It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training records forged for Oklahoma reserve deputy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
New development on the fatal shooting of the suspect in Oklahoma. Tulsa Oklahoma sheriffs employees were told to forge Bates records on the amount of training he received. This crime occurred before the shooting and lead to an undertrained underqualified reserve deputy's Involvement on a tactical stakeout involving firearms.

Reporters at the Tulsa world said they began hearing almost immediately that Bates records were falsified. Apparently Bates bought his way into reserve deputy status. The newspaper claimed that it received information from the sheriffs department that lacked details like the supervisor's names who signed off on the training.

Myself being an old white guy does not like to throw this term around lightly. But at this point Bates training records and the accusations that because of his financial donations he received reserve deputy status.

It sounds to me like it is a simple case of " Money talks" !!

I mean Jesus Christ apparently they don't make enough money stealing from us with seizures, they now offer gratuities to people that financially support the sheriffs department.

Some supervisors at the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office were told to forge Robert Bates' training records, and three who refused were reassigned to less desirable duties, the Tulsa World reported.

Buy your way onto a police force, apparently you can.

edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If this is true the family will receive a massive settlement (this one won't even go to court). What a tragedy, and the pain and suffering of the dying man was captured for all the world to see and hear. Hopefully this will be made a little bit better for his survivors.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Personally I would like to see him go to jail and the sheriff go to jail. They should also choose one of the deputies that would not forge the documents as the interm sheriff. It sounds like Tulsa has a few honest men in their police Department.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I would like to see the devil kneeling on the wounded man's head cursing him as he died to receive justice.

I guess he has murdered before and I'm positive he will again.
edit on 16-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

That deputy showed the indifference many officers have towards civilian life

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Aleister

Personally I would like to see him go to jail and the sheriff go to jail. They should also choose one of the deputies that would not forge the documents as the interm sheriff. It sounds like Tulsa has a few honest men in their police Department.

They are so busted. It came out within hours that something was fishy. The Sheriff should absolutely go to jail. And who's idea was this and how long has it been going on and whose pockets are being lined? It's all so underhanded, it's a shame someone had to be murdered to expose it but I'm glad it's been exposed. How many more PD's do this? The term "doner officer" didn't seem to cause a stir so it might be a common issue, which is disturbing.
edit on 16-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

As a resident of Tulsa county, if this report proves to be true, it is wholly unacceptable.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RidgeWalker

Then put your opinion in words and send a letter to the editor, mayor, city Council, state rep ,Senator and representative.

At least attempt to get your voice heard I guarantee you your's will not be the only letter.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
But who told them to forge the records? Maybe Bates is another of those guys in on the scheme of regular police killings ? Or maybe he is a tool of those guys? Maybe this goes all the way up to the White House or higher?

Something to think about.

Sal

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

More than likely, it's just a "brother-in-law" sort of situation. IIRC, the sheriff is a client of Dep. Bates' insurance business, and is also a fishing buddy.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For $100 they let you write parking tickets.
For a $1,000 donation you get to ride in the SWAT vehicle
For $10,000 you get to taser someone.
Shooting someone with a pistol instead of grabbing your taser - priceless.

new topics

top topics

join