It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Public Service Academy' Set to Launch at Arizona State University

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yeah, you're right. The graduates of this academy are going to put us all in FEMA camps, and we're all going to be gassed at the point of a gun.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Got it you trust in the all mighty govt to care for you cradle to the grave... Good luck with that.

Excuse me if I would rather follow the constitution and stand or fall based on my choices.

I wish you luck on your chosen path and hope you never have reason to regret it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

And I wish you luck on your chosen path of paranoia and hatred, and I hope you are able to find some semblance of happiness in spite of it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Damn, well that is absurd.

I still cant get over the whole shocker thing. I mean I do that in wedding pictures with buddies and what not.....but these are the future "leaders", RETARDS LIKE ME?

In the end they will fail. They can do all the damage they want. Unless you bring something more to the table, human nature just presses reset to any carefully laid out plans.

As it turns out, they are not reinventing human nature, but rather playing off it. LOL OK,

Like that hasnt been tried before. fear, force and fascism. OOOOHH what a novel idea. I wonder if the new technology we command will make it all work this time around.

Its things like this that make me feel really smart. I didnt even go to school and realize this is doomed to fail.

Sure, technology....oooh. Many soldiers, much rule.

here are some more to drive it home:

WOW weapons, many dominion.

Much brutality, nice obedience.

Wow leadership, much enlightened.

Great subversion, nice thumb no sun.

No human condition, great overlord smarts.

edit on 4 17 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Tada, please don't lose sight of the fact that this is a University. Having worked for one off and on for years, I can tell you their primary motivation is: MONEY. Sadly true, and won't come as a surprise to anyone.

Anytime any new program is introduced, or new course for that matter, they are going to give it a description in fabulousities (Yeah, I made that word up), in hopes of attracting students.

Students = Money.
It's providing veterans and peeps who might not otherwise have a change at higher education -- an opportunity. If it fails, they will phase it out.

Can't they be permitted to see what happens, or should it simply be trashed from the get-go?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A well used CIA front too.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Good luck with that.
WHAT makes you think we can't shut them down again?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

oh I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Its juts that breeding leaders like this has been tried before....and unless they are well connected ivy league kids with their parents networks and money, they fail. Sometimes even then, since you are only propping up pseudo leaders that just try to follow the direction showed to them...key word FOLLOW.

If they want to give veterans and otherwise disenfranchised people a chance at education then cool. I just think paying for books and tuition would do the trick without this nonsense.

Better yet, remove the profit incentive from education....while you're at it, from medicine, law and government too.

If you want to make money, start a business. If you want leaders, build up the population and wait for them to come.

This is all just absurd, and is laughable. I am not even threatened by it. I think its sad. Like seeing North korean "Party leaders" or Venezuelan politicians and just thinking, "damn, sucks to be you".

They can do, NO, Please do it. While they are busy with this its just that much less attention being given to the monopoly on information slipping through their fingers from organic population evolution.

Soon other monopolies will slip as well....and then they show their hand and we can get this whole idiotic song and dance over with once and for all.

I cant wait for these "leaders" to be released into the public and start to commit mistakes to our advantage.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

But what do you think about ROTC? Does this not compare as a similar program?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I liked ROTC. I tried the Civil air patrol. I will not even deny the benefits, I will one up it too. I think we should have mandatory compulsory enlistment into the military for one year or two like other countries in Europe used to have. I think that and an intensive course in civics should be what grants citizenship to even to natural born citizens.

WHY?

Because it would serve to make people healthy, and mindful of how to defend themselves and what their responsibility TRULY is to their people and country beyond leaders or trends in political climate....Its not about leadership. I think its more about learning a valuable skill while also learning how to shoot a gun and do basic soldiering. A population like that is usually well listened to.

Also, the pretense for ROTC or what I propose is not about leadership. Its about learning if the profession of arms is something you are geared to.

Leadership? How exactly do you breed leaders? How will these little princes in uniform fair when dealing with grunts or lions in general population? The level of contempt will be so high you will be able to hang a man on it.

There is a thin line that keeps our civilization from acting out on those feelings of being fed up, which everyone is. It will ony get worse until a breaking point is reached.

Here is a message to leaders hoping to breed the next generation of themselves or those who will serve their kids..
Solution: Start to meet the people halfway. These are not medieval illiterate peasants. Give them a chance to breed their own leaders, naturally and accept that your own children may not make the cut. Not everyone is a lion....yet those are the most suited to lead.

If you care about order in the land and prosperity for all then learn to step down....or like always people will rip you from even the best guarded throne and in the process destroy it. SO if the throne and rule is important, step down so as to preserve it.

I dont really want to entertain these thoughts, but they are true, no matter the willful ignorance or blind hope applied to "this time around".

I would rather just worry about little things and not even think about this mess. Its on them. I dont care either way. It will all work itself out eventually and I dont have much to lose. What I protect from loss doesnt even need a civilization. I cant lose it.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Here is a message to leaders hoping to breed the next generation of themselves or those who will serve their kids..
Solution: Start to meet the people halfway. These are not medieval illiterate peasants.

This is the very thing I zeroed in on in the description of the course. Training in negotiations, or as they described it, assisting others who have been unable to agree or communicate, to do so. I can't help but wonder who they will find to teach this, or what they will teach, because it's evidently something we haven't been able to do particularly well, or excel in, at least as it pertains to certain populations and demographics. So I wish them luck.

But in any case, maybe it will at least enable these students to find gainful employment following their training, and provide them with opportunities they might otherwise have, and perhaps contribute helpful productivity along the way.

Thanks for ! It's a little early for me, but I will definitely save it for later. ; )

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yeah I am sure something will come of it. Even if its just a fun experience. LOL They seem to be having fun, you dont throw the shocker up unless you are having a good time.

Lets hope they at least become productive members of society and are that much more better served thanks to it. I really dont have a problem with this. The direction I am almost certain this will take is just funny to me.

Here is another maam.

Be well!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sounds like a good way to get college students some exposure to the potential of public sector jobs to me. I think it's a great idea. Too many graduates have no understanding of what it means to serve the taxpayer, and they apply for public sector Federal jobs with expectations that are simply not realistic. Some of those people end up with public sector jobs but soon realize their earning potential is much higher in the private sector (unless they are scientists) and leave, thus wasting their time and ours.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

And remember what a Lion thinks,

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Good one.

Here are some more:

"If ever you feel like an animal among men, be a lion."
Criss Jami

"Do not try to fight a lion if you are not one yourself."
African Proverb

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That's not what this is about at all.

I would be nice to think of this as some lofty volunteer program, but to do so, you'd have to throw a bag over your head and pretend the slow downfall of America isn't really happening.

It's not THIS ONE THING specifically that scares people. It's everything that's happening along with this...that is scary.

And if you don't know what I mean, then you must not be on ATS very much.

Watch the Thrive documentary for a quick brush up on what is happening to our world.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Congratulations OP! I see you've mastered the art of propaganda. Honestly, keep this up and you might be able to get a job with one of the television news stations!

For example, you will take this:

In today’s complex world, problems transcend all kinds of boundaries. Many urgent issues require knowledge of and experience in government agencies, nonprofit organizations, the public and private sector, and in the military realm. These challenges require leaders who know how to collaborate across sectors; who are skilled in creating partnerships among people who are not accustomed to working together; who can communicate to diverse groups; and who embody a spirit of social responsibility and entrepreneurship

....and reduce it to making fun of uniforms, mascots, and whatever other superficial tidbit you might pick up on, while entirely disregarding the mission and real purpose, or minimizing and dismissing it. Maybe you could get a job with FOX news?

You're using their propaganda to illustrate how I'm a propagandist? This is just too rich.

You know, I provided like four or five links in the OP. Did you click on any of them before you accused me of minimizing and dismissing? The links are there so you don't have to take my word for it.

Even still, what's good for the goose is good for the gander at this point.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

President Barack Obama launched Employers of National Service in September 2014

These types of programs are a double-edged sword.

He is laying the foundation for his Foundation set to go into full swing (Barack and Michelle Obama Foundation) January 2017.

These idealistic youth will be used. Money will pour into the "grant kitties". Obama's Foundation will receive the $$$$. He and Michelle will get filthy rich just like the Clintons from it. A small part of the money, after executive salaries, travel expenses (and we DO know how much the Obamas like to travel!!!) and administrative costs have been paid, will go to the "cause". The volunteers will feel good about themselves.
edit on 17-4-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Yes, yes I know - they're going to put us all in FEMA camps and gas us all at the point of a gun.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: MRuss

Yes, yes I know - they're going to put us all in FEMA camps and gas us all at the point of a gun.

The "FEMA" camps are already in plain sight.

All the big city poverty areas are contained and compartmentalized.

The social assistance programs don't solve the problems, they maintain and cause increases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join