It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

suite case nuke in us found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Maybe but if it is true... the case probably has CIA on it as well as a lable reading: "good excuse to invade ..... (fill in blank)"

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If this was real, I.e. the US government SUCCESFULLY stopped a nuke going off in the US, then Dubya would be all over the news using this as a tool to either:

1) Show how �great� he is and that his "plan" is working
2) Tell us it had a card in it stating �From Iran with love� and the bombing of Tehran will start shortly
3) Or all of the above

So, I hypothesize this is not true

[edit on 21-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I personally dont feel this is true either. I just dont think this is something they could have kept from the media, and I am not sure if they would have told us or not.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
If this was real, I.e. the US government SUCCESFULLY stopped a nuke going off in the US, then Dubya would be all over the news using this as a tool to either:

1) Show how �great� he is and that his "plan" is working
2) Tell us it had a card in it stating �From Iran with love� and the bombing of Tehran will start shortly
3) Or all of the above

So, I hypothesize this is not true

[edit on 21-12-2004 by skippytjc]

Oh now that is some reasoning there pal... fully behind you there!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
*wondering*...

why isn't this thread closed yet.

Obviously no truth to the story.... not to mention the grammar....

*smack*...*smack* okay, be nice elevatedone.... here have a drink...

whew.... there wasn't a "suitcase nuke" found, it surely would have leaked into the news and everyone would have been all over it.

in no way am I trying to moderate the board here, but..

it's against the rules to post info that you know if false... just in case you're making this story up.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
I think it was maroland just like the movie? but he also said thair a colige
perfeser that worked near by on sisemografs was killed becuse he pickt up
the shock wave.

translation:

I think it was Maryland, just like the movie (that ben affleck crap perhaps). He also said that a college professor that worked near by on seismographs was killed because he picked up the shock wave.

I think the important lesson here isn't whether the story is true or not but, more important, don't pick up a shock wave without the proper shock wave handling equipment.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This story reminds me of an REO Speedwagon song....

"Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another you been messin around..."

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
how bold of you to admit to knowing REO Speedwagon lyrics.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think this is starting to smell like that one movie if you ask me...

That one with Ben Affelc and Morgan Freemen in it...

where a nuke goes off in the staduim in Baltimore..

Only this bomb wasnt a suitcase, it was in a pop machine...

Anyway I havent heard much on this and Alex Jones hasnt heard about it.. So i am pretty sure it hasnt happen its fake or maybe this guy got Ben Afflect mixed up with one of his Imaginary freinds...

[edit on 21-12-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
a good friend of mine told me that he heard that around the 4th of july our
goverment got word of a suite case nuke in the us. as the story goes it
was in a truck thay lost or wacthed for 5 days. thay got the nuke and it was armnd so thay put in the ochean ware it went of.

This is almost certainly a rumour. A nuke isn't 'armed' like some time bomb that they have to throw someplace where it can 'blow up safe', and any nuclear detonation would be detected by numerous countries.

There was a terror group in central asia that was captured that had weapons grade plutonium and enough of it to make a bomb.

elevated one
He also said that a college professor that worked near by on seismographs was killed because he picked up the shock wave.

They'd have to assasinate more than just one professor nearby to cover it up. When nuke goes off the 'shockwaves' resonate thru the entire planet and can be detected all over the world. Not to mention that they'd also be able to track the dispersal of the radionuclides from the explosion, or that lots of people in maryland would be dying from radiation poisoning. Or that, er, there' d be a big explosion!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is a story started, and spread by the Northeast Intelligence Network. They put it out in their fee based subscriber newsletter. It is crap.

The science behind it does not support the claims. The sesimographs in the area did not pick anything up. Check for yourself. The supposed date of the detenation was 14 JUL 04, and it was supposedly off the coast of Massachuseits. They "supposedly" found 4 devices. 3 of which they easily disarmmed, and one they had trouble with. The one was either in Boston or New York, the story is intentionaly vague. So they took the troublesome nuke off the coast into deep waters and detonated it.

Do not buy this story. Makes for good theatre though.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Earlier in the summer, they arrested a Pakistani national who was trying to acquire radioactive materials in Quebec.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
This is a story started, and spread by the Northeast Intelligence Network. They put it out in their fee based subscriber newsletter. It is crap.

Beat me to it...

It was first posted in RATS (the whole article), I think it was moved though??
Here's the thread on it in War On Terrorism:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The what the article was about:

17 July 2004
"POSSIBLE NUCLEAR NEAR MISS DETONATION INCIDENT"

Steve Quayle, a strong Christian, has 30 years worth of contacts inside both the military and government intel services; and he is also closely associated with Doug Hagmann and Doug's various associates at "Northeast Intelligence Network".

On Steve's Thursday (July 15th) evening radio program, he made mention that either his sources, or Northeast's sources passed along sensitive information that Federal agents had just narrowly averted a possible serious nuclear detonation involving Al Qaeda terrorists in the early morning hours of that day, somewhere on the east coast; and that he had almost sent out an email warning to his subscribers concerning it.
The information at the time was that an actual detonation could have only been a hour or two away.
I'm still not clear exactly where the source came from, but I think that it came from Northeast; then again, maybe not.

Then on Friday's program, Steve, now with a little more information, said that several components of a nuclear device -- possibly a nuclear trigger -- had been intercepted on its way for final assembly and detonation.
The information was that it was to be used In New York, and against the United Nations building.

The reason given for the U.N building is/was to create anger and chaos within the international community, in order to move the various nations to a greater action in the Middle East, and to get a more intense global involvement in that explosive part of the World so as to really ignite things with the U.S. and Israel being at the core center.
(Now I'm thinking that they want a more serious confrontation between Iran and the U.S., with Russian then making an appearance into the fray.)
Anyway, Al Qaeda, according to Internet communiqu�s from them, had them being very antsy and angry about the whole thing going awry; but they still vow to carry out their plan, and mentioned that we now know that they do indeed have the nuclear capability to carry out such a plan and will do it in time.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ah; those professionals again good stuff, phreak_o_n, LOL I guess they have to give 99$ dollars worth else customers / subscribers might be inclined to think they have been scammed.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a strong Christian? as opposed to a weak one?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey kid -

Did they really "put it in the ochean ware it went of"?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
how bold of you to admit to knowing REO Speedwagon lyrics.

I'm really too young to know that band or thier lyrics, but that verse always stuck in my mind...Now I have an excuse to quote it

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You and your friend can check out this Google Search. I didn't see anything about one in the US, but some claim Osama already has some twenty of the mothers.

One of those links stated that russia had only made 100 originally. Then another site stated 100 were missing.

One site mentioned the fact that they were built before The soviet Union broke up and russian experts stated they became non-nukes after three years because of its design. Rusian experts also doubted they had aquired any working nukes in suitcase form.

The part of this whole issue I find unbelievable is the fact this was supposed to have gone off in the ocean. Hell if that was the case half of the world would have known about it from their monitoring devices.

I say it is all a hoax.

Gee wish it had not taken me so long to check out Grady's links, I see others have posted proof. Oil well, oils well dat ends vell.

Darn veres my gramma checka when I needs it?

[edit on 12/21/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
it's ok mpeake. just refrain from quoting air supply and chicago and you should be ok.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
It was first posted in RATS (the whole article), I think it was moved though??
Here's the thread on it in War On Terrorism:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The newsletter contianing the story was in RATS, and the thread you link to is a very good one, where the info from the newsletter is pretty much completely de-bunked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join