It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Mandates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What do you think should be the main mandates of today?

Free health for America?
Tax cuts?
More cops?
Be nice?

Are all political, religios and corrupt leaders basically telling you to ignore other peoples problems and let them run yours?

Poverty
Human Rights
Sustainability

??

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube

Free health for America?
Tax cuts?
More cops?
Be nice?

Are all political, religios and corrupt leaders basically telling you to ignore other peoples problems and let them run yours?

Poverty
Human Rights
Sustainability

??

I'd settle for something as simple as the Golden Rule....you know, do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

But even something that simple is to much to ask for with the nation divided, the blatant corruption of those tasked with upholding the laws and society splintered into self centered, ego driven agendas and that includes most cultural structures but especially religion.

My cynicism has finally taken over my psyche but deep down; I know that no one cares.
edit on 17-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Free health for America?
Tax cuts?
More cops?
Be nice?

Poverty
Human Rights
Sustainability

??

I'd settle for something as simple as the Golden Rule....you know, do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

But even something that simple is to much to ask for with the nation divided, the blatant corruption of those tasked with upholding the laws and society splintered into self centered, ego driven agendas and that includes most cultural structures but especially religion.

My cynicism has finally taken over my psyche but deep down; I know that no one cares.

I think that's the ultimate mandate. You're spot on. I feel your cynicism. It get's worse the older I get. I'm just trying to raise my young children right and now worry about others at this point. There's some good people on this site too.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Golden rule is a great mandate. That's kind of what I mean when I say ignoring other peoples problems. A little more indirectly though. I mean the horrible struggle someone faces in poverty was not something you exactly did but ignore.

The Golden Path I prefer: What is best for all.

I feel a certain re-adjustment on selfishness, equality, waste, narrow mindless, miss-guided values are a little more important than if someones tax policy will raise interest and effect the old.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Free health for America?
Tax cuts?
More cops?
Be nice?

Poverty
Human Rights
Sustainability

??

Already found in religion.

No, religious organizations are doing quite a bit of anti-political work, but you don't listen to them. All you hear is criticism against certain things, you don't really pay attention to the fact that religion in the United States ended slavery, promoted education, built hospitals and charity organizations.

But you only see one side of the coin. It's too difficult to admit that religion in America has actually done a lot of good. It is people who do good or bad, they either live religiously or they don't. But the effect of religion in America, changed the world.

Think about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Not sure. Religion didn't end slavery. Religious mandates are more about telling you its ok to ignore problems so long as you aren't being bad.

Not really about addressing problems.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Not sure. Religion didn't end slavery. Religious mandates are more about telling you its ok to ignore problems so long as you aren't being bad.

Not really about addressing problems.

I don't know about your view of religion because it hasn't been my experience about religious mandates. Ignore problems? That isn't correct.

Which particular mandates are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
mandate such as moral guidance. they don't address problems such as watching leaders war. they say its normal.
we don't get a choice in that.

what mandates do you see them having?

I mean current leaders aren't addressing the right issues.

new topics

top topics

join