It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forrester7

originally posted by: muchmadness
Anyone who is as frighteningly obese as this guy is has absolutely ZERO credibility regarding what other people should be allowed to put in their own bodies.

Maybe he should "crack down" on his own addiction.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I wonder if he honestly believes the substance is negative, or if he is just satisfying a political agenda.

Someone cannot honestly believe that marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol or many prescription drugs, provided that they actually are interested in the medical and scientific data.

So then it comes down to only three options if they are adamantly against any kind of regulated legalization: 1) They are completely brainwashed from outdated propaganda 2) They are uneducated and hence ignorant of relevant medical and scientific research 3) They are lying and have an ulterior motive.

With people like Christie, it is hard to know. He is an attorney but also there are a lot of "educated" people who are brainwashed on all kinds of topics, especially conservatives when it comes to substances, religion, or nationalism.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I agree. I even admitted to that in my post. I'm just trying to say not to get your hopes TOO high for having another Democrat President. The odds are stacked against it happening.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know. You and I are always on the same side of the fence.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: wasaka

He'll never be president after saying this.

I'd hope nobody would vote for him period, just based upon his track record....even without this.

He, like many other politicians have proven, multiple times, constantly and consistently, that they cannot be trusted. So, why would anyone in their right mental faculties, vote for someone like that?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Whatever your opinion is on the MJ issue, this guy is a joke and we're in seriously deep # for 2016. I cannot see anyone in the field of potential candidates on any side that I'd want as president. Bush was a nightmare, Obama is just as bad (although he didn't initially seem to be to the uninitiated). Whoever eventually wins, I don't see anything tolerable coming of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I've seen something similar coming for a while. Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. All it's going to take is a U.S Attorney General that does not look favorably on the legalization of marijuana.

Then the alcohol, tobacco and firearms is going to move in and confiscate everyone's assets. I doubt they will throw people in jail over it but they are damn sure going to take all the money.

I don't like that scenario, but it's only a matter of time in my opinion.

Your thoughts are spot on. A cashless society is slowly creeping up and the Americans are blind to it. Easy to close bank accounts at that time. Stranded, penniless, you bet you'll let your arms be released into the "New World Order".

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

weed is not bad mmkay

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This thread created a depressing chain of thought about the upcoming elections...

about the general shallowness and judgmental attitudes that makes decent candidates run back to the private sector, leaving the political positions to empty, power hungry buffoons who feel they must hide all personal traits and rational beliefs to get elected.

True, one U.S. "party" (what a lame party that is) is worse about this than the other... but the saying 'two sides of the same coin' is apt on many levels.

Notice that reasonable, smart, nuanced folks don't get too far in the modern political arena?

I wonder if suicide rates go up during the ever lengthening election cycle? Heh...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join