It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s time to end the war on drugs and rein in the DEA.

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Friend,

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee expressed “No Confidence”
in DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart in a bipartisan signed statement.

Instead of disciplining federal agents who allegedly participated in sex parties funded by drug cartels,
Leonhart let the agents off with a 10-day suspension.
This comes just as details are emerging of a decades-long warrantless spying program conducted by the DEA on billions of U.S. phone calls.

It’s ridiculous how scandal-ridden the DEA has become.

Leonhart even refused to acknowledge if marijuana was safer than coc aine and heroin back in 2012 — in open contradiction with the administration she works for.
This is the head of our country’s drug enforcement. This is unacceptable.

All told, these scandals show an out-of-control agency, run amok and literally in bed with organized crime.
And it’s an important example of how prohibition breeds corruption.

It’s time to end the war on drugs and rein in the DEA.

There is a petition out there that you will have to google as i can't post the link here but its super easy to find

this woman is completely out of control. The war on drugs is destroying families and our liberties at the same time. They spy on America just like the NSA and they also lock up non violent people for plants and powders, is it worth it? i say no

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Don't forget to mention Afghanistan

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Nice buddies.

It's almost like they create the problem for a guaranteed profit.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

There are several, many federal agencies that are unconstitutional and need to be, not just reigned in but eliminated entirely. The DEA is just one of the worst offenders of liberty. The Department of Education, Homeland Security, CIA, NSA and several others need to be eliminated as well. And don't forget the EPA, the Bureau of Land Management and a few more I don't recollect right now.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

There are several, many federal agencies that are unconstitutional and need to be, not just reigned in but eliminated entirely. The DEA is just one of the worst offenders of liberty. The Department of Education, Homeland Security, CIA, NSA and several others need to be eliminated as well. And don't forget the EPA, the Bureau of Land Management and a few more I don't recollect right now.

All of those and more-
but it won't happen.

All we'll see is more funding, less oversight and regulation, and more immunity to persecution.

Should be fun watching it burn, eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I lived in a particular Southern California apartment complex, owned by a slum lord and maintained by a greedy property management company.

Next door to me were some Russian-Israeli Ecstasy dealers. Continuous foot traffic and loud voices up and down the stairwell kept me awake throughout the night.

I asked the property managers if they could tell the neighbors to keep the noise down. Somehow these people twisted my noise complaint around, implicating me as a trouble maker. The property managers threatened me with eviction if I filed any more complaints.

So I decided to play hard ball with the drug dealers. I called the DEA, met with some undercover feds and assisted them in a stake out, dropping a dime every time someone came up the stairwell to purchase product. The DEA ended up blowing a major Ecstasy ring bust through what seemed like shear carelessness.

I'll admit, I saw it when I was in U.S. Coast Guard chasing drug traffickers out at sea and it seems to be true with the DEA as well, there is no intention of winning this protracted war on hard drugs. At times it almost appears as if the traffickers and feds are working in concert.

I have zero sympathy for hard drug dealers who are getting rich by destroying lives through facilitating chronic addictions; every single self-serving hard drug dealer can rot in Holy Hell.

[SNIP]

edit on 16-4-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Not supporting drug dealers , and it is obvious they are contributing to the degradation of society. BUT, its not solely their responsibility lest you forget we are a society they shoves hard core pharmaceuticals down people throats and even criticize those who won't buy in to our over medicated instant gratification consumer life styles. Society has a major role.l, also from less of a sociological perspective and just pure economics, where there is a market there is a marketer. So yes absolutely be pissed at the dealer he's on the front line of destroying souls but also and more importantly he is just a symptom find the root and cut it out, make it safe and legal for people to make personal choices (ie: take the criminal element out of the picture) and most importantly educate our youngster's without abatement tell the full truth and consequence of heavy drug use of addiction. Tell them if you can imagine the worst prison in the u.s addiction is like that accept you make the choice to be there everyday, And at some point those lines blur and your comfortable living only for that drug. Tell the KIDS the TRUTH!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Leonhart is a joke, but she has got to have her strings being pulled in order to say some of the bs she spouts.

She is scum, and I can't imagine ever wanting to be in her position. Maybe once upon a time she had noble aspirations of wanting to do good and help others. Now she is just a pawn in an effed up game that is just that, a game to her.

She makes me sick and quite angry as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I couldn’t agree with you more, penroc3. For years I’ve advocated for the abolishment of the DEA. It’s just syphoning off taxpayer dollars that could be used more effectively elsewhere. I read recently (can’t remember where) that the DEA has an efficiency rating of less than 1% at intercepting the flow of drugs into and within the U.S. If that’s the case, then I don’t know what the justification is for continuing the program.

I think we should do away with the Controlled Substances Act and the DEA. They’re doing much more harm than good for society. The War on Drugs was a fairy tale to begin with. It’s a “War” that can never be won, and has been about as successful as Prohibition was. It’s pretty obvious that when it comes to drugs, legality has no influence one way or the other. People who want to do drugs will do them regardless of whether it’s legal or not, and regardless of the price to be paid. Making them illegal simply makes their price go sky high, which consequently leads to more crime and countless lives being destroyed for no good reason. It’s pointless and destructive. I think we'd be better off by legalizing it and taxing the sales. We did it for alcohol (one of the most destructive drugs I know of); why not do it for the rest?

It’s funny to me that a government so lacking in morality on most issues can take such a strong moral stand on this one. But, that’s just my 2 cents...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It goes hand in hand in this corruption. The cartels pay them off, of course, they helped to make these cartels stronger and probably even created quite a few. Just as they run Mexico's cities, towns and police and as it's been shared in the media as of late the same with US boarder areas.

The proposed Marijuana scheduling change to remove it from Schudule I classification was shot down yesterday- more here. The cartels will remain in the clear while citizens are given the third degree.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

A never ending war equals cash cow. Why stop getting when the getting is always good?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The DEA has more money than God. I wont even say too much, since some things shouldnt be repeated all willy nilly, but basically they have the resources of all drug cartels they hit up for cold hard cash as a price for operating their business.

They make a few arrests when the money is all in one place, get millions of dollars that no one knows about in cash, cars, property, toys, guns, aircraft, boats, you name it...

They are allowed to do this because they fund some of our black projects....well that is what they say. Every missing dollar nowadays seems to go on the honor system and is squared away as going to national defense and counter terrorism or the war for drugs...

Sooooo much money.....just so much money....besides their formal budget.

Its insane.

You will never meet a poor DEA agent unless he is a rookie still paying his dues.....that changes quickly for them. They live like mafiosos.

edit on 4 16 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It is truly sad, i have first hand experience with drugs and drug uses and most of them are good people caught up in an addiction.

They get money when they go after the cartels from us tax payers then get money when they bust people cartel and other wise and then they make money AGAIN from tax payers to lock all those people up

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

The proposed Marijuana scheduling change to remove it from Schudule I classification was shot down yesterday- more here. The cartels will remain in the clear while citizens are given the third degree.

This.... Was crushing. The fact that the judge essentially said "maybe one day, but not today, not by me" says so much about corruption!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's all about the MONEY! We need to defund the US government. I wish there were a way somehow to do it. They would be singing completely different tunes without their massive unending money tree. I'm not just talking about this issue, but about every GD issue we face. The outrageous spending on items or issues no one needs; organizations and countries funded; lobbyists; wars.

Imagine if the government actually had a ceilinged budget for it's expenses, that WE decided! Instead, they tell us how they want and they take it and more. What a crock@! We need to tell them!!!! We're slaves funding their massive financial gains projects in every avenue the gov controls. It is beyond sickening. IT IS BEYOND SICKENING. What is the matter with us that we would not only put up with this but we embrace it because of one cause or another we happen to appreciate. We are effen SICK people!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I agree. The war on drugs has done more to harm our country and its citizens than it has helped them. FAR more harm. When we constantly say we are the land of the free but have the highest incarceration rate in the world, there is something wrong there. That isn't freedom. That is oppression.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What is the number one rule of business? The customer is king.

If there is no demand, there is no profit. You can have a supply of anything, but if there is no customer then there is no business.

The drug dealers are only providing a product, because the customers want it. Who is destroying us? Drug users.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
people have drug problems for many many reasons. to say that drug users are destroying the US seems a little narrow minded.

Of course there are the users doing drugs because they want to get intoxicated, but many are in a daily struggle and would love to be drug free but have no where to turn or can't afford it. I got really hurt in a car accident when i was on my bicycle and a man hit me in the cross walk because he wasn't watching the road.

i had to have MANY operations on my left hand and plates put on the bones on the top of my hand, needless to say i was in a lot of pain. The doctors gave me unbelievable amounts of very strong pain killers for ALONG time and i got hooked on pain pills and i ended up switching to heroin after my dr wouldn't give me anymore(the were prescribing me two 40mg OxyContin and eight 8mg Dilaudid/day for months), i needed help quitting and I'm working with a rehab right now.

I never wanted to hurt or destroy america. The reason i gave my story is two parts. 1. its socially acceptable for doctors to hand out painkillers like candy and then they are shocked when all these people are ending up with a opiate addiction(AKA legal drug dealers) 2. Drugs should be decriminalized and regulated and rehabs easy and cheep to get into. If that were the case there wouldn't be a drug issue like the DEA has created.

Mexico is pretty much a battle zone and the cartels get all there money from american drug users, if the US government wanted to destroy the cartels and make allot of money and at the same time help ALLLLLOT of people in America they would decriminalize and treat drug problems like a medical issue.

but you got to keep those for profit prisons full of non-violent 'criminals', right?

a reply to: WarminIndy

top topics

join