It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: drug-resistant intestinal bug spreading in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I guess I am on a disease research kick today. This one hits home because of just coming back from Mexico and a few family members had a stomach bug. Fortunately, Cipro knocked it out....that and some good probiotics.

Anywho...this one seems particularly nasty with bloody stools and headaches and all. Odd thing is, they are not stating where they think it came from. My guess would be from immigrants as the three states listed in the report, California/Massachusetts/Pennsylvania, all have very high immigrant populations.

Source

A group of bacteria called Shigella is responsible for 500,000 cases of diarrhea in the US every year. Now a new report says a multi-drug resistant strain of the bug is entering the country in infected travelers and causing a series of outbreaks.

Cipro is a first choice drug for treating shigellosis among adults in the US. Until recently, Cipro resistance was only found in around 2% of Shigella infections tested in the US.

In the new report - which describes investigations into recent clusters of Shigella infection in Massachusetts, California and Pennsylvania - the CDC say Cipro resistance was found in 90% of the samples tested.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wow ! From 2% to 90% resistant of Cipro ?
The boys and girls at the Bio weapons lab
have been working hard and will get bonus checks for sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Wow ! From 2% to 90% resistant of Cipro ?
The boys and girls at the Bio weapons lab
have been working hard and will get bonus checks for sure.

Yeah.....I thought that was a pretty shocking jump as well. Cipro knocked out whatever we had, but I would not like this new one to run through my family....that would be miserable.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Stomach bugs scare the heck out of me. I wonder if this is the same bug that was reported not too long ago. Or is it the same one? I believe they were also calling it the Dehli Belly bug that was also being reported coming from India.

I thought stomach flu season was over

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good work vasa on the threads...some interesting stuff you are finding...just wanted to give ya a shout out!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is a much more in depth CDC report on this:

Source

Although this Shigella strain is strongly associated with international travel, it is now circulating domestically. If introduced to populations of homeless persons, MSM, or children in child care settings, Shigella can spread rapidly and cause large, protracted outbreaks, as has occurred in the homeless population in San Francisco.

And the chart showing the rapid rise...

edit on 4/17/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

Good work vasa on the threads...some interesting stuff you are finding...just wanted to give ya a shout out!

Well thank you....

I get on certain kicks every now and then when something pops up and I just start wondering what else in that particular field is not being reported.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Cipros really bad for you, but it does get down to business.

There is a Swimming pool/spa disinfectant called Silspa and Sildate, that the active ingredient in it is TETRASILVER TETROXIDE or Ag404, Silver2oxide, Ag-o Its the same stuff that's in silver oxide batteries and smart card technology.

Its not a drug, but if you drink a jigger of it mixed with orange juice. it electrocutes any pathogen on contact. as long as you have no allergies to silver, you can instantly de-bug yourself without side affect

www.google.com...

www.genesisspasandpoolsupply.com...

Just make sure its the Disinfectant, not the energize..Lol

www.pesticideinfo.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

There is a Swimming pool/spa disinfectant called Silspa and Sildate, that the active ingredient in it is TETRASILVER TETROXIDE or Ag404, Silver2oxide, Ag-o Its the same stuff that's in silver oxide batteries and smart card technology.

Its not a drug, but if you drink a jigger of it mixed with orange juice. it electrocutes any pathogen on contact. as long as you have no allergies to silver, you can instantly de-bug yourself without side affect

www.google.com...

www.pesticideinfo.org...

Well that is a handy little trick. Will have to do some research on this to see how valid it is. If it works, I am down with it. I take colloidal silver and oregano oil a lot for this very reason. This method seems like a quick way to take care of it if something has already become onset.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Its best to pour the Silspa disinfectant in a glass quart jar for a few days and let the Silver crystals settle to the bottom..it looks like soot. take a suction ball or a large syringe and draw off all the clear liquid without disturbing the crystals. once you've removed all the clear liquid you can remove, pour remainder of contents into a gallon of water, preferably a glass gallon jug, then repeat removing the liquid..that will remove all the charging medium/sodium acetate buffer. and leave nothing but the Tetrasilver tetroxide. once you have the crystals, you can mix them with bees wax for topical's, mix in an IV bag for intravenous feedings, or to mix and drink...in a Pandemic you definitely want to have this stuff on hand..it could be the only thing that would save your life if everything else failed.

I keep one handy in the glass quart jar in its charging medium ready to rock and roll

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Its best to pour the Silspa disinfectant in a glass quart jar for a few days and let the Silver crystals settle to the bottom..it looks like soot. take a suction ball or a large syringe and draw off all the clear liquid without disturbing the crystals. once you've removed all the clear liquid you can remove, pour remainder of contents into a gallon of water, preferably a glass gallon jug, then repeat removing the liquid..that will remove all the charging medium/sodium acetate buffer. and leave nothing but the Tetrasilver tetroxide. once you have the crystals, you can mix them with bees wax for topical's, mix in an IV bag for intravenous feedings, or to mix and drink...in a Pandemic you definitely want to have this stuff on hand..it could be the only thing that would save your life if everything else failed.

I keep one handy in the glass quart jar in its charging medium ready to rock and roll

Can you find it on the market already extracted and ready to mix?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It used to be called Tetrasil, but they changed the name to Terrasil
www.ebay.com...
its a topical

you can search through chemistry wholesalers, but it might require you have a business to purchase it...its not a controlled substance, but they want you to jump a few hurdles to get your hands on it..that's why i went after the pre-charged Silspa..lol

www.americanelements.com...
in raw form it needs to be charged in a sodium acetate buffer for no less than 3 days, to give it its 6v per molecule charge

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
All that Tetrasilver Tetroxide is, Is Burnt Silver/Oxide, that soaked and dried to Hydrogen Peroxide...Basically silver rust and peroxide...Lol

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Shigella spreads really fast in child care settings even when all precautions are taken. Children just touch everything and then inevitably touch their face. The places where they're housing incoming immigrants would be a perfect setting for it to spread. Then you have them being dispersed all over the country, many who will not even know they are contagious. Fortunately people usually don't need antibiotics for it. It would still suck if this becomes endemic here.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

www.google.com...

www.pesticideinfo.org...

Well that is a handy little trick. Will have to do some research on this to see how valid it is. If it works, I am down with it. I take colloidal silver and oregano oil a lot for this very reason. This method seems like a quick way to take care of it if something has already become onset.

Thanks!

Wow..o.k., does the colloidal silver and oregano oil really work? I've heard of this but never tried it. I'd think that if it did work, the Gov't would have banned it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

www.google.com...

www.pesticideinfo.org...

Thanks!

Wow..o.k., does the colloidal silver and oregano oil really work? I've heard of this but never tried it. I'd think that if it did work, the Gov't would have banned it.

I take it more to keep things away than cure. And yes, for common bugs in the US it seems to work for me and the rest of my family. The colloidal silver tends to be able to take some bugs away quickly if not taken on a regular schedule, though I find that it is best to take a probiotic after.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the information.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

The resistance develops when people are treated - no Bioweapons lab required - and Immigrants don't get Cipro.

But not looking good. And Cipro is the only antibiotic I am not allergic to. Yipes.

top topics

join