It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS To Purchase 62 Million Rounds Of AR-15 Ammo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Page 1: marketdailynews.com...

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase over 62 million rounds of ammo typically used in AR-15 semi-automatic rifles, just weeks after the ATF was forced to back down on a ban on M855 bullets.

Page 2: marketdailynews.com...

Although federal agencies are increasingly hiding their purchases by limiting public information on fbo.gov, it can still be conservatively estimated from available data that the feds have purchased at least 2.11 billion rounds of ammunition since April 2012:

That’s enough ammo to kill around 30% of the world’s population.

Furthermore, U.S. soldiers were shooting around 5.5 million rounds of ammunition per month during the war in Iraq, or 66 million rounds annually. Using that figure, the feds have stockpiled enough ammo over the past two years to fight a 32-year war.

So what do you think??

edit on 15-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

From the Forest Service to the Department of Education, the depth of federal arms race should surprise, shock citizenry.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Green tip. If they can't ban it, buy it all up. They don't want us to have it, they can't get away with an out right ban, so the only way to cause a shortage is to buy it all and since they have priority, they get supplied first, with leftovers going to the civilian market. Back door anti 2nd tactics.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

While you're at it, why not eliminate the production of lead in America?

Cause it's dirty and all that.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Here's another swell idea...make some serious threats to ban it, so you drive up the price in 3.3 milliseconds and cause the few remaining manufacturers to pucker their hiney-holes about maintaining production levels because they're worried they'll be stuck with warehouses of illegal ammo on their balance sheets.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hey, here's another! Why not make doctors start asking if you have a firearm in your home and then stuff that into all the neat new electronic medical filing that also has to get reported along back to the Washington data collecting machine?

Who knew it you could stuff anti-second amendment legislation into Obamacare?

Think that weasel Gruber knew it was in there?
edit on 15-4-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So tired of these talks of banning this and that from the public, while they're stocking up on rounds to use against that very same public.

Why is this even a thing? How is it that our tax dollars are paying for agencies to arm themselves in preparation for a fight against us, at the same time they're using those tax dollars to try and take the very weapons they're stockpiling away from us?

What a mess.

edit:
I wonder how much of this nonsense is driven by the corporations that manufacture bullets.
Who'se got a graph handy of ammo prices (adjusted for the failing currency) over the last few decades?
edit on 15-4-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

43% of the population will pull the (D) lever for candidate Mengele without hesitation.

John McCain and Mitt Romney were both nomiated.

South Carolinians reelected Lindsay Graham - again.

John Boehner and MItch McConnell where reelected and reappointed.

Hillary Clinton is free and not rotting at the bottom of a prison...and running for President!!!

Again.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

And all the while UNICEF are criticizing U.S. poverty rates:

The U.S. has one of the highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world. As UNICEF reports, “[Children's] material well-being is highest in the Netherlands and in the four Nordic countries and lowest in Latvia, Lithuania, Romania and the United States.”

www.liveleak.com...

Bullets are more important than food it would seem

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I think this is the same fear mongering rubbish as all the other DHS ammunition purchases over the years.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is why I have an AK. It's pathetic and maddening that they back door democracy like this. I really wish we could live in a good country that cares more about food for its PPP than bullets to kill them.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If there's going to be a shortage, how hard is it to start up an ammo company? Seems like there would be a lot of money to be made...?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

From the Forest Service to the Department of Education, the depth of federal arms race should surprise, shock citizenry.

I would agree but add that the general populace underestimates the size and expertise of the modern militia movement...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Does the 66 million rounds annually include what is used for training, proficiency, lost rounds, etc., or is this figure just whats used in war?

A lot of the time if there is extra money in the budget at the end of the quarter they will use it to prevent having their budget cut. I dunno though, just wanting to throw out a few other ideas on the other side of the coin.

Thanks for the info though OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

It's all for training, just have to read the procurement notes to know this.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Hang on, this arrives every year, and the same paranoia erupts on here every year. You would have thought that by now people here would have realized that this is nothing more than a bulk buy, to save money. This happens regularly, and every single time it's published on right-wing blogs and ranted about by conspiracy theorists as "evidence" of something, and then nothing ever happens!

They've been doing this for years, and they still haven't come for your precious guns, they still haven't started rounding people up for the FEMA camps, they still haven't changed their routine drills and exercises to enact Martial Law...

At what point will people here finally work out that none of this has ever happened, despite the almost daily claims that it's about to at any moment? I could go back five years and see the same threads with the same irrational nonsense over and over and over again, and none of it has ever happened.

It's actually frustrating, I would love for once to see something actually come of these fear-mongering stories, you would all fill your pants instantly.

If we printed out all the threads made about the supposedly coming Martial Law, ammo buys, false flags, FEMA camps and other such nonsense, we would probably have enough paper to cover the world ten times.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
These types of purchases happen all the time. Funnily enough, every time they happen, in comes the people scared for their gun rights claiming it is being done to reduce the supply of ammo in the market. Heh. At least it isn't the Department of Education or something doing it and just the DHS this time.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There is no more lead produced in America. The last lead mine has shut down.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The clinic I go to did ask if I have a firearm in the home. But they're federally registered anyway, so whatever. Just more of my electronic profile.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
There is no more lead produced in America. The last lead mine has shut down.

Not the mines - the smelter.

Obama had it shuttered due to clean air, clean water, daylillies and butterflies.

Bought a battery lately?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join