It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts and Unfinished Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Seeing ghosts isnt something Ive ever enjoyed. Mainly because it isnt just disembodied people that you run into. Anyway, I know a lot of people like a good ghost story, so I thought I would share one of mine. And hopefully you will share one of yours. This is about unfinished business, and how it does really matter in the after life.
Back in 2010, I was sensing a very tall male figure in my home. I wasnt afraid, and I have found through the years that if you ignore them, they will go away. I dont really think its my job to fix their problem, so I dont get involved in their drama.
So, the ghost would stand in my doorway and I would have to push through him when I entered a room, and he would stand like on my shoes close to me and it would just be a totally thick dark matter, that I would have to sludge through, he also lit a couple of candles which isnt at all cool. This went on for a few weeks. He wasnt threatening or trying to scare me, so I just kept ignoring him.
Im a genealogist and one day, I was in the middle of researching some family roots, and I could feel him behind me. He leaned around me and grabbed my laptop. It started scrolling and clicking on names, then zap, it was burned out. Im like, its "on", Mother #%##$. I wasnt at all happy. I called my niece and complained about the dark matter that was pestering me. I knew I was going to have to open myself up to find out why he was haunting me.

A few days later, I checked my email (I also have a desk top) and I got the following message. Im letting the rest of the story be told from the actual emails. Our personal family related information is edited out. They tell the story, in sequence.

I believe I may be a descendant of John xxxxx . My father's name on his birth certificate is Dixie. His father is Herbert and his mother is Edna. We do not know anything about Herbert as my father has not seen him since he was five years old. We do know that Herbert was born in 1916 in Llano, TX. If you know anything about Herbert or his family, I would very much appreciate any information that you have. I am trying to put together a family tree and it is very difficult as I don't have any relatives from my father's family to ask.

Thank you,
Julie
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:54:24 GMT

My Reply:

Hi Julie,

I am the granddaughter of the John from your email. I am forwarding a 1920 census record that shows Herbert and Katherine as living with their Aunt. I also show Iva as their mother and Willie or William. I did a couple of quick searches on your Herbert and I think this is probably the right one. So, basically I think your Herbert is my fathers 1st cousin. I would search early Texas marriages and look under William, if there is a record of who he married. Maybe Herbert was born in Llano county and not the town of LLano. Also, I think William died in 1931. I hope this is helpful.

Kat

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 22:07:24 -0700

Her Reply:

Hi Kat,

Thank you so much for the information you provided. I was actually trying to find out if this Herbert is indeed my grandfather. Herbert is named the father on my dad's birth certificate. It says he was born in Llano, TX. He was married to Edna (my dad's mother). This is all we know about Herbert because when my dad was 5 years old, on April 11, 1948 Herbert shot my grandmother to death. He went to prison for a few years (we don't know how long). My dad never saw him again. Herbert came to see my dad when he got out of prison (when my dad was around 15), but my dad was still bitter and refused to see him. My dad was raised by his mother's sister and the family refused to ever talk about Herbert, so my dad never learned anything about his father. I guess I need to search for marriage records for my grandmother and grandfather to see if I can learn more about him that way. Again, thank you for your help. I've just started researching my family tree, so any other helpful tips you have would be very much appreciated.

Julie
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:01:29 GMT

My Reply:

Good Morning,

This has been a mystery to me also, at first I thought my grandpa had been married before, but I realize that because of the dates of birth, it couldnt be.

I am wondering, where Edna was living when she was shot? I found an Edna Who died the same day, as your Edna, living in Kern.

Kat

My note: That night, I was awakened at 3:30 am. the ghost would turn the light on, and I would turn it off, this went on for several minutes, until I said, what the ^&%$ do you want? He told me to please go to the computer, and he led me to find some newspaper articles about the murder of his wife. He had also killed an innocent bystander in a busy cafe at the same time. I did not provide links to the newspaper articles, because they contain personal information. I can provide them to a moderator if necessary. And I can share the full original emails with a moderator if needed.

My reply again:

Hi Julie,

I found a 1948 Bee news clipping of the shooting. From the article, I learned that your dad was in McFarland to kill Coyotes. My dad also lived in McFarland, as a professional tapper that worked for the state of California killing Coyotes. I have older siblings who were born in McFarland in the late 40s. I will call my mom and older sisters and see what they remember. Dont get your hopes up, mom is 82 and doesnt always remember what she wants to forget.

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:15:20 -0700

Her Reply:

Hi Kat,
It sounds like we are indeed talking about the same Herbert. How did you find the article in the Bee? Did you find it on an archives website? I would like to see that.

Julie

Subject: RE: Herbert

My Reply:

I called my mom, she is 84, (I asked her age) and she does remember Herbert. She said she doesnt remember Dixie, but when Herbert came by he was very upset about his son. Which matches what the paper said about the reason he shot her. She said he was much taller than most of us, and was a really large man. And that when she met him he was on the run from the law in Texas.

I saved the newspaper clippings, census records, death certs that I have found on the ancestry page I sent to you. My mom said she thought Herbert was Uncle Willie's son. Which also fits with what I have found in the census records. I havent heard from my sis about the old pics she might have. I am going to go out to moms to look through her old box. I will let you know if I find anything.

I was awakened at 3:30 this morning, and was compelled to look for the newspaper article.

My note: at this point that was all the explanation I was going to give her, but Herbert is standing over me and telling me to tell her that he woke me up at 3:30, Im sitting there arguing with him and telling him that, I dont want to tell her that a freeking ghost woke me up in the middle of the night and made me look for newspapers. Ive never met this women, I dont want her to think Im nuts", but he kept pressing me to tell her the truth, then he started to grab the computer, so Im like STOP, ok you win, and this is how I finished the email:

Continued on next post

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I didnt want to tell you this because it is so bazaar, and you dont even know me. But, for the past few days, I have been haunted by the presence of a very tall man. (Ask my neice, her name is also Julie, she will tell you that I told her about this) anyway, at 3:30 this morning the light by my bed kept coming on.And yesterday, I swear, a candle lit itself in my bedroom. And, when almost the first thing out of my moms mouth was that he was a very tall man, I just knew, that Herbert is really pushing me. I really feel he lead (actually pestered me) to find that newspaper clipping. I think it will give your father some clues about him.
Kat

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:52:41 -0700

Her Reply:

Kat,

I subscribed to Ancestry.com I read the newspaper articles you put on there. Thank you for your research! It is very interesting to find out so much about relatives I knew nothing about. My dad had no idea that they fought over visitation of him. I just got off the phone with him. We talked for almost two hours about all of the information I found out (thanks to you). I read him the articles. He remembered that his Grandpa talked alot about also being a trapper. I wonder if that is how Lorene and Herbert met. Maybe his grandpa introduced Herbert to Lorene. I guess we'll never know about that.

It is interesting that you said Herbert was a tall man. When he came to see my dad after he was released from prison, my dad was in a house and looked out the window and saw a very tall man talking to his grandpa. His grandpa came in the house and asked him if he wanted to see his dad. My dad said no and that was the last time he saw him. This is the only thing that my dad remembered about his dad; that he was tall.

You know, its interesting about what you said about Herbert pestering you last night. I was up very last last night. (or early, depending on how you look at it) I have been having trouble sleeping. It was around 2:30 AM and I prayed before I went bed like I usually do. But for the first time ever, I prayed that God would help me find out some information on my grandfather. You said it was around 3:30 AM YOUR time when you felt compelled to do some research. That is 2:30 AM MY TIME! Very Interesting! I've always wished we had more family. He's never seen a picture of his father and is excited to see it as well as the picture of his mother. Anything your mother has would be a treasure to see.

Julie

My Note: There was a picture of his father and mother in the newspaper article.

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:40:31 GMT

Hi Julie,

It occurred to me that I am probably the closest living relative to your grandfather, that you have ever met. I want you to know that I am deeply honored to have helped you find some roots.

I think it is very important to Herbert to connect his son back to his roots, and I got a real sense that he wanted his boy to know the argument was over getting to see him. I think the information in the Newspaper was info he really wanted your dad to have. I also, think he chose to help you through another person, so that you and your father would know how much this mattered to him. And those are the words he kept whispering in my ear. "I want them to know how much they really mattered" I think the pics of Dads old Jeep, and trapping pics, might spark some memories. I wish you were close enough to hug. Your grandpa Herbert made this personal to me. Kat

Herbert hung around for a few days after that, and I was in my sisters kitchen, telling her all about my latest ghost encounter, and I proceeded to tell her that Herbert is standing right in front of her, so she reaches out to touch him and cold chills ran up her arm. She jerked her hand back and yelled, at me "God your weird, Katherine, how does this stuff happen to you?" lol

The next morning, I woke up early and I immediately felt him next to me laying on my bed. Which scared the stuffen out of me. I jumped up and yelled, WTF? And he said, "this is the closest feeling I have had to my grandma Texanna's feather bed. Your energy is so much like hers and I just wanted to feel that one more time. (His father died when he was a small child and was raised by Texanna) I told him that I didnt really care about his "grandma's feather bed fix", and that he had to leave. He left, and he has never been back since.

Texanna was my gr gr grandma.

If you have any unfinished business, ghost stories, please share!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So...
This is fiction, I am assuming?

I have no stories with regard to unfinished business. Although I have had my share of paranormal experiences.

I skipped the emails back and forth and just read your notes, your experience. I was interested until I realized that this didn't actually happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

This really happened. It isnt just a story.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yeah sounds like it happened to me. It's kinda too weird and random to just be some story.
Interesting experience, OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
"He leaned around me and grabbed my laptop. It started scrolling and clicking on names, then zap, it was burned out. Im like, its "on", Mother #%##$. I wasnt at all happy."

"My note: That night, I was awakened at 3:30 am. the ghost would turn the light on, and I would turn it off, this went on for several minutes, until I said, what the ^&%$ do you want? He told me to please go to the computer, and he led me to find some newspaper articles about the murder[...]"

"Herbert is standing over me and telling me to tell her that he woke me up at 3:30, Im sitting there arguing with him and telling him that, I dont want to tell her that a freeking ghost woke me up in the middle of the night and made me look for newspapers. Ive never met this women, I dont want her to think Im nuts", but he kept pressing me to tell her the truth, then he started to grab the computer, so Im like STOP, ok you win, and this is how I finished the email:"

You write a lot about interacting with the ghost. A level of interaction that has never been documented before.
The ghost appears as a physical mass in the form of dark matter that interacts with objects in our reality. The ghost can speak to you? Argue with you?

Please record this interaction.

Until then. All interaction with "Herbert" is fiction and too fabulous to even fathom.

------------------------------------------------
Edit: I apologize for the jaded response.

edit on 16-4-2015 by bluetrees because: Care bears

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

One little ghost story this reminded me of.

I lived in an old showman's wagon for a while. One night I woke up and realised there was a ghost lying on the bed in the same place as me. I was lying inside the ghost. It was a bit odd but not threatening. Took a while to get back to sleep.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

I didnt record the conversations with Herbert. The only tangible proof of this account that I have, is the interaction on email. I can send the originals via email if you pm me. But, they are lengthy and full of family related info that I think would be boring to anyone who isnt related to me.
Ive never experimented with the evp recording devices. And I dont really want to, because I dont want to encourage the other side to bother me.
But, weather you believe me or not, these are the actual emails. This truly happened. I have been plagued with the after world for many many years, some people find it amazing and fascinating, but I dont. I went through many years of getting the begeezes scared out of me. Im not afraid of most of them any more.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

How did he speak? Was it as a clear as a human talking to you or was it faded?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mwsmith

Well, its hard to explain, but its a series of images, and feelings. Its like my personal energy, somehow senses and feels what other people feel, this happens with everyone, not just dead people. But, I have learned to keep my energy (for lack of a better term) sucked into my body. But, if I let myself spill outside my physical body and it brushes up to other peoples energy, I feel everything they feel. I have had to learn to distinguish between my true feelings and those that belong to other people. Otherwise, I have dissolved into a pool of tears, for nothing, and later realize the person I have touched, has had horrible trauma. I have had horrible trauma in my own life, that is one reason I think this happens. I feel what they feel, because I have similar feelings. I think that is why the ghost pressed himself against my physical body, when I was ignoring him.
So, its a series of images, thoughts, feelings, and impressions. When I am not going in the right direction while trying to understand the message, their energy pulls back, when I am right on, they press closer. I knew I was going to have to deal with the Ghost so I allowed myself to open to him. This ghost was way more dense than any other I have encountered. My theory is that because he is my own kin, our energy is a lot the same, so I was able to "feel" him as being so dense. Or he was able to absorb more of my energy which made him more dense.
Sorry, This probably only makes sense to me. And all I have are theories.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If this is non-fictional. It is one of the most detailed non-fictional ghost stories I've ever come across on this forum. And i been reading accounts on this forum for years. I'm on the fence to whether you made this story up or not, because there seems to be inconsistency to your story compare to most ghost encounter stories I've read...and I've had a few of my own encounters. The last part of your story about the spirit actually talking to you, is pretty far-fetched. Unless you're really in tuned to spiritual energy, most of the time they don't talk. Even some of the real deal psychics out there don't communicate with the dead thru words, always thru imagines. And when they do talk, it's always sounds like whispering, usually whispering you can't make out with the human ear.

The motto of this website is to deny ignorance. Plus i'm open minded, So I'm not saying you're story is fake, but you will find out the old timer ATS members on this forum aren't easy fooled either. Good story either way.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

That's an interesting response. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

I explain in the response above yours that it is a series of images.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think this is a very believable story. Probably the most believable I've read on here.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Interesting, I wonder if someone passed away in that bed, or if he was just a really tired ghost.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

In a different, derelict showman's caravan I had an unsettling couple of minutes. Although it didn't move I had the overwhelming impression it was swaying from side to side and going up and down hills as if the memory of its epic travels was being replayed.

There must be sound reasons for old customs like the caravan burning seen at 22 seconds in this video.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I didnt realize the Gypsies burned the dead persons possessions. But, in many ways I think the Gypsies were much more open to the after life and earth energies than most of us. So, as poor as these people were, there had to be a really good reason to burn their stuff. Maybe through out history, finding a ghost in your wagon like you did was more common than we realize. It might have become the custom to just release the spirit and its energy. Cause energy can replay itself too.
Interesting!!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nemox42

The truth is that if you do enough research into ADC (After Death Communication) you learn that there are a variety of ways that mediums (those who feel that they can communicate with passed individuals) experience ADC. Many do hear with what seems to be their ears, and see with what seems to be their eyes. This is due to the stimuli receiving circuits (located within the brain) that are actually being affected by an intelligent communicator, and not due to the sensory organs themselves picking up sound waves or photon wave length arrangement disturbances that have been manipulated.

In fact, there are those instances (not rare by any means) where a person with no mediumistic tendencies is surprised by what seems to be a voice or a vision of a deceased loved one; usually shortly after the loved one's death. Again, it's not the actual materialization of the deceased, but the affectation of the grieving one's stimuli receiving circuitry (generally by an more experienced ADC practitioner as a transition-easing gesture to the newly deceased) with the vague-but-comforting "I'm okay" smile or message to help ease the trauma being experienced by both individuals, even if never to the degree of settling the question concerning the survival of human consciousness to anyone else's intellectual satisfaction.

Mediums (those who are biologically predisposed to "glitches" in their stimuli receiving circuitry) get errant data packets (not filtered out by a process that is much too complex to get into here) that slip through from time to time, and for them, these can be experienced in the same manner that the rest of us experience authentic visual/audio/tactile external stimuli data packets. I suppose it can be likened to what schizophrenics experience as full-blown hallucinogenic sensory immersions, although these are not being manufactured by their own brains (as is the case with schizophrenics), but are either being perceived as environmentally available information sets or are being inflicted upon the medium by an intelligent and purposeful human agent. Both are experiences that are not representative of what is actually occurring within the material realm, and in that sense, they are similar.

The Scientific Method (model replication within a controlled environment) won't ever be useful in determining the nature of this sort of thing, any more than it's ever been useful in determining the nature of thought or experience in general. If you're waiting on proof of ADC via the Scientific Method, then you'll be long dead before scientists ever get around to realizing that only a sliver of reality is amenable to that sort of examination protocol.

new topics

top topics

join