It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops: Oklahoma AG Unwittingly Opens Door For Satanists To Promote Beliefs In Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

You mean the statement where they advocate vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

I stand by what I said because survival of the fittest is not about vengeance or eye for an eye.

I don't know what you think survival of the fittest means, but I assure you it doesn't mean that,you can look it up if you want. Actually that would be a good idea so here I will post it for you.

survival of the fittest
phrase of survival
BIOLOGY
the continued existence of organisms that are best adapted to their environment, with the extinction of others, as a concept in the Darwinian theory of evolution.

Do you advocate a woman allowing herself to be beat upon by her man?

Again, I will ask you if you have ever read the BOOK?

WTF dude.

I just gave you the definition of survival of the fittest. You may not realize it but I look up stuff 9 out of 10 times before I factually post and that included the Stanic website but instead of me arguing the point here is another link for you that already addresses your assertion.

Like you someone else was under the impression that survival of the fittest is taught in Satanism. Pleaseread the reply carefully as it directly addresses that misconception.
Compassion in Satanism

altreligion.about.com... /Why-Satanism-Does-Not-Teach-anything-Goes.htm

Apparently you have NOT read the book!

You have danced around my question twice now.

So carry on talking about something you know nothing about...........

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I see.

You wish to ignore both the actual definitions of things and the actual teachings of what you claim to know. I am sure you didn't even read the links.

You are probably going by memory as well while claiming that survival of the fittest is a tenant of Satanism.

Why don't you post a link backing up your assertion instead of what you are doing? I have already posted several that says you are wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I see.

You wish to ignore both the actual definitions of things and the actual teachings of what you claim to know. I am sure you didn't even read the links.

You are probably going by memory as well while claiming that survival of the fittest is a tenant of Satanism.

Why don't you post a link backing up your assertion instead of what you are doing? I have already posted several that says you are wrong.

HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK????????

Simple question.

Why won't you answer it?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

II have read enough.

Here is the list of their books books

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR OPINION?
edit on 16-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

II have read enough.

Here is the list of their books books

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR OPINION?

So you admit you have NOT read the Satanic Bible?

Wonderful!

Congrats on trying to make me look like and idiot by saying I am speaking from my "Opinion" while you are trying to act like you know WTF your talking about!

Continue your oppressive attitude on telling people what they should know about something you have never read!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well to be honest, Satanism is probably not as harmful to children as Common Core.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

So in other words you can't back up you assertions.

While I have given several links you have given your opinion and the crown jewel of your entire argument is you claim to have read the book and that is it.

I haven't tried to make you look like an idiot if you did look that way it could only be asserted by examining your own words.

As I said I have read enough of it. It isn't something that interests me all that much, however if you can quote the passage you are talking about I would be happy to look it up in fact just tell me what page it is on just so I can make it easy on you.

If you can't do either just say so.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: erp

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Next Up , Gay Satanists March in Oklahoma at a Humanist Rally just for Publicity while Burning a Effigy of the AG of Oklahoma ....... CNN does a 2 Hour Report with Wolfie Blitzer on the Scene..

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

addictinginfo.org

In his effort to give conservative Christians the sole privilege of trying to indoctrinate kids in public schools, Oklahoma’s attorney general unwittingly opened the door for Satanists to hand out religious materials to students. Oops.

Earlier this month, conservatives blew a gasket after the Duncan Public School District put an end to a teacher handing out Bibles to her students after the American Humanist Association threatened to file a lawsuit to protect the religious freedom of students.

In response, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt decided to write a passionate defense of religious liberty which is coming back to bite him in the ass.

Pruitt basically declared in writing that any religion should be able to hand out religious materials in public schools, which means ANY religious organization can flock to a school in Oklahoma to load students up with religious reading materials to take home with them in the name of equal access. And one religious group is already lining up to do just that, and it’s an old adversary that Republicans are not going to like.

As it turns out, the Satanist Church of Ahriman is preparing to walk through that open door that Oklahoma’s conservative attorney general has generously provided with his written defense of religious liberty.

I am surprised that they didn't see it coming, it's quite difficult to allow Bibles to be passed out in school and then deny other religions the same opportunity to distribute their literature to our kids.

I suspect the Satanic Church in Oklahoma only exists to counter out the attempts of the religious right to put more Christianity into Oklahoma government and schools. I imagine if the state stops preferring Christianity they will just go away. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's truly a heretical organization, but I doubt it...

What say you, ATS?

More Here: Oklahoma AG’s Bible defense may have opened elementary schools to Satanist literature (rawstory.com)

It's like that "Satanist" group that put up a statue of Baphomet in response to Christians demanding the ability to have Judeo-Christian monuments in public. The goal is simply to show the hypocrisy. Once Christians realize that it goes both ways and that they don't want OTHER religions being able to hand out literature in schools or put up monuments, then they realize that such allowances are problematic.

It is sad that so many conservatives and Christians need to be taken to task in this manner just to "get it."

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
American Huminist is code for God-hating atheist, but really there is no reason for religion to be present on our high school campuses except to be taught in historical context. I also agree with you that Satanists aren't to be taken that seriously. The exist mostly to annoy religious folks.

Humanists are way worse than Satanists.

With all due respect, humanists simply stand for rationalism, science, liberty, etc. I'm somewhere in between religious people and actual true atheists. But the humanists have a lot of solid points. We wouldn't even have a secular relatively free society without the humanists and enlightenment era folk.

And when you say "code for god-hating atheist," you end up diminishing your own points.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
VOUCHERS!

Give parents the choice of where they send their kids. Then the Satanists can just go suck an egg.

You do realize that these "Satanists" are just doing this to put a stop to Christians trying to proselytize in public buildings and schools, right? Maybe it's the Christians that need to stop, so we can all just relax.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: Metallicus

How exactly can an atheist, who by definition doesn't believe in a god, be "god hating"? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

No, I think that many (not all) atheists hate God. The ones that don't believe in God don't go out of their way to make sure that no one else does.

The 'atheist' that works against those that believe in a God are either insane or assholes.

While yes, some atheists have anger against religions for what they have either done to them or society, I don't think most atheists hate god.

What they may hate is the judeo-christian CONCEPT of God, and think that it is wrong. Many agnostics and mystics also disagree with this concept, and the impact of religion on society. I disagree too.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have heard atheist say they hate god.

weird
edit on 113030p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

How exactly can an atheist, who by definition doesn't believe in a god, be "god hating"? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

It is - but the idea that some people just don't give a rotund rodent's rectum about their particular fairy is something they can't cope with - so they have to demionise (sic) it somehow

top topics

<< 1   >>

join