It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
clearly a clever campaign to show why its needed for some.

Show a rage against it in this way is the best way to say "there are natural alternatives to mental institutions and pills"

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: wasaka

He'll never be president after saying this.

everyones thoughts exactly he nailed his own coffin shut

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasakaWhat a jerk, this guy.

i could think of a few more suitable words to call him but i dont think the mods would like it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Welp Christie just lost the youth vote, and he hasn't even declared yet. Lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And....... there goes any shot he may have had at getting elected.

The majority of Americans now support legalization.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I live in Colorado. I can promise you he will lose here with that talk.

Not everyone here uses,but we all enjoy having our schools fully funded. 20,000+ jobs are directly supported by the industry. The streets in my city were fixed and re-paved for the 1st time in probably 30 years this summer.

No one is giving that back.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

He'll never be president after saying this.

That's the best thing that could happen. Him running with this platform. When he loses, next election, someone will be running an a legalization platform in a major party.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure sugar is more addictive than weed. I'm also pretty sure sugar is responsible for the epidemic of morbid obesity and diabetes as well as a slew of other ailments spawned by poor diets and lifestyle.

Chris Christy, you are an asshat!

Now the conspiracy theory: He was forced to say this so no one votes for him or takes him seriously, giving it all to Bush and Clinton. I guess, that's more reality then theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Christie pretty much just cost himself the election and dismissed a big possible way to make revenue. It's 2015, and a large portion of people use marijuana, and not just for recreation. Childish stances that paint weed as some big evil drug, despite being relatively harmless, while ignoring it's medical benefits, yet supporting worse pharmaceutical drugs, gambling and alcohol is flat out hypocritical. I doubt we'll ever see a republican in office again, without major reforms to the party. This whole living in the past thing needs to stop. We live in a technological progressive society, where tolerance is very important. It's time the politicians start acting like it, instead of promoting this false utopian idea that not allowing drugs is going to magically make them go away and turn everyone into upstanding citizens.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Have you ever heard this guy talk? NO amount of actually legalizing drugs could elect this mongoloid. Mush mouth idiot.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Christie pretty much just cost himself the election and dismissed a big possible way to make revenue. It's 2015, and a large portion of people use marijuana, and not just for recreation. Childish stances that paint weed as some big evil drug, despite being relatively harmless, while ignoring it's medical benefits, yet supporting worse pharmaceutical drugs, gambling and alcohol is flat out hypocritical. I doubt we'll ever see a republican in office again, without major reforms to the party. This whole living in the past thing needs to stop. We live in a technological progressive society, where tolerance is very important. It's time the politicians start acting like it, instead of promoting this false utopian idea that not allowing drugs is going to magically make them go away and turn everyone into upstanding citizens.

American politics is like a Child / Parent Relationship
where no one, not the voter and not the politician,
wants to be an Adult. When people start to vote on
the issues, they will be adults.
Until then, don't
expect the politicians to be Adults.

edit on 16-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well I guess he just lost 90% of voters under the age of 35. Pot is ridiculous. If Alcohol is legal pot should be. And people can make money selling it legally. Which creates jobs etc. Pot has done more for Colorado than the federal government ever has.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Actually I'm pretty sure that our next President will be a Republican. It's just the way that American politics work. Every 8 years, we switch parties in the white house preceded by a switch in Congress two years earlier.

It may behoove people to pay attention to the Republican candidates more than the Democrat ones, because a Republican one will likely win. Going by past voting trends and all.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's exactly whats going to happen. The 1% have now cleaned up the negative attitude of America around the world with a black president who has liberal rhetoric. So now there going to put a Republican in power and start another war.

The game is rigged & pre-planed people!

Let's just hope cannabis legalization is apart of there game and won't be effected by the new Republican President.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Conspiracy theories aside. This is literally a trend noticed by any historian who has followed American politics during the modern era.

History Is Not On The Democrats’ Side In 2016

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
He's a Republican who loves Obama...Apparently too self-indulgent to realize that Republicans don't like Obama, leaving him no chance for winning anything outside of corrupt NJ.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Maybe the rednecks in southern Oregon will go for this anti-pot stuff, but they're a tiny minority compared to those who voted for legalization. Some of these repubs sound like they're still living in the 1950s...except for Rand Paul, these guys seem really out of touch.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
lol well he just shot himself in the foot. Good luck getting elected now!

A relative of mine who initially voted against it here in Colorado admitted that it should be legal nationwide now.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good for him. Nothing to worry about. It's not like that goon is ever going to be president. What a joke.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He should know about addictions now shouldn't he. Food addict. Even with weight loss surgery he's still king sized.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join