It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If/When Contact, Which Movie/Show Will it Resemble?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Many possibilities - too many choices... But, if we must select only one, I might choose this not-so-unlikely scenario:

The Fantastic Planet [1973]

Yikes...

Doesn't win any special-effects or glorious drama/script prizes, but it sure makes you wonder, what if...

(full-length feature linked above - though trailers are available...)
edit on 4/17/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"Earth vs The Flying Saucers"

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

I would hope it would be like all the positive aspects displayed in all movies of that nature.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I would hope it would be like all the positive aspects displayed in all movies of that nature.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MythMaster

originally posted by: Denoli
The Truman show .
That would be cool , I think that's not as stupid as it sounds .

I actually share this thought. There's a cartoon (I think it's an episode of Futurama) where the Earth is basically a intergalactic television show like MTV's "The Real World" that's been running for eons and they populated the earth with all the different races, etc... just for entertainment....I can kinda see that.

But to be serious for a moment I see it going down either like V, Contact, or Star Trek: First Contact.....with the biggest likelihood being V.

I think maybe the Truman show would work just as well when you die .
I believe we are been watched all the time by something , ufos ? The dead ?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
nother choice; ST:NG Borg. they absorb/enslave us.

good discussion.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I can't believe (I ate the whole thing) that everyone left out "Paul". If someone here hasn't seen "Paul" run, don't hop, to the nearest whatever and find it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I like to think that it will be like the end of Star Trek: Fist Contact

link   
Anyone seen Dark City?

👣

link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

good discussion.

According to some that has already happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This one : Day Earth Stood Still; they will try to help us but we will be too primitive and violent.
And this one I think : 2001: they are so beyond us we don't realize we are being manipulated
Its also already happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The Ten Commandments.

And we are all pagan Egyptians.

This is certainly one of the greatest alien invasion novels, the invaders are elephants and it is more or less a 'hard science fiction' novel.

FootFall • FootFall (Audible)
edit on 18-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
The Ten Commandments.

And we are all pagan Egyptians.

This is certainly one of the greatest alien invasion novels, the invaders are elephants and it is more or less a 'hard science fiction' novel.

FootFall

Footfall is a good one.

The aliens sneak up through the rings of Saturn and make Earth fall with collapsible platform shoes.

The Puppet masters was a great movie, although it seemed more like a political metaphor to me.

2001 is the best fit for alien encounters in general.

But if they are not here already, the Holy Bible is a good approximation.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If youre thinking such an event (which isn't going to happen because theyre already here and always have been) as like a "movie" or "tv show"....then thats disappointing.

We have no way of knowing anything even if they were standing right in front of us.

If think it way way out of line to compare things so far ahead we cant understand them or recognize them... to a movie, tv show or video game.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
would say it kind of depends on how advanced the civilization is, and their history. Id say any of these scenarios could be possible. though I'd bet more on hostile/too advanced to even care about us.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

good discussion.

I go with the Borg too. I do not think vast space travel would be done in the flesh, at least for first contact. self replicating Machines go on for ever and ever.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: JadeStar

The Vatican has been using the worlds largest binocular telescope on Mount Graham, with the 'Lucifer device' to help see the infrared spectrum.
The Vatican astronomers admit they use it to find alien life.

It's used to study stellar nurseries, places of gas and dust which are collapsing to form stars and planets. Its a big stretch to say that its used to find alien life but studies of stellar nurseries are very important to the general field of astrobiology.

BTW: The Vatican Observatory co-sponsors an astrobiology conference each year with the University of Arizona:

Their big area of interest has been exoplanet atmosphere research and developing the capabilities to detect biomarkers (the tell tale signs of life in a planets atmosphere).

Lucifer is part of the Large Binocular Telescope, which happens to be right next to the Vatican Observatory on Mt. Graham in Tucson. That's right, the Vatican has an observatory in Arizona, manned by Jesuit astronomers. Now its next-door neighbor is named for the Devil.

Popular science

Most of the Christian world is not as wildly religious as the US so the acronym Lucifer just sounds cool. It's a science instrument and they have all sorts of strained acronyms lol.

edit on 18-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am just re watching Farscape 1999-2009. Well worth a research if you like a bit of space drama..( 22 episodes in series 1 )
edit on 18 4 2015 by skywatcher44 because: Capitalise.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

If youre thinking such an event (which isn't going to happen because theyre already here and always have been) as like a "movie" or "tv show"....then thats disappointing.

We have no way of knowing anything even if they were standing right in front of us.

If think it way way out of line to compare things so far ahead we cant understand them or recognize them... to a movie, tv show or video game.

okay, I'll put you down for '2001'.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It will - or, rather, is - resembling the Invaders series.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join