It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god bearing gifts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Does god have to bribe people to believe in him?
Be good get the benefits.

I don't think God decides on right from wrongs. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Right is God. Not someone thinking what's best but the best.

Following God is not a decision but a struggle.
You cant hide away from problems and justify it by being nice. We were nice so we will get the best reward. Doing the right thing gives the best rewards.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: guidetube

here let me make it obvious to understand.

Would you give a total Ahole a life expectancy of millions, billions of years? Would you trust this hypothetical wad of overbearing joy would listen to the bearer of his extended life?

Would you trust such an individual to not abuse his power presuming such an individual was also given supernatural abilties over other beings such as regular humans, given that the hypothetical individual granted such gifts is a total douch.

And i don't mean just sometimes, But a million years is a long time.

What if this hypothetical prime gem of a class A black hole would become extremely difficult to remove after granting such gifts? I mean not impossible but given the nature of such a transformation. Would God regret doing it?

I mean such an individual could just take their gifts and leave earth in a spaceship and screw with other planets out of the sphere of our gods control in some other galaxy.

They would have millions of years and advanced technology to do so. Now, say these individuals had the potencial of say bribing a loved who, who already underwent the transformation. Into leeking information so that they could do it to themselves without going through an scum screening process.

That would be bad now wouldn't it.

So why the emphesis on morality and loyalty? Because anyone who has anything less than absolute pure benevolent morality, and absolute loyalty is a threat to not only the status order of such a system that creates beings with million-billions of years of life expectancy but a threat to lower life forms * such as say that one particular human said individual didn't like, and well since they have such a long lifespan on their hands, whats stopping them from getting bored and wiping out that humans entire bloodline along as well?*

Or getting bored after 100 years, or 1000 years or 100.000 years to fly off to another galaxy and wreck havok just cuz well whos gunna stop you except the big boss man himself right?

You see where i'm going with this.
I mean, Immortality and LIVING for eternity is exactly what it sounds like. An eternity. well not really an eternity but still a long enough time to see the formation of planets, the destruction of stars ect, you would technically be there long enough to take part in biblical history lol. You could be written in stone and talked about by random natives on some random planet. Saying. * God and his 100,000 angels decended on our planet, His angels existing before the creation of Bob ( This hypothetical planet shall be called Bob because why not?)
Forged from the eternal fires of Yadda, in the deep abyss of Da. It was the powers of God that brought Yadda da together to form the angels. And create us. or so their bible would say or other. Now say hypothetical A-hole mentioned earlier was just pretending to not be a complete party pooper and was faking long enough to be transported to this hypothetical planet.

Well he could sure stir up a crapstorm if he wanted. i mean one saucer, full of some mean evil baddies who are traitors could easily ruin the day of some mud and stick dwellers like humans pretty easily. And do it almost undetected ( Almost)

That would be very bad. and counter productive to the ultimate goal plan of God what ever that plan is. Basically divide the species across space and time and conquer other planets. That seems to be the active plan. So anything that could jeprodize colonization is basically a no no. and deserters? why desert. they would almost have all the powers said God would have. Only they would be acting for themselves, and not the common good of well.. humanity. So you see.

Being a good person is very important, because in the scheme of things. We are all one species, working towards one common goal or supposed to anyways. We as humans have a lot of freedom. well at the same time being supervised by mommy and daddy in the sky, who is scary as funkle.

And if we are bad enough they will come down and spank us on an individual basis. But that's another topic for another time.

So yeah to keep it simple, Be a good person and maybe the E.T will decide you are one of the useful ones to be made to replace ol jim. Because jim is getting really old and has been holdin the fort in the sky for millions of years and hes getting tired of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think it's the Buddha who says..

Fall down seven times
Get up eight.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr god does not watch over us he already set the laws of the universe in place to react accordingly to our behavior. It's a system just like your body. A virus starts contaminating cells said cells begin attacking they're brethren and white blood cells wipe them out. They deliver the justice for the surivival if the whole. there's a reason they are white aka light. every action has a negative or positive reaction. Either you neatralize the threat to the law and order or it grows and dooms everyone. Now what if righteous humans started to think like this ? What if we were mean to be the light of this world? Clearly we are on the steady path for doom with all this lawlessness going on. Humans must learn how to take back earth from these viruses who extract energy from the earth and don't replenish it. Because that's all a virus/parasite does extract energy Until the host dies. lawlessness is death but law is life. For everything in nature follows law to survive. As a race we have become more like the virus and less like the white blood cell. We must find the root of this dependency and exterminate it and we all know what the root is in the end don't we?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Im talking about the creator of humanity which we identify as god, Not the universe itself. There are 2 clear differences.
There is The universe, and there is the architech that made the human species.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Can God be wrong?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Is it just me or did you just replace right with nice and benefits with rewards, said the same thing twice first as bad than as good?
Like someone else already mentioned: what god?
It is really more complicated, there you have life itself, the miracle how it all fits together and things like that, a greater soul you can interact with and the unbearable small and boring version of the old man in the clouds with a son, who is human but somehow not and just obviously nothing i'd call god.
So if you interact with a being that made a son and is like humans, you better not call it god. But there you should ask for benefits, or rewards, because they would want something in exchange.
How would you trade with a feeling, or the fabric of events that connects all living things?
Seriously you can't call god a person, or you make a big booboo when we meet human like ETs, for example. Would also be from the heavens and rumours say they have a daughter...

join