It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Underground Tunnels Connecting Wal-Marts Throughout The South

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
I am not going to support a false economy if I can help it.. its bad for the citizens of this country..

I do not disagree that a reduced number of manf jobs is bad for the economy but I am sure if you asked the people working at those 5 stores if that false money they were getting , no matter how small the amount, from that false economy was helping them survive they would all say yes.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: DJW001

Same way they tunneled under the English channel ,I suppose, if that is true.

Were they able the cut the Chunnel in complete secrecy?

They can pretty much do anything in "complete secrecy" these days as the majority of the mindless minions pay very little attention to anything going on around them. They barely lift their eyes off of their portable control devices and care little about anything that does not involve entertainment.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

so.. we should support the corporations who cause economic collapse of this country? Is that your solution?

We should suck it up so a handful of people can keep crap jobs instead of working toward bringing back real jobs to this country?

I think not..

you can bemoan the loss of a handful of jobs all you like.. I will bemoan the loss of thousands upon thousands of jobs, and support whatever will bring those jobs back..

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

so.. we should support the corporations who cause economic collapse of this country? Is that your solution?
you can bemoan the loss of a handful of jobs all you like.. I will bemoan the loss of thousands upon thousands of jobs, and support whatever will bring those jobs back..

I'm not bemoaning anything nor is it a few handful of jobs..
Roughly 2200 people were impacted with this situation.
What is going to be done to help those 2200 people when their paid leave runs outs in 2 months?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

2,200 jobs.. as I said.. a handful (in relative comparison)

Did you read the article?

Wal-Mart imported 720,000 containers [in 2008] of sophisticated manufactured products from overseas factories into the United States,

Walmart is actually stealing jobs from Americans, not giving them - and people buy it hook line and sinker. How many jobs do you think we would have if the products sold at walmart stores were also manufactured here? Do you understand the very real impact that would have on the economy for our betterment?

Walmart employees already have to be fed by the government, partial housing also has to be paid for by the government, out of YOUR tax dollars... you support, in many more ways than one, walmart and companies like them..they give nothing in return...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Well, tunnels and underground facilities, including secret ones, aren't anything new. Considering how Walmart moves into communities, working with local governments and forcing out smaller businesses, I could see them cooperating with something like this. Not sure it would be stores, though.

I wonder, sometimes, if they'd all be as safe as they think. Tunnels, sealed areas, all underground, and then massive quakes hit, and volcanic eruptions......

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AllenBishop

...not a shred of evidence. Not even a sliver.

Just go to page 8 and read how deep the Russians already got, there is your sliver. I would doubt any advance on their behalf in this matter.

Even more stuff to read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.globalsecurity.org...

If logics don't apply on this example we might still have not a single shred of evidence. But what's the point in arguing then anyway?

Unfortunately, the likelihood of plumbing issues is far higher than $66-million-dollar-per-mile tunneling systems connecting grocery stores.

I think you underestimate the costs "slightly", but Black Budgets seem to be astonishingly big as far as national security is concerned. If the Russians did it, you Americans did it as well. That's for sure.
edit on 20-4-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Don't be disingenuous.

Of course, there are underground structures in the United States. Cheyenne Mountain, The Greenbriar, Mt. Weather, etc.

The Black Budget is $50bil, annually.

Also, those links are great, but they provide not one single iota of evidence that there are underground tunnels connecting grocery stores.

Without some sort of evidence, this entire topic is akin to urinating up a rope.

Tunnelling is not a magical endeavor, where a robotic earthworm just pushes through the ground, and a smooth, buttery ring of glass is left behind, and instead of slurry, it leaves a trail of pixie dust, and fairy whispers.

Boring machines do not have forward observation of the extracted materials. Because of this, continuous soils/materials testing would have to be performed using indirect observations/analysis along the entire corridor of the project.

The purposes of these observations is to determine the composition of the medium being tunneled through. Boreholes would have to be cored periodically along the corridor of the tunnel. Certain mechanical properties of the medium(soil,rock, etc.) would have to be determined. These properties include compressive strength, tensile strength, shear strength, hydraulic gradients, water flows, chemical contents, soil pressures, excavability, adhesivity, seismicity, subsidence, mineralogical content/grain distribution and porosity, water content/saturation degree/permeability coefficients, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Soils/rock have inherent mechanical strengths. There is a maximum limit to the amount of shear strength through material cohesion/friction/natural stresses. This is determined through the Mohr-Coulomb theory.

Again, you cannot just throw a scorching hot-tipped device in the ground, and have it magically erase the tunnel face. Civil engineering projects are slightly more involved than just, "Well, Timmy. You reckon that's a good direction to send the magical tunnel boring machine? Yessir, I do. Sounds good. Fire her up, and set sail for the next Walmart down yonder!"

Deny ignorance much?

edit on 20-4-2015 by AllenBishop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Of course, there are underground structures in the United States. Cheyenne Mountain, The Greenbriar, Mt. Weather, etc.

Barely nothing compared to the scope of things at Yamantau Mountain:

The complex, reportedly being built by tens of thousands of workers, is said to cover an area of up to 400 square miles, the size of the Washington area inside the Beltway.

Could you provide a scource for this statement, please?

Also, those links are great, but they provide not one single iota of evidence that there are underground tunnels connecting grocery stores.

Now I see why you think I was beeing disingenous and I won't argue with you on that matter. Your point is valid, of course.

But there is still the possibility for any bigger underground-complex to exist. And it wouldn't be far-fetched to suggest Walmart may be involved in this as well, regarding their partake in emergency-management/ homeland security.

Without some sort of evidence, this entire topic is akin to urinating up a rope.

Well... yes, bullseye. But I wouldn't go along with you all the way to deny even any logical reflection on this matter either. Maybe we could find some mutual consent regarding possibilitys, that's all I would ask for.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Could you provide a scource for this statement, please?

apps.washingtonpost.com...

archive.wired.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My assertion is that tunneling projects are MASSIVELY expensive, MASSIVELY technical, and EXTREMELY difficult.

No one, to the best of my knowledge, has suggested any plausible reason as to:

1) What purpose is there for the alleged tunnels?
2) How, exactly, were these tunnels created.
3) Where, exactly, or even approximately, are these tunnels located?

Also, I can not seem to locate any information on a thermally-induced tunneling technology that has successfully created a tunnel more than 1 linear mile in length, and greater than one cylindrical foot in diameter.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Excellent, many thanks!

1) What purpose is there for the alleged tunnels?
2) How, exactly, were these tunnels created.
3) Where, exactly, or even approximately, are these tunnels located?

1): Probably the same as here:

The New York Times quoted Russian officials describing the underground compound variously as a mining site, a repository for Russian treasures, a food storage area, and a bunker for Russia's leaders in case of nuclear war. "The (Russian) Defense Ministry declined to say whether Parliament has been informed about the details of the project, like its purpose and cost, saying only that it receives necessary military information," according to the New York Times.

2) www.eurotunnel.com...

3) shows up in any search so far:

Also, I can not seem to locate any information on a thermally-induced tunneling technology that has successfully created a tunnel more than 1 linear mile in length, and greater than one cylindrical foot in diameter.

I don't see any need for sci-fi like this, nobody cranks up their laserswords for some tunnels. The spoil could have been stored underground easily as well and workers might prefer to keep their jobs and security clearances instead of sharing secrets with the world. Seems legit to me, imaginable at least

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Keep in mind, from the article on the Eurotunnel, that the Chunnel produced almost 100 acres of excavated materials.

If a massive underground tunneling project was undertaken, the amount of debris removed would be ungodly.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Barely nothing compared to the scope of things at Yamantau Mountain:

And they've done a damn good job keeping that secret. Aside from the Wikipedia article that is!

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I haven't posted in a long while, but somehow this post caught my eye. So much hasn't of late here.

I live in a wealthy suburb of boston, surrounded by financial types - so the tangent between underground rail/tunnel system and boston seemed a stretch, yet somehow i think this is a clue...

Admiral Byrd is a popular conspiracy topic for "hollow earthers" ...

Operation HighJump was a modifeid carrier battle group headed by Byrd in 1947, to antarctica, and rumored prematurely terminated with casualties...(casualties? on a scientific expedition?)

The tunnel network has been linked to both extinction level event preparation, and EBE plans for the same...

So how odd when Admiral Byrd's son - Richard - was found dead "in the darkness of an abandoned warehouse in Baltimore..." in 1988, only 3 weeks after departing Boston for a Washington DC National Geographic Society dinner celebrating his father, to the bewilderment of his wife, and son! NYT Link 1988

This man was not homeless - quite the opposite - and believe me Boston Blue blood families do not generally behave this way! Per the custodian who last saw Mr. Byrd "'The first time I came across him, he said, 'Somebody take me to Baltimore. I want to go to Baltimore,' '' recalled Burt Gayleard, the on-site manager for Time Realty, owners of the property. ''He was trying to sleep when I found him. He didn't have any teeth, and he spoke like a vagrant. But he pronounced 'Baltimore' properly, not like someone who lived here. You know what I mean?'' Gayleard said.

Although he was a little forgetful, he had never wandered off before, and memory impairment comes naturally with age as well.

There are also musings about an ancient tunnel system all over the world, including south america, the gateway to Antarctica. Nazi's (and their ufos) ? Aliens? Ancient Gods? all of the above or none?

Richard was present on the 1947 Navy expedition to Antarctica with his father, the Admiral- what did he see with his father?

Was he about to disclose something in Washington at the National Geo Soc gala? We will never know...
edit on 4/20/2015 by drphilxr because: formatting lines

edit on 4/20/2015 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/20/2015 by drphilxr because: more editorializing

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If a massive underground tunneling project was undertaken, the amount of debris removed would be ungodly.

projectcamelot.org...
Even if there were no Nuclear Subterrene Tunneling Machines used, who would really care about another pile of dust?

Anyway... found this thread relating to a "VHST" (very high speed transit system):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some maps regarding tunnels (from the VHST-thread) combined with the locations of the 5 recently closed stores:

Gimme more maps and I would be glad to add them as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The spoil could have been stored underground easily as well

Just imagine the planning meeting....
Person A "We have to hide the spoil of our secret tunnels, so we will hide the spoil underground"!

Person B "Ah, excuse me, so we have to dig a huge secret storage area, hide the spoil from that, so we can hide the spoil from the secret tunnel?"

Person A "Yes, that is correct"

Person B "Where do we hide the spoil from the secret storage area?"

Person A "Well, obviously we have to dig another secret storage area to hide the spoil from the secret storage area that is used to hide the spoil from the secret tunnel!"

Person B "So that would involve digging yet another huge secret storage area to hide the spoil from the huge secret storage area that is used to hide the spoil from the huge secret storage area used to hide the spoil from the secret tunnel!"

You really never thought that statement through, did you?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Actually I did. There are huge caves and caverns underground...

With an estimated 45,000 caves within the contiguous United States, there's a whole world to explore beneath the surface, from the "Cave State" of Missouri to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico.

www.foxnews.com...

Anyway, just a thought.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Actually I did. There are huge caves and caverns underground...

And no one notices trucks full of spoil disappearing underground, and returning empty? It just gets sillier and sillier!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And who said anybody would notice anything anymore while writing something silly in the shillynet?
I doubt you ever considered the spoil could be moved underground to another place, a big cavern for example?
edit on 22-4-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I doubt you ever considered the spoil could be moved underground to another place, a big cavern for example?

No one would consider that, as it is just a very silly idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join