It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradigms of science.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
We all know that current science is constantly evolving, and many corporations and govenments watch this trend, however they sometimes fail to notice the revolutionary aspects. Things that are once thought impossible, become common day applications, sometimes within a few years. Unfortunatly humanity as a whole, cannot seem to escape the repetition that occurs because of scientific dogma. We are caught it a state of belief that many have been in the past, believing in our own knowledge of the world, only to find out that it is wrong or misinterpreted. That is partly why govenments are keeping their eyes open for shifting paradigms, to prevent continued lack of foresight, but will it work?

Here is a good article that describes some of our past paradigm shifts, and outlines what could(will?) occur in the future:

www.andrew-may.com...

Edit: content.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by Sigma]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This is a good read.

The feeling I got from it was, (for example) if Dreams were in anyway practical for use on a battlefield, then we'd know everything there is to know about them.

IOW - applicability, and especially military applicability equals all the necessary funding and political OK's and leads to leaps in science.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
How i am drooling for the next paradigm shift.....In todays society though i dont see any scientific head being able to come up with a new scientific dogma anytime to soon, the problem with paradigms is that a shift can take some time. Becuase scientists today are basing there theories on the current paradigm...Einstien. New blood needs to come in with fresh ideas on how to view the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My thought,

Math runs on almost pure mind/brain action. Science is discovering the frame of reference to work with and understand the world. Engineering and Technology are about using both of those often in conjuction with creativity to create real world constructions that affect people's lives.

The intersection of all these endeavors is the Mind/brain.

The ability to think clearly, deeply, intricately with inspiration and a good emotional hook for motivation lies at the heart of human progress.

All intellectual, scientific and technological progress stems from mental activity and motivation. It seems to me that if you could experiment and find out how to maximize human thought processes and actions you could create it as a focused, intended industry.

Under most circumstances new ideas, concepts and technologies are somewhat stumbled upon, with a directed process output could be greatly accellerated.

We are sometimes confined by our frame of reference(s). By treating that somewhat more loosely yet with some care, we might also grasp many things we had missed previously.

new topics

top topics

join