It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dead cousin and my sister...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So let me explain the situation here:

My cousin: He died back in 2012. A drunk driver hit him while he was driving home. Me and my sisters were very close to him and I'm still kinda mourning...

My sister: now my oldest sister is very open and has always been into ghosts and all that stuff since she was a kid. Always having paranormal experiences and dabbling with witchcraft and spells.

So what I want to know is, is my sister really communicating with my dead cousin?

I ask this because like I said, she's into witchcraft and she claims to be a psychic. She uses a pendulum and a witch board...(ouija board?) and she uses oracle/angel cards. She says DJ (my cousins name) talks to her through her pendulum/board...but some of the stuff she tells me just seems too ridiculous! like how she envisioned DJ holding a joint while communicating with him, or weird stuff that I couldn't imagine a "ghost" doing.

I believe ghosts are just empty shells left over by people who have passed on. I don't think it's really them...why would my cousin still be hanging around?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

If someone\something is communicating with her, how does she know who or what it is?
The people who have serious knowledge of this subject will tell you not to do what your sister is doing.
The Jesuit priests (like Malachi Martin) who have dealt with exorcisms and demonic possession\oppression cases will tell you that there are malevolent entities who will masquerade as deceased family or friends.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

because she will ask who it is or she will just get a "feeling".

I was skeptical as I still am. I don't think she was talking to my cousin but something else...

She claims to be enlightened and spiritual but she's still in a bad situation right now...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I should also add that she asks for protection from arch angel Michael.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
People seem to think they know what's on the other side, truth is the only ones that know are the ones that are over there. Maybe he is smoking a joint, who are we to say he isn't.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Wouldn't smoking a joint be an earthly desire though?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Wouldn't smoking a joint be an earthly desire though?

Yes but it could be a desire over there too, despite what priest say we know nothing of the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

One of the ways a passed on relative or just anyone who wants to be known after they have crossed over is smells. If your cousin was a big pot smoker then I could see him doing just this to help identify who he is and as a part of his "memory" for lack of a better term.

When I die, and if I come back to visit, people will smell coffee, and I will be drinking a bottomless cup....lol

It does happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If she has connected with her cousin, she could be keeping him from moving on. Her attachment to him, can keep him earth bound. I dont know where they go, but they need to be released from unfinished business on earth.

Also. Its one thing to have a spirit try to contact you, its another matter when you try contacting them. It can open doors to other entities, that will not have her best interest at heart.

There is a scripture that says "Fools go where Angels dare not tread."

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

One of the ways a passed on relative or just anyone who wants to be known after they have crossed over is smells. If your cousin was a big pot smoker then I could see him doing just this to help identify who he is and as a part of his "memory" for lack of a better term.

When I die, and if I come back to visit, people will smell coffee, and I will be drinking a bottomless cup....lol

It does happen.

Agreed, Scent is the strongest bond to memory, it's personal and everyone smells differently even down to the pheromone level. The olfactory system is how we communicate and read others at a very primal level.

My grandfather comes around time to time, the reason I know this is because I have lived in a few houses since he has died and no one has or had smoked cigs there and all the windows etc were closed and you would get that distinct scent or Marlboro Cigarettes. Same goes from Aunts, Mothers etc who were a very particular scent when they were alive.

But when using forms of Divination you always have to be leery because of tricksters, cross-interference amongst many other issues. That doesn't mean it can't work, just its like calling someone in china whose last name is lee, (no racist) how can you be sure you are talking to the particular lee you dialed? You can't always

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I think she said she smelled weed before when she contacted him. I also remember hearing someone say that they're smelled cigarette smoke from my dead great grandpa.

IDK if I would leave a scent when I die...I don't wear perfume, smoke, or drink coffee

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It makes me wonder if smells can permeate the spirit, kinda like a person that sees aura's say they can see the dark energy traped in the Aura from Smoking.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
How old is your sister? Is this 'witch craft' all self taught and led? (praying to saint Michael for protection, while at the same time claiming to practice witch craft and use a board does not make sense)

You said that she is in a bad situation right now? Because as others have stated, opening yourself up to this stuff on a good day is dangerous, but doing it when you are already in a bad state is even worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast
How old is your sister? Is this 'witch craft' all self taught and led? (praying to saint Michael for protection, while at the same time claiming to practice witch craft and use a board does not make sense)

You said that she is in a bad situation right now? Because as others have stated, opening yourself up to this stuff on a good day is dangerous, but doing it when you are already in a bad state is even worse.

She's 32. Self taught mostly... she's been into it forever though.

She's spiritual but she's a big hypocrite! I think because she used spells for bad purposes, (like to get back at her ex) it's coming back to her.

top topics

join