It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update to old thread: Judge rules police can occupy your home, violate 3rd amendment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Anyafaj

No problem. The journalist waited until the very last paragraph to mention it, making it almost an aside to the issue.

From what I can tell, the judge simply ruled the 3rd amendment doesn't apply in this case, but both the 1st and 4th, along with a number of state and federal law violations, were all allowed to move ahead.

I think these folks have a pretty strong case for them. I think their attorney probably just included the 3rd amendment to try and add some more meat to the suit. Still, they have a good case I think.

You can help me out with biology next time I get hung up on something

I got a 4.0 in college biology, I'm definitely you're girl for that! LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So all the screaming and ranting is a bit premature, as all the judge has done so far is rule that the 3rd amendment violation is not valid, but the other two are valid.

So, this guy had not committed any crime. The cops decided they wanted his house for their own use, so they arrested him for saying "no", trashed his house, locked the dog out and basically tried to ruin his life.

And it's a civil rights suit.

Where are the criminal charges? The home invasion ones? B&E? Kidnapping? Under what laws can a cop order you out of your house so they can use it for a stakeout, and arrest you if you don't agree?

I think more than a little 'screaming and ranting' is in order.

edit on 20-4-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

So all the screaming and ranting is a bit premature, as all the judge has done so far is rule that the 3rd amendment violation is not valid, but the other two are valid.

So, this guy had not committed any crime. The cops decided they wanted his house for their own use, so they arrested him for saying "no", trashed his house, locked the dog out and basically tried to ruin his life.

And it's a civil rights suit.

Where are the criminal charges? The home invasion ones? B&E? Kidnapping? Under what laws can a cop order you out of your house so they can use it for a stakeout, and arrest you if you don't agree?

I think more than a little 'screaming and ranting' is in order.

I agree, but I doubt us small peons can go that route.

<< 1   >>

join