It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambien turning ATS to 3d

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I used to take Ambien, but it started becoming hard to tell dreams from reality. First the dreams started getting more and more realistic, and then the reality started to get more and more surreal. I started losing memory during the day, too - one friend whom I owed money to noticed this and asked me to pay him back multiple times in a row. He got a few extra bucks from me that way. The dreams started getting lucid enough that I had to stop taking it.
edit on 16amThu, 16 Apr 2015 00:04:01 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Stories like these are the reason why I don't even take Tylenol or anything any more....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Stories like these are the reason why I don't even take Tylenol or anything any more....

I couldn't agree more.

Granted, a couple beers and I'm good.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

A little more than stange... that's frightening!

Do you have any theories about where the blood came from?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ambien is the scariest drug I've ever taken. You couldn't pay me to take it again, surprised it's still on the market and prescribed as frequently as it is. There's much safer options available.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry but really, somebody had to say this after reading of all this insanity...

And yet cannabis is still illegal in 48 states. other than a few like CA for medicinal use.
I have it on good word that certain strains can help you get to... to... *yaaawn*
Zzz... Zzz... Zzz...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Half of my ATS posts happen while waiting for my ambien to kick in. Explains a lot doesn't it?

edit on 4/16/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

One night I took ambien,

and the next day I "woke up" as my gf was calling my name.

I was taking out the trash, I had on a different shirt, unbuttoned with my chest bare, and dry blood all over my hands. My bottle of ambien empty.

strange, I had no wounds.

Dude, that wasn't the Ambien, you were abducted by aliens during the night.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

OP, haven't you heard of melatonin??? It's the natural sleep hormone, is sold over the counter and in all health food stores, Whole Foods, and anywhere that makes sense, and is all you probably need to fall asleep.

Do you use this? Any side affects and does it work? I have trouble sleeping at night, that's why I'm responding to your post at 5:45 am.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Do you use this? Any side affects and does it work? I have trouble sleeping at night, that's why I'm responding to your post at 5:45 am.

Mine was it quit working and I ended up more insomniac than before.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Aleister

OP, haven't you heard of melatonin??? It's the natural sleep hormone, is sold over the counter and in all health food stores, Whole Foods, and anywhere that makes sense, and is all you probably need to fall asleep.

I use melatonin and it does work for me. And if not that I'll use Valerian. They both have very little side-effects. Just very vivid dreams, that I've had.

I use 2 5mg pills though. It's pretty strong (for the melatonin). But one 5 mg pill works for a lot of people, it puts my wife right to sleep. And some only need like 2mg.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I am surprised it is still on the market. I have heard so many horror stories about it. I too, took it for a short time. My wife threw it out after I would wake up in the morning with my face and pillow covered in chocolate.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
my doctor had me on ambien way back when it first came out. i was having trouble sleeping right before my youngest son was born (which is odd...i can sleep anywhere, at anytime).

I had to stop taking it when, after several incidents, my wife was woken by the neighbors one night. Apparently I was hanging out of the bathroom window, yelling for the dog to secure the prisoner at the north gate, and caught the neighbors attention.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtypicalJ
I am surprised it is still on the market. I have heard so many horror stories about it. I too, took it for a short time. My wife threw it out after I would wake up in the morning with my face and pillow covered in chocolate.

LOL....if you only knew.

This is why i stopped drinking.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I can tell you, I use it, and it puts me out in about 15-20 minutes. I only take one pill, and it doesn't always keep me asleep, sometimes I wake up after 3-4 hours.

I have never had any side effects from it, and trust it more than anything like ambien.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is awesome! (Probably not at the time) You sound like a hoot!

I have only had one experience with Ambien. They gave it to me during my 3rd day of labor with our first child. The hospital never checked why I wasn't dilating but was fully effaced and thought I was just anxious with my first delivery. Anyway, they decided to send me home once again, but gave me some Ambien to "help me relax".

Boy, that's when the craziness started. I had been up for the 3 days while I was in labor so I was exhausted at this point. My husband got me home and I guess I was wandering all over the house bleeding on stuff. He finally convinced me to lay down upstairs in our bed and I could swear our bedroom was now a grass hut. SpongeBob and Bugs Bunny were running around doing some kind of weird chant in the shadows. Every time I had a contraction, it was like some signal for me to start digging in the treasure chest that I saw right next to me. I was sure there was some amazing gold medallion from a lost civilization down in there. When my husband came in to check on me after cleaning up the house, I was yelling at SpongeBob, digging through my imagined chest, and was convinced that he was Dracula. I was very suspicious of him because come on, he was Dracula. I had lost all track that I was even in labor at this time. He finally convinced me that he was a good guy and that I needed to get back into the car and up to the hospital. They admitted me as soon as they realized the extent of my hallucinations.

It's crazy, but in a way, it saved my son's life. He was turned the wrong way and was trying to come out face up which is impossible to do since the bones don't collapse in the front of the head. The hospital whipped into action once they realized that he was in distress from being stuck in the birth canal for the 3 days that they kept sending me home. As soon as they got him turned, he was born with one push and they took him and started working on him. It was scary times, but he is a very health little guy today and I will never take another Ambien after all the crazy stuff I saw that night. Who on earth thought it was a good idea to give this stuff to a woman in labor? Crazy!

~OkieDokie

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I had to stop taking it when, after several incidents, my wife was woken by the neighbors one night. Apparently I was hanging out of the bathroom window, yelling for the dog to secure the prisoner at the north gate, and caught the neighbors attention.

Lol, sounds like Amibien should be taken off the market. It seems like everyone has a story with this drug. I can imagine what your neighbors were saying about you after hearing that, lol. Do they look at you differently now?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That was so long ago...they are probably dead by now (they were in their 70s, and this was in 97ish). Not to mention I moved a few times since then.

It is the only time I have ever taken anything for sleep. I can literally sleep anywhere, any time, on demand.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't know about the effects of Ambien, but I do know that certain color combinations trick the retina in the eyes to see a 3-D effect from a 2-D surface.

By using a black or nearly black background and placing warm and cold colors on it, the warm colors (red, orange, yellow) will appear to pop out and cool colors (green, blue, violet) will appear to recede. No drugs needed for this to happen. Of course, if you close one eye, the 3-D effect disappears.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join