It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Yoda a Medieval monk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
(Mods, not sure where to post this, please feel free to move to another forum if necessary).

A 'Medieval Yoda' in the Smithfields Decretals, 1300 - 1340 CE.

This incredible picture and many others are posted on a blog created by Julian Harrison, a curator at the British Museum.
Here is the blog: britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk...

There are many pictures of grotesque and exuberant monsters that were feared in the Middle Ages.... but Yoda?

Is this proof that Yoda is real? ( ~sarcastic smile~).

edit on Thu Apr 16 2015 by Jbird because: fixed title

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In freemasonry they have a little green spirit
Guide who's name is yuda... Some conspiracy writers including bill cooper
Have the idea that yoda was a suddle reference to the brotherhood along with
Tons of esoteric meaning of the entire film..
But maybe it's just a great movie

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Today I have learned that Yoda had webbed fingers.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

i hope the Ancient Alien guys don't see that.
they'll be claiming that monks fought / feared Jedi and that George Lucas knows something about aliens visting earth.

edit on 16-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

by the way, i clicked your link and all i fet is a blank screen, no 404 or anything but a blank white screen.
if i take the /digitisedmanu_/ off the address britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk... get the blog but have no idea what to search for i tried monks, yoda but no luck.
edit on 16-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
"Monk medieval be thee, ashes and sackcloth wear I, grue and insects consume, frog swim forth and back" - (inscription found on Yoda's tomb)
edit on 16-4-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Too much hair, and aquatic. Distance cousin perhaps.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
@Mods: I just realized I missed a 'v' in the title... can anyone fix it for me please?

@Navione: Maybe Yoda had a secret esoteric meaning, I wouldn't be surprised if the creators of the movies did just that. I was actually thinking that maybe one of the authors saw this medieval manuscript and got the idea of Yoda from it.

@Greencmp: yep, webbed fingers... but don't they look similar! Maybe there were different types of Yoda and this one was amphibian.

@Hounddoghowlie: the title of the article where Yoda is depicted is called 'Ten things to know about Medieval monsters'. Here's the link again, I hope it works.britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk...

@ Aleister: ... some may start looking for that tomb now.... lol

@Zazzafrazz: maybe one of them was a more evolved Yoda... ;-)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Yeah, I have to admit the little guy is a dead ringer.

"Creative art reuse" on Lucas's part we shall call it or, perhaps simply, a tip of the hat.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

didn't work, i think it's copyrighted, some stuff will copy and paste some won't.

Other than where permitted, no part of the Content maybe sold, resold, licensed, transferred, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or in or on any media to any person without the prior written consent of the British Library.

the way i found it was to delete the part i posted above and left the address. then i searched using the sites search came up with nothing. so i went to the top and looked under collections, saw Medieval Manuscripts went there and scrolled down to Ten Things To Know About Medieval Monsters.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And another one... this time Yoda (or Nosferatu) and Gandalf the Grey smoking a pipe - 14th / 15th Century Polish Bible
(eosin.dreamwidth.org...)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That is uncanny how similar the monk looks to Yoda. Never thought about Mason connections to the movie before. Gunna have to watch the films now with a new set of eyes and perspective.

I did notice a lot of the Buddhist/india references. Dagoba = Buddhist stupa. Padme = lotus blossom. Jedi Knights = Samurai or maybe Shaolin Monks. Darth Vader/Conversion form the light to the dark side/ the destruction of the Jedi Temple = Bai Mei's story in Chinese literature. Chi Gong = "The Force"

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yoda = Badass.

Medieval monk or Jedi, makes no difference.. Yes..

new topics

top topics

join