It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS To Purchase 62 Million Rounds Of AR-15 Ammo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: amicktd

It's all for training, just have to read the procurement notes to know this.

What doesn't happen every is the federal government working to make the purchase / ownership of those bullets illegal.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yea um I don't buy that it's for training... To many bleeding rounds for the small numbers of armed federal agents to be just for training.

18 years usaf and for the last 14 the only time i got to qualify is right before I deployed... No deploy no range time. Reason being a shortage of ammo...

Several years ago I added up the numbers of acknowledged armed federal agents and it was less than 50k. Let's call it 100 k federal agents now, now does anyone have any idea what the military uses for training?

Cause I would love to compare the two...

I don't know why these massive purchases are occurring... But for training such a small number of armed agents (compared to military numbers) I don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"Plumbing" is from the Latin word for lead, plomb. All pipes used to be lead. No one died. We know that excessive exposure to lead vapor is very bad. Leaded gasoline floated around in the air for decades, and everyone accumulated lead in their bodies. But no one got sick from the tiny quantities of lead. Leaded gasoline was banned.
The DHR story will likely lead to a .223 shortage, whether it means anything or not. Right now WallyWorld has plenty.
I keep a good supply of ammunition for all my guns, but I'm not going all Doomsday Prepper about it, even if something is in short supply. Stockpiling only makes it worse. LOL, people will pay you in .22LR around here.
a reply to: Seamrog

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

You cannot get good ammo in my area.

There are guys who get the info on when the shipment comes and will be there waiting in the morning - cleaned out in 15 minutes.

Not that I need ammo.

I don't own any guns.

None.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You will probably live your whole life without that making any difference. Probably.
a reply to: Seamrog

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: wasaka

Hang on, this arrives every year, and the same paranoia erupts on here every year. You would have thought that by now people here would have realized that this is nothing more than a bulk buy, to save money. This happens regularly, and every single time it's published on right-wing blogs and ranted about by conspiracy theorists as "evidence" of something, and then nothing ever happens!

They've been doing this for years, and they still haven't come for your precious guns, they still haven't started rounding people up for the FEMA camps, they still haven't changed their routine drills and exercises to enact Martial Law...

At what point will people here finally work out that none of this has ever happened, despite the almost daily claims that it's about to at any moment? I could go back five years and see the same threads with the same irrational nonsense over and over and over again, and none of it has ever happened.

It's actually frustrating, I would love for once to see something actually come of these fear-mongering stories, you would all fill your pants instantly.

If we printed out all the threads made about the supposedly coming Martial Law, ammo buys, false flags, FEMA camps and other such nonsense, we would probably have enough paper to cover the world ten times.

There are many changes taking place in the world and to the world. There may be something known by the authorities that has them preparing, I don't think that is an outlandish idea and certainly worth keep an eye on.

It could concern the foundations of the financial markets, we all know it is basically a pyramid scheme which must at some point fail, it could be a huge change in view to switch from oil, whatever it is could be the makings of uprisings, it could be something like this.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I think this is the same fear mongering rubbish as all the other DHS ammunition purchases over the years.

Same thoughts here. They've been buying huge quantities every year for a long time now. Also, DHS purchases all this as an umbrella and then sends it out to other agencies. Makes it much easier to send it all to one law enforcement source and then have them sort it out, rather than selling smaller amounts to a myriad of other agencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Like I said previously, what obstacles are in the way preventing someone from opening up a new ammunition company? It seems like whoever does this would make a lot of money, considering the government seems hell-bent on buying as much as they can.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Like I said previously, what obstacles are in the way preventing someone from opening up a new ammunition company? It seems like whoever does this would make a lot of money, considering the government seems hell-bent on buying as much as they can.

First you have to get the proper license from the Feds before you can start your own ammo company. Once you get all of that, you're going to have to fight your way through name brands like Remington, Federal, PMC, etc... and then also have to deal with the cheap Eastern European and Russian imported stuff, and then you'll also have to deal with the much smaller companies that most often sell reloaded ammunition.

It's not a path I would choose, since I dont really see much profit margin unless if you manage to become one of the big guys. If you do choose to start your own ammo company, maybe start small at first and post up in a booth at the local gun show and see how sales go. You could also try an online storefront, but there's already quite a few out there and a few of the big name ones tend to already have a giant market share.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Many of the pieces are in place......A military style police force......Laws that limit liberty and outright take it away.......A secondary framework of government rule outside the normal 3 branch system.

Something is up..........

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The manufacturer should put a limit on how many any certain place can buy. Like they do on stuff on sell at stores.
Where are they actually getting the money for this?

The American people should put a foot up congresses back side and stop unnecessary spending.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join