It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri National Guard's term for Ferguson protesters: 'Enemy forces'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Right, guns vs cameras, to protect your rights. Because journalists and protesters are rioting enemies even when they just stand still. Fair enough, we're the enemy all right. I guess it's us or you, and you've got the first move. Don't mess up.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
News media= agitators, outside anarchists= supporter, arsonist= passive protesters, grieving father= racial agitators, Al Sharpton=peace maker, Michael Brown= a small passive teenager, cop=dirty nazis, national guardsmen= storm troopers, Eric Holder= upholder of justice. I think that I have covered all the loonie tune sh*t.

It doesn't matter one iota what the NG calls the protesters. These people could be labeled anything and it would be an improvement because of this whole dirty mess. It couldn't have been handled more poorly by all involved.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

And so it begins OP ....

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If they had said, "Those people." It would have been racist.

Only if they believed that only "Black People" were burning stuff and raising hell and
White anarchist were not present.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
American protestors have moved our country to places it did want to go. Like labor laws, civil rights, women's right to vote, to name a couple. It is so wrong to see Americans protesting against abuses as the enemy. There really is a political faction in this country who will not stop til all American democracy is perverted.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

There is a difference between protesting and seeking a redress of grievances and rioting.

One is protected by the 1st amendment and one is criminal behavior. If a person doesn't know the difference then perhaps they should educate themselves first rather than bitching when they are arrested.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How far back in American history do you want to go for historical violent protests? Here is just one that I watched a documentary about "The Battle of Blair Mountain".

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'd suggest we call them what they are: enemy forces, criminals, felons and the like ..

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: aboutface

They were likely using a label they train with. Do you want to risk confusion in their actions and orders because you want them to suddenly have to act in a tense and confusing situation with a new, shiny and politically correct label so that we can all feel better about it months down the line?

Or would you rather they can do what they are trained to do responding to the order they learned to use? So that we can b**** about the terminology of their orders instead of the body count they racked up because someone acted out of confusion thanks to the PC termininology?

You have a crazy-good point here, Ketsuko! On he other hand, look at what they are doing for Jade Helm. They say hey are simulation "hostile" territory that is ever-changing. How is American soil simulating Hostile territory? Maybe if you guys were getting ready for a fight with good ol' Vlad, but other than that why would all your children need to see that operation.(JH starts June first, ends in September, the entire summer break? I still think it is a means for conditioning the citizens for a martial law) I didn't know they had Skyscrapers and wal-marts in the desert.

Sorry if this is irrelevant.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There IS a reason the NG were called out. These people werent protesting, they were rioting, and looting; both of which are criminal acts, so yesn they ARE the enemy. Period.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Actually, I like that the Missouri National Guard referred to the collective as enemies. Only because it reenforces the point of why the military is not to be used as posse comitatus in the US. It also emphasizes why the US and States are not supposed to have a standing army in times of peace, but that genie is too far out of the bottle.

But the Guard was doing exactly what they were intended to do...put down what was becoming an insurrection and restore order. And while police are also expected to do such duties, their status as an intermediary between the people and the military can only be stretched so far. Hence the need for the Guard to be called in by the Governor.

The lack of ability to separate a guardsman that hands out supplies in a disaster and the guardsman that aims a rifle at a looter is not the fault of the guardsman in particular. In fact those that cannot make that distinction deserve the title of enemy.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Posse commitatus is a federal law that can be revoked at anytime and only came into existance suring reconstruction.

Secondly it does not apply ro state guard units considering their commander in chief is the governor of the respective state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join