only contract we had with a national company (and thus that may be contracted with all Wal-Marts nationally), was for some of our computer stuff.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't see why a tunnel couldn't be made by compressing and heating loads of rock, minerals and soil. Given the fact that over millions of years nature does it by itself via shifting tectonic plates, volcanism, geomagnetic or climatic changes etc. The mass of rock or mineral remains the same but the volume decreases and the particle density increases, an example would be Sandstone into quartzite or limestone into marble over time with pressure and heat. What if a machine could duplicate that process at incredible speeds? Obviously this is just a tunnel building theory, whether or not this has any links to walmart whatsoever remains doubtful although lucidity's story is very interesting. Also like the idea of using quarries. How difficult would it be for a major defense contractor to buy one of these and keep it running on the surface as if normal? And who spends their time observing quarries for unusual activity. Nobody does.
edit on 4/19/2015 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou
The mass of rock or mineral remains the same but the volume decreases and the particle density increases, an example would be Sandstone into quartzite or limestone into marble over time with pressure and heat.

What makes you think the volume would decrease by any significant amount?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This entire thread is a shining example of ignorance regarding civil engineering.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Let's do some simple math here, folks.

A 14' diameter tunneling project costs around $12,500 per linear foot.

That's $66,000,000 per linear mile.

The scope is tremendous.

The amount of excavated materials would be staggering.

The amount of personnel needed would be gargantuan.

The amount of inter-agency/municpal involvement would be mind-boggling.

Also, the geotechnical study would be a monumental undertaking, in and of itself. The rock medium would have to be of a specific type that is soft enough to bore through, but be able to retain the structural suitability for not collapsing in on itself.

A project like some of you are suggesting would be the greatest, most expensive civil engineering feat in the history of mankind, pulled off by an incompetent government that can't even balance a checkbook, or negotiate a treaty. Get real.

Occam's razor, people.

edit on 19-4-2015 by AllenBishop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AllenBishop

The scope is tremendous.

But it was on the internet and we all know whatever is on the internet it has to be true.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The scope is tremendous.

But it was on the internet and we all know whatever is on the internet it has to be true.

What's disgusting is that I personally worked on one of specific sites mentioned back in 2004, but that's irrelevant, because I must not have been hip to the secret sauce.

GMAFB

Deny ignorance?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllenBishop
Let's do some simple math here, folks.

A 14' diameter tunneling project costs around $12,500 per linear foot.

That's $66,000,000 per linear mile.

The scope is tremendous.

The amount of excavated materials would be staggering.

The amount of personnel needed would be gargantuan.

The amount of inter-agency/municpal involvement would be mind-boggling.

Also, the geotechnical study would be a monumental undertaking, in and of itself. The rock medium would have to be of a specific type that is soft enough to bore through, but be able to retain the structural suitability for not collapsing in on itself.

A project like some of you are suggesting would be the greatest, most expensive civil engineering feat in the history of mankind, pulled off by an incompetent government that can't even balance a checkbook, or negotiate a treaty. Get real.

Occam's razor, people.

And what is the military budget of the US? Not to mention black budgets, and drug incomes.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What's disgusting is that I personally worked on one of specific sites mentioned back in 2004, but that's irrelevant, because I must not have been hip to the secret sauce.

As I said in a prior post that I have been to many Wal Mart stores when they were being built as the company I worked for did the leveling of the concrete pads for them, and have yet to see anything that would resemble tunnels in or around any Wal Mart site.

I guess they must of made the tunnels after they built the stores...which would really be noticed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join