It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers Unveil Secretly Negotiated Deal To Fast-Track Free Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Lawmakers Unveil Secretly Negotiated Deal to Fast-Track Free Trade

Well, I admit it I was wrong.

I was wrong.

I have written to my state Democratic party to remove me from their membership rolls. I realize that is a "symbolic gesture" but I'm done.

While understanding that both American political parties were corrupt, I have always maintained that the "core values" of the Democratic party were preferable to "the other guys."

They're all rotten and corrupt to the core. And, they're obviously in collusion ...

The hastily called Senate hearing on the TPA featured three of the administration's top officials on trade: Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and United States Trade Representative Michael Froman. The deal's backers are Ways and Means Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), Finance Committee Chairman Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and the top Democrat on the Finance Committee, Sen. Ron Wyden (Ore.)

The “trade promotion authority” bill, or TPA, would allow the White House to cut new trade deals with Asian and European nations, and then pass them through Congress using expedited procedures. Under these rules, the deals cannot be amended or obstructed, and they get a simple up-or-down vote.

I'm going for a walk.

Discuss.

edit on 7Fri, 17 Apr 2015 07:15:53 -050015p072015466 by Gryphon66 because: Link

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Democrat or Republican, anyone who says that "free trade" requires the introduction of new legislation instead of the removal of existing protectionist legislation must be at best misinformed or at worst corrupt.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

As hard as this is to say (and to believe I am saying), perhaps it it is time for all the people that are disillusioned with their parties to find common ground with one another. Wouldn't that make the politicians wet themselves

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

As hard as this is to say (and to believe I am saying), perhaps it it is time for all the people that are disillusioned with their parties to find common ground with one another. Wouldn't that make the politicians wet themselves

I am always glad to hear people distancing themselves from boiler plate politics.

Both Republicans and Democrats make the fatal error of relying upon legislative solutions to societal problems.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
we did a free trade agreement with China since Nixon and look where that has gotten us.

We lost our business and industry to cheap labor and lower quality, even our dollar is now in danger.

Thank you politicians and Elite for guiding us down the rabbit hole of national debt and death.

edit on 17-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If it gets passed EVERYONE is fooked not just you americans ... it gives corporations pretty much carte blanche to do whatever they want to ... but hey.. keep thinking its just you lot that will get fooked by it ...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
free trade is nothing more than a spread the wealth type of nonsense.

Tell OPEC to free trade oil and see how far that gets.

Everyone thought it was bad that America had all the trade for themselves so they commies cooked up Free trade agreements and now the US has been on the decline and the biggest communist Govt has all the trade.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Globalization again striking out at all countries. No , I agree with some posters this will not only hurt the US but other nations as well. But the need to make all nations in the world (and all people) the same has to be implemented . And now , they feel the need to further accelerate it as it is taking too long in their mind.
I am removing the R from me , I no longer care....taking a walk as well
edit on 09America/ChicagoFri, 17 Apr 2015 09:21:35 -0500America/Chicago430092135 by here4this because: add more

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
If it gets passed EVERYONE is fooked not just you americans ... it gives corporations pretty much carte blanche to do whatever they want to ... but hey.. keep thinking its just you lot that will get fooked by it ...

You hit that nail! It will be devastating to many countries. And because it's the US that's pushing it, many countries will be afraid to fight it. Sad. Really sad.
edit on 17-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

To my understanding, what ever Feds agree on, applies only on Feds and not on the States. This meaning, if they make nice rolls with that trade agreement I might have a gents idea how to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Take a look at Ralph Nader's "Unstoppable".

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There are plenty of problems with the proposed legislation, but the most concerning fact is that the PRESIDENT of the United States has colluded with the powerful Republican coalition to attempt to subvert the democratic process. And the DEMOCRATIC coalition is too stupid or too clueless or too spineless to even try to do anything to stop them.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Newsflash .. theyre all corrupt bastards who dont give a rats arse about the people theyre supposed to represent .. regardless of what they call themselves .. theyre corporate whores bought by the corporations to do their bidding ..

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I am telling ya. I saw an under reported interview with Bernie Sanders on CNN. He said it was too late. Corporations and lobbyists have completely taken over congress. I think the importance of that statement is beginning to sink in. The number one issue this election season should be complete overhaul of campaign laws and financing. But, voters will fall into the culture wrangling per usual and whatever distraction is fed to us.

new topics

top topics

join