It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the One-Percenter's Kids Tour Colleges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I went and looked at a few colleges in my Dad's old Dodge.

It would have been terrific to have had this instead:

“It’s less about the decadence, more about the timesaving,” insists Jet Edge president Bill Papariella, adding that the tour costs the customer around $80,000. But as The NY Post reports, while most high school seniors complete the dreaded college circuit in a rental car or their folks’ worn-out station wagon, an increasing number of parents are spending tens of thousands of dollars on private jets to ferry their privileged kids to college campuses.

And please, no "jealous" comments. I can't even comprehend the way they live enough to be jealous. I'm honestly happy being able to go out to dinner once a week.

“It’s becoming a bigger part of our business,” says Anthony Tivnan, president of leading private-jet charter company Magellan Jets, which organized the 12-leg, $150,000 trans-America tour for the son of a California-based financier and his relatives in August 2014.

“Dozens of families are taking advantage of the convenience by visiting colleges this way.”

The service is so popular, last month Magellan launched a special package for “budget-minded” college-goers. The National Bank of Mom and Dad can now buy 10 hours of flight time aboard a Magellan jet for a bargain price of $43,500.

The deal includes varsity wear for the entire family emblazoned with the letters and emblems of each college — Princeton hoodies for everyone! — plus matching notebooks, and pointers from an independent admissions adviser.

Magellan even goes so far as to offer introductions to “high-profile alumni,” such as athletes and successful businesspeople, either in person or by phone.

“We take care of everything,” explains Tivnan. “Many commercial airlines don’t have direct flights into airports near the universities, making it difficult to see multiple colleges in one day.

“Fly privately and you can visit as many as five or six colleges in the space of two or three days.”

I want to thank all of the workers who tire effortlessly to make this sort of life possible for the children of the one-percenters.

You're all awesome.

Link: www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 17-4-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Money is money and a living is a living.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One day, one day....

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Hmm that's certainly an upgrade on a Scoobie Van! newsbusters.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me.

The overall economy might be difficult BUT, there has never in the history of the world been a time where it is more likely thanks to science an advancement that a "nobody" could rise into that 1% range literally in a couple of short years, prior to now the closest possibility you had was to be really good at swinging an axe or sword around.

Prime example the kid who designed the Occulous rift 2.2 Billion 22 yrs old... Millionaires are born daily in tech at young ages from nothing...

Good for them.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I pray my kids don't see this! LOL As if....

The part about the "budget conscious" parents made me LOL...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

I love your tag quote! (The ocean comment. Classic!)

One day, yeah. I used to think the same thing. Now I realize that I, and everyone I know, were just peons working our butts off to make someone else rich.

Along the way, I also realized how essential it is to understand what is really important in life.

Hint: It isn't money.

I watched a close family die a few months ago. She had all kinds of money. The people she loved stood around her death bed. Her bank account was nowhere in site.

edit on 17-4-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

i always loved a quote about rich and us....

Some people are Pigeons, the rest are statues

kinda says it all, we just get Sh#t on all the time

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They're obviously not smart and rich enough to be educated in Europe (Switzerland).

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Money is money and a living is a living.

The problem is many in that 0.01%
Got that money through tax dodging, war profiteering, political corruption, corporate welfare or just outright theft.

I have no problem with honnestly earned money and there are a few billionaires I admire.
But many not in the 1% (hell I'm a 1%er ) but in the 0.01% got that money in ways that would land me in jail.
edit on 17-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
meh its all relative if i was in that position i would probably do the same however Eaton Oxford and Cambridge
are all within an hours drive of me there are not many establishments that can better them in Europe.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Meanwhile the 99% go to a school that is a wooden hut 6 miles walk away ..... If they are lucky.

How us others live, eh?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Meanwhile the 99% go to a school that is a wooden hut 6 miles walk away ..... If they are lucky.

How us others live, eh?

The real lucky ones are home schooled.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
meh its all relative if i was in that position i would probably do the same however Eaton Oxford and Cambridge
are all within an hours drive of me there are not many establishments that can better them in Europe.

Well unless you want to send your kid to a nest of pedos I would avoid Eton!

They are all nounces there!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I never even had the ability to go to college. To explore my educational options using such an extravagant mode is literally outside of my pay grade. I feel like the ultra-wealthy are just fundamentally disconnected to how some people are eeking out a living. I mean can someone who makes multiple millions of dollars a year, or heck even hundreds of thousands a year, hope to comprehend what someone who lives below the poverty line is experiencing?

I'd love to walk a mile in their shoes, I doubt if they'd feel obliged to do the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

Wow, I really liked your post. It was very real and heartfelt.

I never thought my family was especially well off until I traveled and saw how poor people in developing countries are. I took so much for granted my whole life, threw away so many opportunities.

I regret that now.

I'm sorry if you've struggled some in your life. Life isn't fair as we all know. Why are we born into the families that we are? Chance? Karma? Luck?

I had very little when I was a single mother. Even so, I think I gave my children a better life than I had growing up. I think I loved them so much that we became rich in our hearts.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As the costs of a college education continue to rise soon only the 1% will be the only ones able to afford it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm fascinated by your response and wish you would elaborate a little more. (Of course, without giving anything away.)

You say you're a one-percenter. Truly?

And that the way you acquired your money wasn't on the up and up?

What do you think of the NWO?

What's it like way up there in the clouds?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm fascinated by your response and wish you would elaborate a little more. (Of course, without giving anything away.)

You say you're a one-percenter. Truly?

And that the way you acquired your money wasn't on the up and up?

What do you think of the NWO?

What's it like way up there in the clouds?

There is more to the 1% than being super rich or even a bog standard millionaire.

I just come from a boring family of white collar professionals who earn just enough to be classed in the 1% bracket with doctors and Lawyers.

No silver spoons and private jets

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hilarious!

new topics

top topics

join