It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with border security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why would it be so bad to fully secure the US borders? Whether it be by physical obstruction or by other means? I know some people reel at the idea. Why? The cost? When has that ever stopped the government from shilling out whatever it can in return for votes. Oh snap! Maybe that's it.

Texas-Mexico Border Pictures

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

If we fully secured the southern US border it would do wonders for the Mexican Olympic team. Because as it stands now everyone that can run, swim or jump is already in America.

edit on 17-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What can be used to keep people out can also be used to keep people in......

The police state and government don't seem too focused on who is coming in but on those who are citizens speaking out against their corruption and mentioning God or the Constitution.

Careful what you wish for......not that it matters at this point.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It isn't necessarily bad to secure the borders. But with all the problems in the world -- all the potential evil -- there exists worse attitudes than being a gentle and benevolent and tolerant country that is a little lax about watching our borders and maybe cuts people a break or two.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me. But honestly, I would apply enough pressure to keep illegal border crossings discreet. And I think we are there actually.

I would focus more on other obvious things like preventing nuclear annihilation, avoiding mass starvation, prolonging life and easing pain, life, liberty, etc.

The media really twists things around, we lose track of what is important and what is not.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Democrats are allowing the illegal immigrants in the country so they can later on give those illegals the right to vote and then tell the new voters to vote Democrat otherwise the evil Republicans will ship them out.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Our borders should have been secured a long time ago and for very good reasons.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Can you show any sort of law that is in the books that shows that?
If you want to go with amnesty leading to it, well it has been done by both sides.

All politics aside, the actual project it's self would be immense.

Something 1300 miles, some of which crossing dunes and bodies of water.

Talking trillions of dollars and years on years of labor.
Take a look at the NoKo/SoKo border, hardly the size of ours, guarded by the military and still doesn't really seal the countries.

ETA:
Back to the politics, the financial backers of our glorious oligarchy also love the cheap labor.
edit on thFri, 17 Apr 2015 19:47:55 -0500America/Chicago420155580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Heaven help you if you're an American that crosses into Mexico illegally. You'll be detained for days, if not months or years, and deported.

If you're a Mexican that crosses into America illegally, you're given financial aid, food stamps, an education, and soon to be citizenship.

Amazing how that works...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Then go ahead and tell us your solution if you have one.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ah don't answer my question and then ask me one?
Classic.

I don't have a end all solution by any means. I think we should focus on reform of the current process before we start talking about a big wall with turrets and a moat with sharks

Let them escape the countries and chase a better life here and lets get them documented in a system not designed to fail.
edit on thFri, 17 Apr 2015 20:32:46 -0500America/Chicago420154680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

And people get deported form the US all the time , god forbid we have different rules that are a little more humane than Mexico.

Darn god given rights of all men /shrug.

We always want to champion that phrase, guess it is only for those that chose to be born here.
edit on thFri, 17 Apr 2015 20:02:58 -0500America/Chicago420155880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
The Democrats are allowing the illegal immigrants in the country so they can later on give those illegals the right to vote and then tell the new voters to vote Democrat otherwise the evil Republicans will ship them out.

You are correct.

Primary goal = Democrat voters.

You can bet your paycheck that if illegals were voting Republican, the Dems would close that border down tighter than a frogs anus.

I see absolutely no problem making "legal" immigration easier but as Teddy Roosevelt said:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

edit on 17-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ah don't answer my question and then ask me one?
Classic.

I don't have a end all solution by any means. I think we should focus on reform on the current process before we start talking about a big wall with turrets and a moat with sharks

Let them escape the countries and chase a better life here and lets get them documented in a system not designed to fail.

So with no solution you instead attack other peoples solutions and make jokes about turrets and sharks. Got it

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh I am sorry, didn't realize offering up another option is attacking...
In that sense you asked me to attack it since you wanted to know what my thoughts were.
Pretty loose use of the word 'attack'

The sharks was a joke yes, turrets sadly not so much.
Most of those calling for a wall, want the military so man said wall.
With them shooting those that don't want to abide by the wall.

Thing about the wall, we have sections that are walled right now and it doesn't do much to stop them. They drive over and under it with ease.

You asked me for my solution, I admittedly said I did not have an end all solution but rather a way to work towards one.

Now about your first claim and the question I asked...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
nothing is wrong. they are allowing them to come over and file taxes, get SSI and the rest of government assistance. I am going to cross into mexico and swim back so I can get in on the action.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
a reply to: Sremmos80

Then go ahead and tell us your solution if you have one.

I'll throw a ball in the ring...LOL. When I was in South Africa in the 80's working on military projects, we had the fence, well, the lethal fence on the borders (and military bases/keypoints/infrastructure/etc), I was Chief R&D. The fence was 3300 joules, more than 10 times the energy required to kill a single person. In the 4 years I was there, I witnessed a lot of crispy terrorists, about 3000, we actually had 4 books, 100 double sided inserts per book, 4 pictures on each side of 4 different terrorists. The books were almost full, do the math. Illegal migration was difficult ;-) The fence was a great deterrent, it was compassion-less and it killed quickly and mercifully in seven different languages. But you can't fix stupid.

After the ANC turds got in power, the border fences came down. South Africa was flooded with literally millions of illegal immigrants. And of course the crime rate went through the roof, to the point where South Africa became the most dangerous place in the world, next to an active war zone.

Close the borders to at least Mexico, Canada as well if you like, but certainly use a "crispy system" like the one I proposed to DHS in 2007 before the Obama unit became POTUS. Our system worked. I would personally rather deal with 3000 dead terrorists than a million strong insurgent force.

The cost of implementing a fence from Texas to California is not as expensive as you think.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nothing is wrong with our border security.

It's as open as the politicians want.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Put up another "Berlin Wall" type structure across our borders? That makes both sides prisoners. What SEEKER 1963 said above here is right.That which is made to keep people out....can also be used to keep people IN. Like us. And who controls that wall both ways? The government of course.

Look at a map of the US-Canada border. Build a wall? Thousand of open miles from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic with nobody for hundreds and a few thousand miles? Mountains, Rivers, Plains, Grasslands. All open for walking or hiking across....which we know its being done up there....

Not easy to do either way-south/Mexican and north/Canadian.

edit on 18-4-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
One must really ask what are the main reasons for the influx of illegals? Address the attractions of what they come for and there would be no reason for them to come. The government could alter some of the reasons but I think the overall reason is the basic lifestyle of the population (that's you and me). They want your lifestyle as theirs as in their own country their lifestyle is below poverty.
You cannot alter your lifestyle so you either accept and adapt or not, but you still wont stop them trying to get in.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They want your lifestyle as theirs as in their own country their lifestyle is below poverty.
You cannot alter your lifestyle so you either accept and adapt or not, but you still wont stop them trying to get in.

We have homeless and hungry citizens here, yet illegals are able to have their needs met. They are given jobs, have anchor babies and get welfare, cheap housing, food stamps, healthcare etc. If we stopped giving them jobs and benefits I bet they wouldn't be coming in such huge numbers. If we can't take care of the citizens who are already here, we have no business placing foreigners above them and taking care of them instead. Once we take care of our own then by all means, help others.

It is no different than one's own family. A parent will not care for another child here or from another Country and allow their own child to go without.

top topics

join